xisto Community
kira423

Pasta Recipes

Pasta with Baked VeggiesYou will need8 oz. Rigatoni Uncooked1 lb. fresh mixed vegetables1 tsp. Italian seasoning2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil2 tsp. balsamic vinegar2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese1/4 cup chicken brothPreheat oven to 500 F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cut vegetables and place in a baking pan. Season with Italian seasoning, and brush lightly with oil. Roast in a 500 F oven for about 10 minutes or until vegetables brown. Drain and set juices aside. Chop vegetables into 1-inch pieces.When pasta is done, drain well. Toss cooked pasta with vegetable juice, vegetables, vinegar, chicken broth and Parmesan cheese.3 Bean PastaYou will need1 lb Wide Egg Noodles1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 1 cup frozen green beans1 small red onion, chopped 1 red bell pepper, chopped 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard 2 tbsp. vegetable oil 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again. In a large bowl, stir together the pasta, kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, onion and bell pepper. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Toss pasta with dressing and serve. These are the only 2 I feel like typing up right now, I will post more later (:

Mexican LasagnaYou Will Need1 lb lean ground beef1 16oz can refried beans 2 tsp. dried oregano1 tsp. ground cumin2 cups sour cream 1 2oz can sliced black olives, drained1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese3/4 tsp. garlic powder12 uncooked lasagna noodles2 1/2 cups water2 1/2 cups piacante sauce3/4 cup finely sliced green onion.In a large bowl combine beef, beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder.Place 4 of the uncooked noodles in the bottom of a 9x13x2 baking pan. Spread half of the meat mixture over the noodles. Top with 4 more noodles and the remaining beef mixture. Cover with remaining noodles. Combine water and salsa. Pour over top of lasagna. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until noodles are tender.Combine sour cream, onions and olives. Spoon over casserole. Top with cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Shrimp PastaYou will need1/2 cup margarine1 onion, chopped1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup8 ounces jalapeno processed cheese spread1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined1 pound angel hair pastaIn a large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine and saute' onions and mushrooms; add soup and processed cheese spread and blend together.Add shrimp and cook for about 10 minutes.Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done; drain.Pour sauce over pasta and serve.

i like pasta very much ,actually it's my most favorite food but i have a custom version which is like this :what you need :1. 300 grams of Spaghetti Pasta (the brand is not important so much but use high quality ones)2. 1 small potato3. 100 grams of mushrooms4. 250 grams of ground beef5. some vegetables (which you like)just boil and make your spaghetti as you always do and then cut the potato and mushrooms in little pieces and mix with the beef and your favorite vegetables and then roast them a little and pour it on your spaghetti, and your meal is ready.

Srimp hmmm, that's one of the best sea food i can ask for in any restaurant. I like pasta as well. It's just that i prefer more saucy and spicy so that i add anything spicy possible into pasta. By the way never tried lasgana so have to see what it is, how it tastes.

Fusilli in spinach-veggies creamToday I'm going to tech you my specialty.Ingredients for 4 people, you can still adapt it for more people:one kilo of fusilli pasta;50 grams of spinach;two carrots;one small can of green beens;a bit of ginger;olive oil;one can of sour cream;one onion;one splinter of garlic;a cup of fresh full milk;salt and black pepper;Ok lets start, first lets clean and cut the veggies, cut the onion in small little squares ( not in wedges ), peal the carrot ( if is from a biological farm then do not peal it if you like it that way ) and cut it too into small cubes, wash and rinse the green beens, wash the spinaches and slice them small and thin.After that take a pan, and with slow fire spill a bit of olive oil on that pan, about two spoons, heat it up a bit but don't let it over heat, never fry food with olive oil, drop in the onion and cook it till they get a nice gold-yellow color, then drop the carrots and also add a half tea cup of water, continue cooking on slow fire and add slowly water till the carrots are a bit soft ( water should evaporate and soak the carrots while cooking ), you can also skip the water part if you like crispy carrots ( I like them soft ), once this is done drop in the green beens and the spinaches, mix them for a little, wait about 8-10 minutes while mixing then add the sour cream and cut the piece of garlic into slices and drop it in the pan with everything else, add the milk slowly to make the sour cream mix better, grate a bit of the ginger in the cream and put some salt and pepper as you like, remember to keep slow fire.Now its time to prepare the fusilli pasta, take a big pasta pan, put the water and make it boil on another fire, when the water is boiling drop a half fist of grain sea salt ( it is said that beside giving the taste it also keep water at 100 degrees stable for 15 minutes ) and then drop the fusilli, on the pack there should be written how long they should boil but usually is between 8 and 11 minutes.And here we go, when the pasta is ready, mix it with the sauce and is ready to be served! Add a bit of parmigiano ( parmesan ) cheese on it while serving if you like it.Buon appetito! B) Ciaoq9c9p

