xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Ouch! Baguettes Can Be Dangerous!

Who would have thought that the thing I love the most would betray me? This exciting episode of Life of Rob is a tragic tale of betrayal and of spilled blood.It was a dark and stormy night when I decided to make a sandwich. Oh, it would be a special sandwich at that. A fine french baguette which happened to be 50% off paired with sliced meat sharing a similar discount. Due to the uh, 'vintage' qualities of the discount baguette it happened to be slightly more crunchy than I expected. Being a victim of a circumstance, the wily cutting utensil slipped on the surface of the bread and sliced through the wrong bloody thing -- my finger. Don't worry, it didn't saw my finger off. It did hurt though! I couldn't believe that the food I had come to love had done this to me. Certainly I would expect this from a woman, but from my baguette? Why?Since no episode of Life of Rob would be complete without a lesson, here is the lesson for all you young people out there inspired by my suffering. I washed off that wound, I applied that rubbing alcohol, and I got right back on that cutting board, and I sawed through that baguette like a professional. I didn't let that setback stop me from achieving my goals. This motivational post was brought to you by the generous donations of chini13, who slips me a fresh roti once in a while.

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

I knew i can motivate anyone...Well your story is very inspirational and sorrowful..I got tears in my eyes when those devil fingers were cut by the knife..Although my imagination went far and i thought the finger would come out of the hand :P :POhh so the poor Rob will no more eat baguettes..And yes the roti's are better options ,more healthy and tastyNote : Next step is to motivate people like Rob ..to turn vegetarian :P

you are not the first victim of the baguettes. i was handling some baguettes someday and one of them felt on the floor and my foot went straight on it so i hit the ground but not very hard. anyway if others come and say their baguette story we can write a book with title of "Me and my Baguette" which will probably give us more mycents :D .fresh baguettes are my favorite tyoe of bread but when they get crunchy i really don't like it and as the rob said his story i will never eat crunchy baguette again. i think you should change your topic title to "crunchy baguette can be dangerous".