xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cean

New Around Here

Hello everyone :) My name is Cean, nice to meet you all.I read about Xisto on some random website, and was curious so I googled it, and so here I am, extremely interested in the free webhosting service provided. I hope I get to know people around soon.

Hi Cean!Welcome to Xisto!I am sure you will like the community here on Xisto as much as the free web hosting service. The web hosting provides unrestricted access to all of the PHP functions, unlike other free web hosting providers that disable a lot of the functionality that PHP has to offer. As Iniyila says, this is pretty much the best free web hosting that you can find and has been around for quite a while, so you know it is not going away anytime soon.BTW, you may have heard of the old name of the community - Trap 17. The forum was renamed a couple of years ago but a lot of articles out there still refer to it by the old name and have not been updated to reflect the change. Even the Xisto.com home page refers to us as Trap 17. The name Trap 17 was quite catchy and was based on the name of an Internet cafe somewhere in Mumbai. The folks who founded Trap 17 / Xisto frequented the Internet cafe and after the cafe disappeared, this community was formed as a kind of a tribute to all of the good old memories that folks shared out there. I have seen a couple of Internet cafes come and go - one that I went to often in Mumbai that turned into a data entry and software development firm, and another in Hyderabad that seems to be running some other kind of a business but I cannot tell because it is one of those underground shops where the pavement is a few feet above it.Anyway, do have a good time with the community - reading the guidelines and rules threads will help you make the most of your experience here.

welcome to Xisto cean i hope you have an enjoyable time while earning free webhosting\domains and remember you must also be signed up for xisto under the same email and mycents takes a while to update so don't get discouraged ;) I hope to see your around on the forums :) have a great time
~ calebFTW

Hi Cean!
Welcome to Xisto!

I am sure you will like the community here on Xisto as much as the free web hosting service. The web hosting provides unrestricted access to all of the PHP functions, unlike other free web hosting providers that disable a lot of the functionality that PHP has to offer. As Iniyila says, this is pretty much the best free web hosting that you can find and has been around for quite a while, so you know it is not going away anytime soon.

BTW, you may have heard of the old name of the community - Trap 17. The forum was renamed a couple of years ago but a lot of articles out there still refer to it by the old name and have not been updated to reflect the change. Even the Xisto.com home page refers to us as Trap 17. The name Trap 17 was quite catchy and was based on the name of an Internet cafe somewhere in Mumbai. The folks who founded Trap 17 / Xisto frequented the Internet cafe and after the cafe disappeared, this community was formed as a kind of a tribute to all of the good old memories that folks shared out there. I have seen a couple of Internet cafes come and go - one that I went to often in Mumbai that turned into a data entry and software development firm, and another in Hyderabad that seems to be running some other kind of a business but I cannot tell because it is one of those underground shops where the pavement is a few feet above it.

Anyway, do have a good time with the community - reading the guidelines and rules threads will help you make the most of your experience here.

Xisto is a catchy name :P and i didn't know that Xisto was named after a internet cafe, long live Xisto!