And now Carbonara Spaghetti:Ingredients for 4 people:one kilo spaghetti;70 grams of bacon;70 grams of ham;black pepper;5 eggs;olive oil;fresh parsley;grated pecorino cheese ( parmesan can also do the trick if you cannot find pecorino cheese );My recipe differ from the original from Rome because I add parsley which i like a lot.Ok lets start:set up a pan with water for the spaghetti, when the water boil add grained sea salt to the water ( about half a fist ) and then add the spaghetti;while the spaghetti are boiling cut the meat in small squares and also cut in fine pieces the parsley ( better use the half-moon knife if you have it and know what I mean :) );then break open the eggs, put 4 yolks in a large bowl and add also the last egg as full ( sorry about the left over, you're gonna have to make something out of it, I usually use it to make dessert meringues ), mix then and add the parsley and the grated pecorino cheese;heat up two spoons of olive oil in a pan and drop the meat in it with some pepper, when the meat is crispy drop everything from the pan in the bowl with the mix of raw eggs, parsley, cheese and pepper;when the spaghetti are ready, get them off the water and while they are still hot drop them in the bowl with the eggs mix ( the carbonara sauce ), mix all up and you are ready to go!Buon appetito! B)Ciao,q9c9p

And now Carbonara Spaghetti:
Ingredients for 4 people:

one kilo spaghetti;

70 grams of bacon;

70 grams of ham;

Buon appetito! B)

Ciao,

I forgot to mention that if you are vegetarian you can cut up some seitan in little squares instead of the meat!
Sorry about that, I love to use seitan instead of meat in my recipes.
I will make a post on making seitan! what an idea!

q9c9p

Walnut lasagna.So hereby I continue my list of favorite recipes, ingredients for six people ( some of the ingredients are difficult to find out of Italy ):one mozzarella cheese;100 grams of Emmental cheese ( the swiss cheese with holes );200 grams Asiago cheese;300 grams of lasagna pasta already made;40 grams of butter;300 milliliter of bechamel ( besciamella ) cream;50 milliliter of walnut sauce/cream;40 grams of clean walnuts ( out the the shells :P );50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese;First of all grate together with a mixer the mozzarella, the emmental and the asiago cheese, it does not need to be fine grain grated, thick grain is better in my opinion.Boil some water, remember the salt trick? When the water boil add some big grain sea salt in the water and then drop the lasagna plates to cook, once they are ready get them out and rinse them. Best is if you have a clean cotton towel to put them on to dry a little.Get a porcellain pan, "wash it" with the butter, pass the butter in it on every corner and side, then put the first layer of lasagna, spill some bechamel ( besciamella ) cream and walnut sauce on it just to make another layer then over this make a layer of cheese ( the cheeses we grated before ), walnut and Parmesan cheese.Go on with this procedure making layers over layer till you finish the ingredients, the last layer should be bechamel-sauce-cheese-Parmesan with some butter flakes here and there around.Put it into an oven at 200 ?C for about 20 minutes, after that...Buon appetito!Ciao,q9c9p

Pink tagliatellas ( noodles );First of all I'd like states that tagliatella and noodles are not really the same, yes they are both pasta made with eggs but the tagliatella are about 5 mm large and 2 mm thick, while noodles are more like spaghetti...So, the ingredients for 4 people:400 grams of egg tagliatella ( noodles );150 grams of "palm heart" ( palmito );100 grams of smoked salmon;50 grams of cashew nuts;some white wine;a cup of milk;salt;First off put in a mixer 50 grams of salmon ( half of what you have ), the palmito, 2-3 spoons of milk, the cashew nuts and 2-3 spoons of white wine; mix it till it become a dense mix possibly without lamps, on the side prepare a "bagnacauda", one pan with water containing another pan where the cream is gonna go to heat up.In another pan prepare the tagliatella pasta, when the water is boiling drop a half a fist of grained sea salt and then drop the tagliatellas.When the pasta is ready you can serve it in a plate covering it with the cream and adding little pieces from the left over salmon.Buon appetito!Ciao,q9c9p

Wao!This is the best topic EVER!As italian native I could go on FOR EVER!Hope you all enjoy and like my recipes, I'll try to give you more recipes with easy to find ingredients but thats a bit difficult for me living in this country that in food has a lot to give and teach, please don't get offended other countries also have a lot to teach, I look forward deep fried scorpions! Really!!!Ciao,q9c9p

