xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eza

How To Post On Knowledgesutra [resolved] Old versus new members

Some old members seem to think that they own this forum.Being a member of the forum for a long time gives some privileges. And old members are appreciated for all the time they gave and all the efforts they made. Their posts and topics make this forum to what it is nowadays.On the other hand things move on. New ways of using the internet are invented. And new ways of using websites are developed. So when old members are stuck to their old way of posting and reading the posts of other members it might happen that they don't understand the changes that happen on the internet.So before telling other members how to behave on the forum it might be usefull to think if the negative attitude comes from outdated points of view.

:P :P now this is going to make the forum more activeu can do anything what u like on the forum....and people will have different point of views..don't worry about thatsay what u want to ....its your right..except any offensive comments on the public place...and your posts will be well checked by the mods.so don;t worry :P keep posting:D :Dmore arguments more active forum hehehehe

:D ha ha this is going to be a fun thread if all the members managed to see this thread. Nice bait thread by the way. I would like to see some clarification from members older than me or any other regular who is in touch with admin or mods.1. Which member got a slight feeling that they owned this forum ? 2. Which privilege old members got that separates them from newbies ? In fact old members are getting screwed with mycents, so let's talk about that holy privilege :D3. Which changes that are happened to internet that old members ignored or not aware of ? :blink: Anyway, this thread reminds me of similar thread from inea. Not sure who's sock puppet is this but this is going to be a fun :D

she was relating this post to a response i gave her when she posted nothing but 5-6 videos without any content whatsoever :)funny you mentioned inea because the more and more i think about it, the more i believe eza's account is a dup account......someone hiding behind another accountalthough i disagree with her that i feel like i own the forum, i DO take a personal interest in it and will argue my points where i see fit. everyone should have a right to their opinion wether postive or negative. the difference between that and what eza is saying is that she is saying it because she doesn't like other people's opinions. this is a VERY subjective mindset coming from a new user. almost reminds me of bikerman who is also very subjective in the way he thinks calling anyone who believes in god or wants to defend god's existance, a "troll".to verify who is really behind this account, all a mod has to do is compare ip's. i will bet $ that this is a dup account and 10-1 that it is inea's. any takers? :) eza? :)on a more serious note, i love seeing new users. they bring a breath of fresh air even if i don't agree with them. it really is ok to disagree as long as people can respect each others opinions. eza is off to a bad start in respecting other peoples opinions and trying to give others a bad name indirectly.my advice to you, eza, is to post some ORIGINAL content or learn to if you don't know how because just posting multiple videos in multiple threads doesn't cut it. i don't own this forum, but if you keep talking nonsense, i will own YOU :)

hey, i knew it :D i knew from the first line of this thread that this thread is targeting anwiii in a way or another :P. no one pushes members to debate or make such threads but him hahaaa. good job anwiii, you are trying to keep the forum active is your own way.and seriously, i don't think that any member, whoever who is he or she should feel like he owns the forum. because the fact is that this forum is owns us :D , and if you look deep to this point of view you will agree with me. now, if you keep the mycent issue away, you can see a lot of us come to this forum, to chat, write his mind, meet friends, talk about interesting things, have fun, learn and get knowledge, ask and get answers. and in spite of the life pressure, the whole day duties , job or family we keep on coming for one of those reasons. so as you can see it is like addiction to us, and the forums owns us ;) . anyone agree or disagree with me??

Phew. :D And I though this was another TOS. Ok, just kidding. :P But seriously, I thought this was some way some "advice" on how to make quality posts. I just thought it would be interesting. Instead, looks like I found someone who's just ticked off at someone making a comment to their thread just because...yea, well, I followed that too for a bit.Anyway, just because KS has changed their name doesn't mean old members are forced to follow new rules. It just means they're here to enforce rules that had been set before the name.change while new ones are implemented and old becomes new. It also means that old habits die hard. Sometimes really hard. I had developed current habits from trial and error. It also feels more satisfying to type out complete sentences while completely avoiding net-speak because they give me a really hard time to follow while reading. And it drives me crazy. But of course, I don't completely avoid typing out shortcuts. I just use them when it is needed. :P Also, I just have a "really" bad habit to type out a lot of things, but that's only because I usually say what is stored in my thoughts, and it sometimes can be a lot. That means, it's harder for me to give one-liners, unless you place me in a forum called the "chatterbox" meant for spamming. I tend to lurk too, but that doesn't guarantee me to post anything. If there is something for me to say, then I will say it and it tends to be like this post I am sending right now. However, my only fear is that people will skip over my post because there is too much stuff to read. Hey, my habits die. Hard. :wacko:

