xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Dvd Writer Can't Write? Its weird........

Hello everyone, I am facing a problem with my Sony DVD writer. Since, its a DVD writer it is also supposed to write blank DVD, but, it has stopped writing DVD. I tried to burn a blank DVD few days back and it got burned too...I got a message "Burned Successfully" or something similar...can't remember it correctly. But, after that when I enter the burned DVD in the tray, it was simply showing the DVD as blank........really can't understand the reason behind this....I tried to write DVD multiple times using different blank DVD and my same Sony DVD writer, but, at the end, only wasting up my blank DVD :(As a test, I also tried to write a blank CD and surprisingly, it got burned and the content was being detected by windows.Thus, I came to the conclusion, my Sony DVD writer can write blank CD but can't write blank DVD. Although, it can read contents of both CD and DVD.So, I am here asking for your suggestions. What could be the possible reason and solution for this weird problem? :rolleyes: Thanks in advance :D

Hello everyone,
I am facing a problem with my Sony DVD writer. Since, its a DVD writer it is also supposed to write blank DVD, but, it has stopped writing DVD. I tried to burn a blank DVD few days back and it got burned too...I got a message "Burned Successfully" or something similar...can't remember it correctly. But, after that when I enter the burned DVD in the tray, it was simply showing the DVD as blank........really can't understand the reason behind this....I tried to write DVD multiple times using different blank DVD and my same Sony DVD writer, but, at the end, only wasting up my blank DVD :(

As a test, I also tried to write a blank CD and surprisingly, it got burned and the content was being detected by windows.

Thus, I came to the conclusion, my Sony DVD writer can write blank CD but can't write blank DVD. Although, it can read contents of both CD and DVD.

So, I am here asking for your suggestions. What could be the possible reason and solution for this weird problem? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :D

When you look at the bottom bottom of the DVD disc, does it appear to have had information burned onto it? (You can tell by the appearance. Look at one of your burned cds you should see a change in colour).

I had this burning problem with a computer. I burned a DVD video on it, but it would not play and showed up as EMPTY. I repeated this a couple times and it wouldn't work. So, I tried the DVD on another computer and also on a TV dvd player and it worked fine on both. So the problem was apparently the DVD writer not being able to play what it burned? Kind of weird, but that's what happened. I didn't bother finding a solution. I don't know really, perhaps try another brand of disc or maybe check online to see if otheres are having problems with your specific dvd writer model it might have a firmware update that could help.

When you look at the bottom bottom of the DVD disc, does it appear to have had information burned onto it? (You can tell by the appearance. Look at one of your burned cds you should see a change in colour).
I had this burning problem with a computer. I burned a DVD video on it, but it would not play and showed up as EMPTY. I repeated this a couple times and it wouldn't work. So, I tried the DVD on another computer and also on a TV dvd player and it worked fine on both. So the problem was apparently the DVD writer not being able to play what it burned? Kind of weird, but that's what happened. I didn't bother finding a solution. I don't know really, perhaps try another brand of disc or maybe check online to see if otheres are having problems with your specific dvd writer model it might have a firmware update that could help.

Thanks for reply,

Yeah, I already checked the disk and there is a change in color, so, it is burned successfully, though I forget to mention this in my previous post.....

One thing is still left to try, and that is to try run that burned dvd in another computer. I will try to do that as soon as possible and will post the results here very soon. And, if that DVD runs in someone else computer successfully, then I would end up facing similar weird problem that you faced.....lol

hmm actually many things can cause such a problem.first of all install a trial software called "Iso Buster" and try to browse your disc content through it if you can see the content, there is a driver issue if not you should check to see if your dvd media is original branded and check your burned media in another drive too. you can change your media and test again but also you can change your disc burning software. the best software which you can use is imgburn (freeware). if none of these worked there is probably a firmware or hardware issue.the first mentioned solution (iso buster one) worked for one of my friend. he has a sony dvd writer and if you google your problem you will find this a regular one which is happening for sony brands.