Rich butterfly.Tonight I was invited for dinner at a family friend and I wrote down the recipe, I had forgotten my camera so no pictures...pardon me.Here the ingredients for 4 people:350 grams of butterfly pasta;300 grams of turkey breast;400 grams of tinned peeled tomatoes ( the long tomatoes );12 black olives without the nut ( or more if you like to have a more olive taste );5 or 6 fresh leaves of basilica;50 grams of spicy provolone ( look it up on google images );one garlic piece;and of course olive oil, salt and pepper ( you can choose which pepper, the one i ate had green, white and black pepper all together );First of cut the turkey in small slices ( 1 square cm for 3-4 cm length ), peel off the garlic and heat it in a pot with 4 spoons of olive oil ( don't fry it just heat it up with slow fire), drop in the turkey slices and let it take the garlic flavor for a couple of minutes; now lets clean the tomatoes and slice them up too, cut the basilica thin ( best of with the half moon knife if have it ) and drop it with the sliced tomatoes ( and the sauce that came when you cut them ) with the turkey-garlic, put some salt and some pepper and let it cook on slow fire for 15-20 minutes, the sauce should become dense and loose the "water" feeling; in the meanwhile grate the provolone cheese.Prepare a pan with water to be boiled for the butterfly pasta, put a half a fist of thick grain sea salt when the water is boiling and drop in the pasta; when the pasta is ready ( al dente :D ) rinse it and drop in the pan with the sauce and the turkey, add the olives ( you can slice them before if you don't like them full ) and let it on the fire for 2 minutes while mixing with a spoon the whole thing.Shut the fire, add the grated cheese and let it melt for a little, add some more pepper if you like and...Buon appetito!Ciao,q9c9p

Mamma mia! That's a lot of pasta. I have some questions, mostly to let you know somebody is paying attention :lol:

I've always wanted to make some Carbonara after seeing a recipe somewhere else, because the ingredients are mostly easy to get, but I've never eaten raw eggs before and people always tell me I'll keel over and die if I eat raw eggs. Since you're still alive, I assume they are safe to eat?

What the heck is Seitan? lol I've never heard that word in my life... If I'm going to be praising something, it'd be nice to know what it is.

What is.. palmito?

The tagliawhatsits, is that at all similar to fettuccine? Could fettuccine be a substitute?

And a semi-related question, you mentioned Bechamel sauce in a recipe. This is just the basic milk, flour and butter thing right? I've made this a few times, but do you know anything to make this sauce more interesting? Any additional ingredients to expand on the basic recipe?

Thanks for the recipes by the way.

Mamma mia! That's a lot of pasta. I have some questions, mostly to let you know somebody is paying attention :lol:

Thank you very much, for a while I thought I was talking to my self hehehe.

I've always wanted to make some Carbonara after seeing a recipe somewhere else, because the ingredients are mostly easy to get, but I've never eaten raw eggs before and people always tell me I'll keel over and die if I eat raw eggs. Since you're still alive, I assume they are safe to eat?

Raw eggs are safe, the freshest the best. When I was a child and I was living in an organic farm I was used to drink raw eggs while picking them up, you take an egg and make to tiny holes ( with a needle or a nail ) on one top, one for drinking and one for letting air pass through.

What the heck is Seitan? lol I've never heard that word in my life... If I'm going to be praising something, it'd be nice to know what it is.

What is.. palmito?

The tagliawhatsits, is that at all similar to fettuccine? Could fettuccine be a substitute?

I don't mean to be rude...but wikipedia is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food) <-- Seitan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_palm <-- Palmito

And yes fettuccine and tagliatelle is the same name for the same type of pasta, I forgot to mention that.

And a semi-related question, you mentioned Bechamel sauce in a recipe. This is just the basic milk, flour and butter thing right? I've made this a few times, but do you know anything to make this sauce more interesting? Any additional ingredients to expand on the basic recipe?

Thanks for the recipes by the way.

Yes, I will post my bechamel sauce soon, right now I just woke up :blink: , but what really makes the bechamel sauce is a spice called "muscat nut" ( noce moscata ) I think in english, gotta search on google to be sure.

Thank you very much, as stated in my profile I like a lot to cook and I'm used to cook in ever kind of situation, on brace, on gas, on stones, I've been to a restaurant near my mum house that is also an organic farm ( agrotourism ) and they serve you a red-hot refractive stone and raw food and you have to cook your food yourself on the stone, is kind of cheap and very very entertaining :D

Ciao,

q9c9p

PS: don't forget to get a corrected coffe after all this pasta ( caffe corretto ), hahahah, is espresso coffe with 3 or 4 drops of grappa liquor, I just love it, but if you go to an true italian restaurant and you'll ask it they'll think you're a native and probably give you the espresso for free.

I neglected to use Wikipedia to give you a chance to make some MyCents B) I thought fettuccine and tagliatelle looked familiar in the pictures. That makes things a little easier, fettuccine is an easy ingredient to find.Muscat nut, I have a feeling that's Nutmeg? I put it in my bechamel sauce once and it tasted like it belonged there. I didn't know if it was commonly used or not, sometimes I just experiment. I've never been to the local italian restaurant I'm not sure how authentic they are as my city doesn't have the best food choices in the world, but the caffee corretto sounds interesting!