xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

What Do You Want To Be Discussed On Knowledgesutra?

Man, this place is more boring than watching my igloo thaw out in the spring time. What do people on this forum want to discuss? What are your interests? Some of us might share common interests and recognizing those common interests might spark some discussion and it would be nice to sign on to this forum and see something interesting once in a while. I have a whole load of interests, but here are some that I would be interested in discussing on the forum:I like discussing food and cooking, but reading copy and pasted recipes is kind of boring. Can't we spice up the food discussion a little? Maybe a little information on local cuisine in your country with a picture or two and some personal experiences with the food? Maybe a brief history of the dish if it's something most people wouldn't know? Maybe drinks? Favourite tea? Coffee? Beer? Wine? Anything?I like discussing music, whether it's musical instruments of any kind or recording studio toys, or an interesting composition you made or music theory or a favourite musician of yours that is relatively unknown. I like reading about animals and nature, seeing pictures of wild creatures in other parts of the world or nature pictures. Preferably pictures taken by the poster, not something off of google. I have other interests, but those are a few I wouldn't mind seeing discussed more here. What do other people want to see posted on KS??

:P So Rob wakes up !!! :Dyes the place is so boring these days..no discussions take place like it used to have earlier..the reason can be that the members are getting busy and the new people joining this place do not use the forum in the way ..the old members used to..i see the spam thing getting more space on the forum..The lack of administration is also the another reason.I would say that rather the complaining to the situation of the forum ,lets all talk about what all can we do to make this place more active and attractive as it was earlier...I think we should work on the various ideas present here..@ Rob ..U wrote about the interest u have ..may be a lot of members here wants to discuss the same..So start posting whatever u want to about your interest...

If people take complaining negatively then even i should start posting like members who write 'it's about mycents' in their signatures. Seriously this is my only interest left in this forum. If such state of forums continue then i have to move my sites to hostgator early as possible because this place is going to crash anyway. :DAnyway, whatever interest you have guys make sure you post it in section where you get mycents. :P

thanks mahesh2k for reminding everyone to take a backup before everything goes down (which seems to happen) so i'm creating a full one just right now. there is many things that can be discussed in this forum but there isn't many users active, some of them came for a period and make some posts and then go and never comeback to see the replies to their questions. it's really bad that no admin comes around these days which means that this forum is forgotten. the only little hope is the automated script which gives you mycents which is completely random and no one knows how it works anyway i hope admins comback before it's too late and we can have an active forum again. as i wrote this the backup is finished and i'm going to download it.

thanks mahesh2k for reminding everyone to take a backup before everything goes down (which seems to happen) so i'm creating a full one just right now. there is many things that can be discussed in this forum but there isn't many users active, some of them came for a period and make some posts and then go and never comeback to see the replies to their questions. it's really bad that no admin comes around these days which means that this forum is forgotten. the only little hope is the automated script which gives you mycents which is completely random and no one knows how it works anyway i hope admins comback before it's too late and we can have an active forum again. as i wrote this the backup is finished and i'm going to download it.

Hey chill. :D it's not like opaque is closing down on hosting. It's just that this forum is going down. Web hosting paid and free is his business. He's not closing that down. You can always pay via paypal if you mycents goes down.

But considering -

Outdated fantastico scripts

cpanel limit for maxfile size (2mb) which restricts wordpress upgrades

Softaculous with no updates and not moved to free license

slow support for mycent users(users: -sky-, ash and many others moved to other sites because of this)

Renewal 15 days before expiry date(auto renewal) which cuts down mycent or paypal cash

Expensive domains in comparison to namecheap.com (every domain in Xisto - Web Hosting costs 12.99$)

Low mycent for older member with 1500 posts onwards

Consider above points and tell me how long you can plan for your site hosted here.

It's better to start looking for alternate cheap hosting sites if you consider the above points. Even this post on forums and get hosting is turning out to be expensive if mycents don't reward you in time. It takes lot of your time and you can't spend time on your own site or other online activity. You can't even plan for pre-pay in advance for hosting if mycent is such low.

Hey chill. :D it's not like opaque is closing down on hosting. It's just that this forum is going down. Web hosting paid and free is his business. He's not closing that down. You can always pay via paypal if you mycents goes down.

But considering -

Outdated fantastico scripts

cpanel limit for maxfile size (2mb) which restricts wordpress upgrades

Softaculous with no updates and not moved to free license

slow support for mycent users(users: -sky-, ash and many others moved to other sites because of this)

Renewal 15 days before expiry date(auto renewal) which cuts down mycent or paypal cash

Expensive domains in comparison to namecheap.com (every domain in Xisto - Web Hosting costs 12.99$)

Low mycent for older member with 1500 posts onwards

Consider above points and tell me how long you can plan for your site hosted here.

It's better to start looking for alternate cheap hosting sites if you consider the above points. Even this post on forums and get hosting is turning out to be expensive if mycents don't reward you in time. It takes lot of your time and you can't spend time on your own site or other online activity. You can't even plan for pre-pay in advance for hosting if mycent is such low.

oh so i will reverse my backup procedure :D . the outdated fatastico scripts is not so important because i always install my scripts manually but the 2mb limit is really important but it can be done with taking your update files in 2 or 3 zip parts and then transfer.

oh so i will reverse my backup procedure :D . the outdated fatastico scripts is not so important because i always install my scripts manually but the 2mb limit is really important but it can be done with taking your update files in 2 or 3 zip parts and then transfer.

You don't get it. The 2MB file limit is for wordpress core installation and not for your regular upload. And if you think outdated fantastico scripts is not big deal then keep thinking this way, ash (one member of this site) got his site hacked because of old version of script and plugins. We're paying for hosting (in your case with mycents) and what we're getting less updated fantastico ? php errors during wordpress upgrade (error for /public_html can't be created) you can google about it. How many such script issues are solved at support side ? None. Since wordpress 2.9 i'm experiencing this issue here on Xisto - Web Hosting.

Do we pay for hosting, just to get manual script installation or manual update ? jeez, sounds like this site is turning out to be 1and1 where these problems are regular. I mean you update every script on your site, or say plugin manually instead of asking hosting support to solve the issue of plugin uploading error ?

This 'it's alright' and 'we can manage' type of attitude brought us these days of admin inactivity. I'm experiencing real support on hostgator where my issue of wordpress was solved in 1-2 hours and not 2-3 days like support here. So i'm trying to get attention of admin here on forums but anyway, it's gonna be fail because people think the problems that i raised for this paid host is negligible.