xisto Community
anwiii

How To Seo follow along as i show you how to seo the RIGHT way

i don't like plugins that prevent spam comments personally. it's the lazy man's way to control spam. i have my comments set to admin approval. i would rather look through all of them myself. once in a while, you have spammer who will spam your blog non stop with comments. with that, you just block the ip directly. the reason why i don't like spam filters is the same reason why ligitimate mail gets sent to your spam folder. i hate that! so although i have my own opinion on that akismet plugin i never enabled, i can see the purpose for it.kindlewirelessreadingdevices nobody will ever search for :) the other one people search for. as well as the non plural word which actually gets more searches where i am on the second page for that as well without doing much. but i will take a piece of the 7,000 searches once i get on the main page :) but my mind is elsewhere right now.....i think my next post on how to seo will be about how to get ahead of the bigger websites like amazon. according the my example site, amazon holds the top 3 spots. people think it's tough to get ahead of them, but it's not as hard as people think if they realize the legitimate theories behind seo and not assume too many false theories and rumors.problem is, i've been busy with two other projects. i'm going to start my own make money online website, and i have just purchased 4 domains for a niche i plan to work on as soon as i get my hosting resources upgraded. two time consuming projects. i will try to fullfill my commitment i made earlier in this thread(there is absolutely no doubt i can do it), but time is money and there is more money in the other two projects. plus, it's been a dream and goal of mine to help people make money online. there is too much false information floating around and a lot of people fail because of it and they give up. i can realistically help some start making $100 a month in 2 months which would grow to $2,000 a month after a year(realistically). so if time permits, i will try to fullfill my commitment, but i wont be holding my breath.stay tuned for my next update in how to seo!

OK. That's one of the best posts i've ever read on Xisto.... so, before i start, i might as well give you the 1ST wisdom flag i ever gave! But I'm not really that generous... so if you don't keep your word, im gonna take it back (if i can.. i don't know if i can).

I don't know how you time your posts or something but you just added this thread right when I was researching seo for my new site,

"walking.d.e.ad.cent.ral.c.om" without those weird periods. Well, its a new tv show, or new niche in the net. I wanted to take the advantage by picking up a site domain. It only has like 2 episodes or something right now, so its still pretty heavy. Though your keyword is like 8K, mines soo new that it only has 140 global searches (i think it will be in 10Ks by next month)and BOOMING search trends. What i wanted to know is, is it gonna be harder cause its new and everyone is making a site on that show or easy because its new???

Well, anyway i did the SEO and everything and its pretty plugged up swell on the SEO... BTW... you were wrong, AIO SEO is NOT the best seo plugin for WP. Though, its the easiest (and most popular), its overrated. There are 2 better plugins, one being Platinum SEO Pack... which USED to be a ripoff of AIO SEO but now it has MANY MANY things AIO doesn't have. Just install it and see.... AIO is lagging behind and its pretty much dead now. And the ONE I USE, the one which is the best (or so i believe) is called "HeadSpace 2 SEO". first ill tell you the ONE BAD THING ABOUT IT, it has serious bugs.... getting it to install is the biggest headache and another thing is that you have to edit your title tags in your header.php. Now, here's the good part: its 100 times better than platinum (or AIO). You can EDIT ANYTHING YOU WANT in the description and Title tags for all your posts and entire site. You can automate it (like i did) so it uses shortags and automatically adds the post name in between. Like for a example, I set it so in the POST title tags always go by this rule: Watch %post% Online - %sitename%. So, i don't even have to EDIT THEM AT ALL! I just add the post name and headspace switches it... but it only does it if you don't specify a title in the post page. Also, you can go back and edit your title tags, keywords and descriptions for all your posts ALL AT ONCE!!! What i do is, combine this with the the plugin "Robots Meta" so it adds canonical tags, no dyip tags,etc. You should try it out btw ;)

Secondly, i wanna know what you're gonna have on your site anyway... some kind of article or something? but don't you have to re-write articles yourself to get the maximum SEO advantage? And did you really do any "physical" seo? I thought no body was getting a kindle anymore and moving on to the iPad... and the kindle sales fell ALOT recently or something.... you should check that out, seriously. I think you woulda been better off with going with the iPad or something.

