xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Cms Made Simple Whats your opinion?

Hi everyone, I have just came across of this open source content management system software, CMS Made Simple. It has been awarded with the title of "Overall Best Open Source CMS Award 2010" by Packt Publishing. And, only after becoming aware of this, I think of trying it out, and at the moment, I am playing with it on my wampserver. So, far I only faced issue while installing it as I had to change some settings in my PHP configuration which takes some time, little bit more than what I thought.But, now its installed, and I am trying to figure it out about its functionality and if its really Simple as stated in its title, perhaps, I may end up using it on my site.Did anyone else heard of this cms? Or anyone else using this in their site? What is your opinion about this CMS?Thanks in advance and waiting for replies :D

it's very simple and easy to use but i'm using joomla for 3 years so there should be a big difference for me to change my cms which i haven't found yet. i should say this cms is only simple and this not good for old developers. there is many advance seo extensions for joomla which makes your rank better but i can't find any type of those extensions for this cms. joomla offers ability to edit pages from the front end which cmsms doesn't. writing your own modules is easier in cmsms but limited too. so for small websites you can use cmsms but for an advanced multilanguage website i prefer to use joomla instead.(i haven't got any issue while installing cmsms and it was very easy to install like joomla.)

I don't pick up any CMS just because it got award or some geeks are using it. I found wordpress to suit my needs. It's the best for SEO and blogging so my choice was natural to pick wordpress. I have seen some industry professionals producing plugins only for wordpress and this is beneficial for me because learning curve for any plugin or extension to wordpres is easy. Which in comaprison to CMS and other like drupal and joomla is better. For static sites or those who are looking for small and simple solutions for websites will find this CMS extremely easy to use and develop into. Not much SEO tweaking is there but some sites just don't need that much SEO as they are more for keeping their stand on web than battling for ranking.

I didn't hear of that CMS before, After reading your post I just went to their website and downloaded it. I will check it on my local computer and I will post my experience.And I agree with mahesh about CMSs. We just cant use any CMS because it won some award. Usually once you get comfort with some CMS you'll feel it is more easiest than any other CMS. Well its my personal opinion. Well Wordpress is easy, but personally I like Drupal. I agree Drupal is somewhat hard to learn than Wordpress and Joomla, but once you understand Drupal you'll understand its flexibility. You can bend Drupal to whatever you like.. :D