xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Google Didn't Catch My New Website?

hi,after a long journey to finish my new website which is a portfolio to my work. i noticed that google didn't catch my website yet :( even i bought my domain about a month ago, and it is up since 2 weeks or more!!!!the weird thing is, when i type "fatemfolio" in google i get a long list of websites that their domain is similar to mine but differs from a letter or two. but when i type "fatenfolio.com" i can see it in the first line of the first page of search results. and if i remember right, google catch my first website after a few hours or putting it up. and always be in the first line of the search results. so what is the problem right now i have no idea. even i spend a long time working on keywords, and i did my best. so maybe all this because it is kind of static website, i mean it doesn't contain a lot of dynamic action only in the about page, there i used php. but everything else i did it using html and css of course. i didn't use CMS either because i don't think i need it. so i think i should do some advertising in social websites like facebook, and twitter. i know it may helps a little but i am not sure, also i am planning to add a link in my blog to my portfolio and adding an interesting thing in the sidebar. well that is all are coming to my mind right now.so, any more help will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

The first thing to do is to post the link in the forum of Xisto. The second thing to do is to ask Eza to post the link. According to another member of the forum a link posted in the forum by Eza results in an immediate result in Google.

Another more serious option is to send Google a request to add the url of the website in their list of search results.

The search terms add and url in Google show the link to the page of Google to add an url.

Another option is like writing reviews and articles about the content of the website with a link to the website and post them on this forum and in other forums. One more option is to start topics about the subjects somebody is an expert in and post the articles on this forum and like on other websites with a forum with a link to the website.

One more option is to solve problems of other members of several forums about the subjects somebody is an expert in an to put a link to the website in the signature of the account of the member.

The 6th result in Google of the search term fatenfolio is the contact form of the website. It seems according to Google the contact form is the most interesting part of this website.

(.....)

the weird thing is, when i type "fatemfolio" in google i get a long list of websites that their domain is similar to mine but differs from a letter or two. but when i type "fatenfolio.com" i can see it in the first line of the first page of search results.

(....)

It is strange that the search term fateMfolio is mentioned when the name of the website seems to be fateNfolio. When th search term fateMfolio is used in Google to search for the website called fateNfolio it isn't strange that Google doesn't show the website called fateNfolio.
Edited by Eza (see edit history)

wd- you have #1-3 rankings for the term "faten folio" and #3-5 rankings for "fatenfolio". you have a couple backlinks only and the backlinks don't even have any link text associated with it. but i am seeing your site rank on the first page for fatenfolio and faten folio.

Why don't you do guest posting for some designer blogs ?This will not only fetch you some traffic but there is chance to get your link on article as well. You just have to get some grammar and typo right for article to be accepted at some of the designer blogs. I know few designer blogs which allows guest blogging but they have very high standards for content and i doubt if they'll accept typo and grammar mistakes. But worth giving a try to fetch some backlink and traffic.

@eza
thanks for your reply but i can't post a link here, only in websites review i think. because it will be against the rules of the forum. and i don't want to get a warning ;)

Advertising (warning): Advertising on the forum is not allowed under any but the following conditions:a website in the review website forum providing it does not compete with any of our services.
when it offers a solution to a problem stated.

@anwiii
thanks for your reply, i found it very useful i didn't tried "faten folio" before. and yes it is in the first page of google search. but when i write "fatenfolio" without space between them i still don't see my website. so what is the difference??
this is even more weird now!!!!

@mahesh
thanks for your reply, you always give me new things to think in :) thanks a lot :P
and what do you mean exactly with guest posting???
you mean that i should write topics in others blogs or i should let other web designers to post in my blog??
i hope you could explain that for me...

I was talking about you posting on other blogs. I mean you can even get more visitors from xomba if you write small piece there and then ask them to visit your big tutorial on blog. It'll be better for you to blog on other blogs in order to get backlinks and to get traffic than letting others do blog posting on your blog. You can get some traffic by letting others to post on your blog but that will take time to notice your guest blogging page. So start with your posting on other sites then move to your own by attracting more designers.

@anwiiithanks for your reply, i found it very useful i didn't tried "faten folio" before. and yes it is in the first page of google search. but when i write "fatenfolio" without space between them i still don't see my website. so what is the difference??
this is even more weird now!!!!

i wouldn't lie to ya :)

post-19564-001725400 1291430939_thumb.jpg
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

i wouldn't lie to ya :)

post-19564-001725400 1291430939_thumb.jpg

i know :) therefor i said it is weird. because i see a totally different thing when i search in google, here is what i see

Posted Image

therefor i keep saying it is weird!!! maybe google don't like me these days or don't like my new domain :(. but i must say that your image was so refreshing :P i even saved it to prove that google catches my site but not showing me that for some odd reason :D.

if you look closely, it's not doing a search for "fatenfolio", but "fat zenfolio". you will need to click on "search instead for "fatenfolio"". easy mistake. i really hate when i type something in and google assumes something else. now you can smile when you see your site on the first page :)

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

hey yeah you are right :P:) thanks a lot. i didn't notice that closely , well maybe it is one of those times when my brain get a deadlock " it is an expression in computer operating system :)" when a lot of jobs should be done in one certain moment then the system will have a deadlock :D this is how i feel right now. thanks again and WOW my site is on google now :P.

If im not wrong you coul use this to check the state of your site in google index

site:https://www.website.com/

Cya.