xisto Community
Ala

World Problems Issues and solutions

The people of the world face several issues. Some of the problems are listed below.

1. Hunger.

In some parts of the world people still have not very much food to eat every day.

2. Diseases.

Some diseases are getting more and more widespread.

3. Poverty.

A big part of the world popularity has to live by a very low income or almost no income at all.

4. Polution.

Rising economies, old economies and booming industries cause polution.

4a. Air polution.

Cars, transportation and traffic, warming of houses and buildings, industries, air planes and several other sources cause air polution.

4b. Bottom polution.

Radioactive garbage is stored in the bottom because there is no possibility to reuse or clean it.

4c. Water polution.

A disaster like with the oil well in the Mexican Gulf shows the risk of water polution.

Edited by Ala (see edit history)

Well the pollution thing could be compiled as one problem...i think we already had some topic similar to this one..but thats good that we keep on discussing the problems of the world ...so that we don't forget them all..By the way you forgot to mention a lot of problems ...like the terrorism ..which could be regarded as the problem to sustain peace in the world but the problem of employment ..which could deal with that of poverty and hungerthe problem of saving the earth..the natural disasters

the problem of saving the earth..the natural disasters

I really don't see how you can "Save the earth" from natural disasters... i mean, they are called natural disasters, its a part of nature.. we might foresee tsunamis or hurricanes but not all like earthquakes (well, you can predict earthquakes but only in long term). I think its better to let nature run its course... :) unless its headed my way :D

Poverty is hard to control unless people who have money step in and help. I men government of almost every nation failed to tackle this issue. People are also these days ignoring this so i think this has something to do with mentality. Hope some people with money steps in and solve this issue. Pollution can be controlled to some extent, it's just that people need to control this on personal level first before expecting answers from others. Diseases and natural disasters are random can't be controlled but we can take only precautionary measures.

Let's cull your list a bit shall we?First off, lets just say polution is a problem. Just one polution please. No fair counting it as 4 different problems. As I see it, the big one here is poverty. If you weren't living in poverty you would have money to buy food. If you buy healthy food, and take care of yourself, disease would also be a lot less of a problem too. And of course, your medical care would be much better if you aren't living in poverty. You could afford doctor visits, and medicine as needed. So...if we concentrated our efforts on ending povery, one of the problems would completely dissapear, and the other problem would nearly go away on it own. Some disease is unavoidable, when you live in close contact with other humans you are going to pick up some illness no matter how carefully you take care of yourself. Polution. Now, not too much can we do about that unless we add a problem you left off your list. Overpopulation. Any good farmer knows you can only run so many cows in one pasture. If you try to run more, your cows will not only starve, but they will be more likely to get sick from being in too close quarters and not haveing sufficient nutrition. The same hold true with humans and this planet. Now, lets keep culling our troubles. If we didn't have an overpopulation problem, we wouldn't have near the polution we have now. And also, with less population, there would be more jobs and other recourses available for the people here. More jobs and recourses mean less poverty! Isn't it amazing!? All those problems boiled down to just one! If there wern't so many dang humans on this planet, we wouldn't have any problems!

:P well that was foolish of me..dm made it clear..but the world problems ummm...well the worlds problems can be creating harmony..and with so different people in the world it can't be solved..The problems which can be the reason for any war later ...would be..oil crises and the scarcity of water which is rising and the climatic changes..these problems which i also meant earlier are the problems which are difficult to resolve but can create war..:P

I think the solution to these problems is to make ourselves better and let's do our part by not throwing garbage anywhere and by cleaning our place. Just being a responsible citizen is a big help to the society and the whole world. If all of us are responsible in our every action. I think we have no problem anymore.

All of those issues with the exception of disease are causes of capitalism. If you really think about it, there is no reason other than profit that people are starving. There is enough land and resources to feed everyone on the planet, but those resources are held by individual rather than society as a collective body. So a little poor girl in Somalia doesn't even have a plot of dirt, while a little girl in Europe is set to inherit a 7000 acres estate and a couple of millions. The fact is that the world is moved by profit. The question is not whether or not food in needed in Ethiopia, but rather is it profitable to feed the people of Ethiopia. So people would rather make profit, and ignore the suffering of others. They don't realize that it was only by chance that they were born in another geographical area to different parents. However, anything for profit. Just look at American slavery. It was all about profit. If you can get free labor, you have yourself an almost self-reliable money making machine. If someone has a machine that makes money, you're going to have a hard time convincing them to pursue moral correctness by giving it up. Look at the way companies treated employees in the last 200 years. Even today, American companies and people looking for a profit continue to enslave human beings in third world countries. I can't even list all of the American companies who have sweat shops in Asia. Those same sweat shops would be in the United States if it were not for unions and government policies. People will do anything for profit and just because someone is wearing a suit does not mean that they don't have the mentality of a bank robber. I find that most people have a hard time understanding the concept that their beloved cooperate leaders would enslave them if they could make profit by doing so. Just as a bank robber would shot you if you get in the way of the loot. Or how a pimp puts his girl on the corner to make money and beat her down if she refuses to sell his body. So no one really cares about world poverty or starvation because they are all about profit.Even when it comes to the environment, they don't care. There is a neighborhood in Alabama that is contaminated and killing the people living there because a company came in and put all kind of pollutants in the air and soil. The EPA is currently trying to find a solution, but you can't really move the air and soil, so the neighborhood is ruined and the people are dropping like flies. They are all dying, and I could not believe it until I saw it on the news over and over again. It was quite conceivable to me that a company would come in and contaminate a neighborhood to the point in which children playing in the dirt got cancer and the only solution that the EPA could give was to tell the children to wash their hands and keep them out of the grass and dirt. What about the air? People just don't believe that these companies are actually hurting the environment to that extend, and those hurting it don't give a darn anyway. As long as their pockets are heavy, and they don't live in the neighborhood.

Solving the world's biggest problems is a kind of fantasy for me. The world is meant to be that way, full of people who create problems all the time, full of people who try to solve them and eventually full of problems all the time.Having said hat I thing solving problems starting from local communities and going through the problems of the country is the way to go. The problems in the world are in a way the accumulation of all the problems in communities and countries.