xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Corruption Corruption And Corruption

Recently one of my friend got an order to take the charge of a computer section of a revenue department. He is the most honest employee of his department. But when he reached there the person who was having the charge prior to him entirely refused to give up the charge and the reason was that he was earning a lot from this section through corruption. And the plus was when he complained the same to his official in charge of the section even he didn?t took the matter seriously and refused to give the charge and the reason was that he was also being given the share of the same. Due to which the official also didn?t wanted the charge to be shifted. What a critical situation in some departments corruption is so prevalent that even if you want to work honestly you are not allowed to. Right now this friend of mine is very depressed with this situation and totally fed but as he has studied a lot and fought the competition for this post and acquired the job so he didn?t want to leave the job either. Please suggest what should he do to get the same. As he didn't want to sit idle and get the salary even.

actually corruption in earnings is not a new problem and the charges they make you to pay for it, is not a new thing too. actually the only thing he can do is to look at laws and see if there is any opposition with the charges they want or look at the papers which he has signed when he was deploying in that department and see if there is anything mentioned about this situations. if there was any opposition he can make them to not taking the charges or at least one of them, but if there wasn't any opposition then the only way is insisting. i mean in every department you can take your rights only by insisting on them.

I think, these days governments jobs are not suitable for honest people. Though any of my friends are not working in any government offices I had seen plenty of government offices where bribe will play important role in completing works. A school children in our country knows that we have to pay something to get some work completed. And people are used to it now a days. So these employees are feeling it like a right of them.We don't know when it will change in India. But these days ACB is actively riding offices if there are any complaints about corruption. If your friend interested suggest him to meet or call any ACB official.

I think, these days governments jobs are not suitable for honest people. Though any of my friends are not working in any government offices I had seen plenty of government offices where bribe will play important role in completing works. A school children in our country knows that we have to pay something to get some work completed. And people are used to it now a days. So these employees are feeling it like a right of them.
We don't know when it will change in India. But these days ACB is actively riding offices if there are any complaints about corruption. If your friend interested suggest him to meet or call any ACB official.

You are very right to say that but he dont want to loose his job if he is going to take such a step then obvious he is going to loose his job in turn some day. So I dont think he will be ready to take such a risk.

You are very right to say that but he dont want to loose his job if he is going to take such a step then obvious he is going to loose his job in turn some day. So I dont think he will be ready to take such a risk.

I agree contactskn, nobody wants to take risk like this if it costs their job, But if your friend doesn't like to do anything against his problem then there is no reason in his worrying. He just have to go with the flow. And he should accept the fact that unless he will do something, nothing gonna change..
So just tell him, its very common in our country and stop depressing.

I would like to tell you something. In our country Everybody wants change, but nobody wants to be a part of it. Hey its not personal, and nothing offensive, just my feelings... I hope everything will go softly for your friend.. :)

I think the problem with corruption and honest people trying to work with it, is that when you work in that kind of environment at the end of the story you are going to end up being the "bad" person, because the standards of what's good and wrong are totally distorted. It's like a mafia, it's too much power that people involved has, because they are not the only ones in the process, there's always infinite amounts of money running behind that, and people are not willing to lose their share. The best way to get out of that situation when you are not willing to make part of it, is just quit, or hide your anger and frustration if the first option is not possible, because if you are a regular joe no matter how hard you try you are not going to be able to change anything, it's sad but it is the crude reality that a lot of people has to live with.