xisto Community
DrakeSnow

800 Number Call-In Biz For Lazy Writers I have a business idea I want to try but dont know if it will wor

So after my last company, an internet publishing firm, known as "System Sorcery Papercrafts Co.", failed, and my current plans for a BBS services corporation, known as "IRF-BBS" are not coming to fruition (still have not received the approval letter from State of MI. Neither have I received the rejection letter), I figure if I go small first and then build my business up, I can get a better business going.My idea I want to pass in front of more experienced entrepreneurial folks like you, is for me to start a writing circle, and get a 1-800 number, so that I can receive orders from people looking to have their memoirs or autobiographies written, published, and printed. They pay the price for the service (a single fee, no exceptions and no hidden charges), and they get the final copy of the book plus all editorial control. Another company (perhaps an Ebay distributor) does the selling and marketing.I thought of this because I read in a book on diary-keeping that people in Japan call in their diaries. I figure we don't have that many type of services here in the USA, and I can make one to fill that void (or you can, if you steal this from me. But then I'll enter the business just to run you out of business (laughing evilly)).So the business is simple. I want people to call a 1-800 number (no words in the number), and leave a message no longer than 15 minutes. They also leave a Paypal or Alertpay email address which we can use to pay them once we sell their book.Then I assign the work to two or three writers in the writing circle, and we work on this in rotation until we finish, and then email them to get their input on design and editorial details. Finally, when they agree, we ask for a small per-title payment so we can go to the printshop and print 100 copies. We mail the copies to our distro who then sells them on Ebay. Then we take out our own commission and Operating Expenses and then the rest goes to the caller.I wonder if there are any laws I need to be aware of, any pitfalls I might make, and any other resources that would be available for this?I am thinking of getting an LLC status for the biz and a Kall8 800 number.Thanks for the swift and thoughtful replies. Your experience and advice is priceless!Blessed be.