Hmm.. thats about it.... anything you'll like to say about my site (don't worry, i won't ignore you)... anyways, good luck :) and lets see who gets to the top first (probably you). :D

This is interesting. I don't know what will be length of this first post going to be, i mean if you're going to post in detail in that case it'll go above text limit(just thinking, not sure how much limit is that). So in that case are you going to post another big length post under this thread or new one if text limit reaches ? Looking forward to the result of this experiment. I'll watch this thread and then will try if i can optimize in similar way for Dell Mini(which is going to compete to Ipad)Never did such one item sales promotion before but we'll see. :D

oh great job anwiii, i was looking forward to this post. because i know of what you are capable of and what you can do. as you used to say to me, "SEO IS AN ART JUST LIKE WEB DESIGNING" and i am one of those who is still very beginner in that field. not mentioning all the times i asked for your help about my site :P and every word you told me is helped my site to move a step forward. and i do appreciate that and memorize all your advices because simply they are so useful and necessary for everyone who wants to get a successful website. so writing a whole long detailed topic about that is like you are opening a treasure to us :D especially for me, because i am starting a new website, and even i bought the domain more that a week ago, but sadly to say that google didn't pick my site yet for some odd reason. so, i will try to read every word carefully and follow your advices to help my new site to be successful.thank you in advance, and prepare yourself to answer my annoying questions :D. i will be waiting for your next thread, good luck my friend and i know you can do it :).

The first step to get visitors is to publish the link on the forum of Xisto. It is possible to ask for advice from the forum members too.Search Engine Optimization is not the only thing to do.An approach that might result in some visitors is to make search engine optimization part of a set of publish activities in a marketing mix.The division of time, money and available means can be spread over the seperate publicity activities that are available.Free publicity like on a forum, social networks and search engines can be part of the publicity activities.Other activities are like advertising, promotion, a folder, a google text advertisement, a video on Youtube, sending emails, handing out flyers.

Contrary to what the topic starter states Google found the website by itself. It seems Google has a big interest in Xisto. This can imply that the forum of Xisto is more important for the internet than some members might be aware of. Since Google had already found the website and since Google published the name of the website and the link to the website in the list of results before the link was posted in this forum there is no reason to blame somebody for posting the link and making Google aware of the name of the website because the link was published. The only conclusion might be that Google is faster with finding the name of a website and publishing the name of the website.Although it would have been funny to make Google aware of the new website by posting a link before Google showed the link in the search results this is not what happened. Google managed to find the website by itself. Maybe new websites of Wordpress are send to the Google engine by Wordpress itself automatically.There were four results shown from the search term: kindle.wireless.reading.device.net. And two of the results were of Xisto. So Google managed to find the name of the website with dots in it in the content of the forum.If Google would not have shown the name of the website in the results before the link was posted in this forum it would indeed have been a bit lame to post the link and to destroy a little bit the purpose of this experiment. The funny thing that was supposed to be shown by posting the link and the results of the search trial is that the name of the website was in the results of Google before the search engine optimization started.And in contrary to what was posted the website of the link seems to be the website that is subject of the experiment.

Edited by Eza (see edit history)

Contrary to what the topic starter states Google found the website by itself. It seems Google has a big interest in Xisto. This can imply that the forum of Xisto is more important for the internet than some members might be aware of. Since Google had already found the website and since Google published the name of the website and the link to the website in the list of results before the link was posted in this forum there is no reason to blame somebody for posting the link and making Google aware of the name of the website because the link was published. The only conclusion might be that Google is faster with finding the name of a website and publishing the name of the website.
Although it would have been funny to make Google aware of the new website by posting a link before Google showed the link in the search results this is not what happened. Google managed to find the website by itself. Maybe new websites of Webpress are send to the Google engine by Webpress itself automatically.

There were four results shown. And two of the results were of Xisto. So Google managed to find the name of the website in the content of the forum.

