xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DrakeSnow

How Do I: Install Bsd To Netbook With No Cd/usb Working? I want to overwrite my Fedora 13 OS with a DragonFlyBSD OS

I want to overwrite my Fedora 13 OS installation with a DragonFly BSD OS installation, but I am using a Tord Boontje (no clue how to translate: it's a name apparently) HP Mini 110 - 1100 TU netbook with no CD or other optical drives, no peripheral CD/DVD rom drive (I guess to install by CD USB drive), and all my USB/SD stick/cards are either lost, too small to hold the OS live system, or simply have broken filesystems.I am in a quandary since I need to change OS but don't want to upgrade the system (Fedora is a tad stinky on certain issues, like no MP3 support and little, if any, video support for DVD Out Of The Box - I am an indie filmmaker on the weekends and my projects require these codecs. Upgrading a system is always a hassle because I need to reinstall the RPM Fusion and Livna RPM repository files which takes time out of actually making movies).Does anyone have any advice on how to get the DragonFly BSD system on my netbook? If so, then thanks!PS - the computer cannot netboot. I have not yet found an OS that netboots without hanging due to missing Broadcom wlan drivers...PS - I am traditionally a travel writer, so most of the time not having codecs is no big issue, but I'd still rather have themPS - I am trying not to use camelcase, but the DragonFly BSD is just so named that way. Not my intention to spell it, that's the way it is spelled by the developers.Final PS - If you can't be of assistance, thanks anyway. Have a nice day and blessed be.