Nope. That does not happen? Google just happened to "guess" the name of anwiii's website by itself? It had to have found out the link from your post (or somebody else's) and indexed the site. Though I don't say its completely your fault since ANWIII was kinda supposed to change the settings from "I would like my site to be visible to everyone, including search engines" to "I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors" to stop Google/SE's from indexing before you're done with the site.... anyways, try to find out more about the topic before you start saying stuff (try to at least)...

BTW, its Wordpress not webpress :D
Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

problem is, i've been busy with two other projects. i'm going to start my own make money online website, and i have just purchased 4 domains for a niche i plan to work on as soon as i get my hosting resources upgraded. two time consuming projects. i will try to fullfill my commitment i made earlier in this thread(there is absolutely no doubt i can do it), but time is money and there is more money in the other two projects. plus, it's been a dream and goal of mine to help people make money online. there is too much false information floating around and a lot of people fail because of it and they give up. i can realistically help some start making $100 a month in 2 months which would grow to $2,000 a month after a year(realistically). so if time permits, i will try to fullfill my commitment, but i wont be holding my breath.

stay tuned for my next update in how to seo!

Hmmmm.....make money online website. I hope it will be different, not like one on which I am working(PTCTr@ck) :blink:

And, one more thing I noticed your google ads on your under construction make money online website which if I am not mistaken, then according to google adsense publisher policy isn't allowed on sites specifically talking about numerous make money online ways. I haven't seen google ads on such sites. Or, possibly I am mistaken. Please, correct me if that's the case because then I won't have to go for an adhitz account.

And, I must admit, you are really SEO Master. :D

I will be following this how to seo thread. I am starting a new website myself - a blog, and I intend on trying to make a little money from it. I have read elsewhere, just as you started about, that the best way to make money is through affiliates such as Amazon, and selling products that are relevant to your blog or website. I am going to also read some other websites that give information pertaining to seo, and see what plugins are the most appropriate for optimizing wordpress. I am still trying to decide what products I will sell that are related to the topic that I will be blogging on, but I'm sure that I will find something. I am trying to blog on a topic that is broad and has a large membership base, while at the same time the topic is concentrated enough to sell a product or a few products - even if just ebooks. I am not sure about AdSense, when I use it previously, I only earned 1 or 2 dollars, and I don't want to blog for chump changes. Nevertheless, I may use adsense, and use one of the many affiliate programs alongside it.

I actually find that SEO things are not always working as i thought, i have a forum form 3 years ago and for the first two years i was always worried about my rank in search engines, i installed nearly any extension i found that was related to seo and i got some viewers and it wan't bad at all but from last year i changed the forum software and i didn't installed any seo related plugin but i got my rank very better during 1 month and i was surprised because i was deciding to install some seo related plugins but after i saw my page rank in google and my traffic in alexa i decided not to install any plugin for seo things. so i think seo is a bit weird and no one actually can say how it is working but i think getting to it for the first years isn't bad but after your site got enough viewers you can take it easy and just forget about seo :D .I should mention that i'm not earning money from my forum so i can not say how much seo is important for your income but as i read this topic i can say if you keep following Anwii's instructions you will get more money from your site.

Edited by Iniyila (see edit history)

Damn anwiii, you should have a Dr. Phil show but for SEO :D Are you going to vlog soon before the trend is over?Anyway... Dear Dr. anwiii, I have small tutorial site that tries to give tips for web site builders, much like what you do in your show, but the technical and critical website structure-related information instead. Anyway, since my website isn't only about one subject like how to get a kindle or something, I don't have keywords for the whole site (well I have tutorials , web designer tutorials and stuff like that, but the market is too crowded for me to try to shove my site through on google to even get on the 100th page), instead, what attracts people to my site is the individual tutorials and how-to stuff people search for. I am aware though that having an overall good pagerank will help me get closer to the top with my tutorials, but the tuts themselves make a big difference.I don't promote my site in any way at the moment. I get 6 visitors a day, almost all of them arrive through google. I haven't posted any content in months.I wondered if you could give any suggestions for promoting the tutorials and getting them higher in the search (you know, except the usual subheader and bold text and stuff). What kinds of keywords should I use? Currently I'm using 3-4 keywords each consisting of 2-4 words. I was thinking of promoting on Facebook or Digg. But none of my main facebook account friends are interested in websites, nobody will probably digg my stuff... it'll be just like those blogs where there is a pathetic "tweet this" or "share this" button and it says nobody has tweeted it or shared it on facebook on every page. It's almost as pathetic as the share this buttons on this forum... I mean, who is actually going to do that? on a forum? People are lazy. The only thing I can think of is linkbacks. Other than social networking and article sharing sites I can think of spamming forums and blogs. But I don't want to spam for linkbacks. So, any suggestions for a tutorial site type of thing? Like, you know, before you leave the sutra thing forever... :(

Hi anwii, now that i'm inactive on this site i find it hard to follow your replies and thread. Is there any other place you're active? forum or blog ? :)Thanks for the update. Glad to know that you're starting a guidance site for mini sites and make money online. This is very much needed because there is a lot of distractions already. By the way can you discuss changes like LSI, Grammar mistake and search results, duplicate content topics on this thread ? this will keep this thread active. If you don't want, you can post it on your blog or another forum if KS is going crappy and down like this. (Psst- Xisto is down for 2 days and Xisto redirect for this forum stopped working, sad to know the way shri is thinking). Anyway, that's not our problem. I would love to see update on above three topics - LSI, Grammar mistake and search results, duplicate content.

Hi anwii, thanks for the answers. Few more questions that i have regarding these topics. 1. LSI - i'm a bit confused with overall pictuer of LSI, any idea how to view it in layman's way ?2. Grammar Mistakes - i wasn't clear with grammar mistakes/typos. I mean to say if bani and i started separate blogs on ASP.NET and being a non-native speaker if my blog contains typo and grammar mistake more than bani but carry more content then how quality and social vote will be judged ? i know that there are many irish, poland programmers who write in less grammatical friendly way but have solid content, in such case how google will judge with ? backlinks ? social promotion ?3. Duplicate content - by the way, adding comments under the duplicate content increases SE value ? i know it is myth but some people i came across on infobarrel say comments are also part of content for which i disagree,so asking you for this. 4. Content length - do you think there is minimum and maximum content length limit ? i know more words are helpful for SE promotion but i have also seen 150-200 words content ranking higher. so which should be min threshold ?Thanks again for the earlier answers. I find it hard to post here but this thread is keeping my one foot sticky at KS. :D

Hi Anwii thanks for answers. I did one experiment 6 months ago related to nofollow link and my results are definitely impressive. I started one site and used article writing on xomba and few other nofollow sites and found that domain was indexed in few hours. So yes, google does pay some attention to nofollow places on the web. I'm definitely going to pay attention to directories and content writing sites which are keeping nofollow tag on the submitted articles. Those places are good for traffic because on such places there seems to be a lot of member activity.In between i'll definitely spend some time testing how 150 word page performs on SE (though i have strong feeling that it'll perform good if there are other feeds on page just like on xomba or other sites where bookmark submission length is 50-150 words). Also thanks for clarification on grammar mistakes/typo, i think i have to get back to my british english class notes.

really very interesting posts and replies anwiii, i will give you another wisdom flag because you really deserve it my friend ;) . and if you are really going to leave this forum :( (which i hope not :( ) because i used to see your name in online members or posts or topics posted by you or even a fun comment in the status, so not seeing you around is a horrible loose. but if you did, i will respect your choice and i must say that you left with (glorious leaving) with this thread and all your past threads you left your touch here. and we are all will be appreciated to you, because most of us don't know a lot about seo, or know a little and messed up with what they should do, as i do :D .

now i want to ask something, according to what i read till now, comments is important to bring traffics, and i am now using "akismet plugin" to avoid spam. and i must say since i started using it i rarely get any comments, and my website's rank in google be worse. as i remember, i read recently a topic a few days ago to avoid akismet plugin and use anyone else, so, what do you think?? should i keep it or use another one, and if so which one do you recommended??

thanks in advance, and waiting for your next post :)

ah by the way, the keyword "kindlewirelessreadingdevices" is RANK #2 in google right now.

and

the keyword "kindle wireless reading devices" is RANK #11 in google now

both of them navigate to your site, i checked that personally :P.

"WOW ...A HUGE SUCCESS ANWIII...GREAT JOB"