No worries azuremusic. As forums here are mostly dead and there are no new topics. All members including new and old are looking for old topics to bump and reply to so don't worry about such rule violations. Atleast admin didn't stopped us from doing that so it's fine. Forums are getting heated plenty of times but the point is if you're here to spend time chatting or posting then surely go ahead and have some debate/argument. But if you're here to earn mycents and to keep account active with mycents or renew hosting etc, then just post the topics/replies and don't get into arguments no matter how many baits you get. Why i'm saying this is that earlier there was plenty of mycents which used to compensate for our wasted time on forums. But now as there is very low mycents you're going to earn from arguments/debates i don't think its worthy to waste time in debate or argument no matter how small, or big they are. Nobody here will take any objection on how much you post or etc. Keep posting and have fun on KS.

No worries azuremusic. As forums here are mostly dead and there are no new topics. All members including new and old are looking for old topics to bump and reply to so don't worry about such rule violations. Atleast admin didn't stopped us from doing that so it's fine.

Forums are getting heated plenty of times but the point is if you're here to spend time chatting or posting then surely go ahead and have some debate/argument. But if you're here to earn mycents and to keep account active with mycents or renew hosting etc, then just post the topics/replies and don't get into arguments no matter how many baits you get. Why i'm saying this is that earlier there was plenty of mycents which used to compensate for our wasted time on forums. But now as there is very low mycents you're going to earn from arguments/debates i don't think its worthy to waste time in debate or argument no matter how small, or big they are. Nobody here will take any objection on how much you post or etc.

Keep posting and have fun on KS.

so that means we can bump 4 year old topics? Posted Image

seriously though my hosting just got suspended and I need myCENTs Posted Image nothing to post in tbh.

so that means we can bump 4 year old topics? :lol:seriously though my hosting just got suspended and I need myCENTs :( nothing to post in tbh.

Well have you seen any newbie getting warned for bumping old threads ? penalized by admins ? in case of no threads if someone bumps thread to post something new then that becomes violation ? where it written so ?.

Start posting some stuff here i know how worst feeling is this when you are close to payment and want to post here but can't. So i suggest you to just start posting without thinking much about others or bumping rules which are self imposed. If admin thinks we're wrong he's free to remove our posts from those old bumped threads.

exactly. it's the mods and admins jobs to control the threads. to leave a topic open is like saying please post in the thread. even if it's 4-5 years old. in reality, people do complain about it because it's old news and news nobody searches for anymore and it's obvious that SOME people are just posting in old topics just to gain their mycents which would be considered spam. if a user is able to post in a thread that may be looked down upon, then it's not the users fault. it's the mods and admins not doing their job.speaking of spam- people you start new threads one after another which of no real value to them just to earn mycents is looked down upon as well. look at EZA. her account will be suspended soon if she keeps her spamming up. in fact, she puts "it's all about the mycents" right in the footer of every post she makes. she doesn't even care about the forum. just the mycents. people like that bring the forum down. just another example of what is looked down upon. she also has posted unapproved copyrighted content thinking she is allowed to publish other peoples work. that should have got her account suspended IMMEDIATELY. it would have in the old days but the mods and even the admins don't care about this forum anymore. it's really sad looking at this place falling to pieces.

Well have you seen any newbie getting warned for bumping old threads ? penalized by admins ? in case of no threads if someone bumps thread to post something new then that becomes violation ? where it written so ?.
Start posting some stuff here i know how worst feeling is this when you are close to payment and want to post here but can't. So i suggest you to just start posting without thinking much about others or bumping rules which are self imposed. If admin thinks we're wrong he's free to remove our posts from those old bumped threads.

Well I don't like the idea of bumping old old threads but I'm running out of options, xisto has always been a reliable host, if it comes to the point where I cannot keep the bill paid I don't know what I will do, I could try to move to a free host but I have a feeling I'd get suspended.....

I do have another host, I paid $1 for a .com domain and a year of unlimited hosting (it was a promo they were having) if it comes to the point of moving i'd probably move to that, but I'm not sure I trust them to host my files as I don't know much about them.. I couldn't pass up that $1 deal :P

Well I don't like the idea of bumping old old threads but I'm running out of options, xisto has always been a reliable host, if it comes to the point where I cannot keep the bill paid I don't know what I will do, I could try to move to a free host but I have a feeling I'd get suspended.....
I do have another host, I paid $1 for a .com domain and a year of unlimited hosting (it was a promo they were having) if it comes to the point of moving i'd probably move to that, but I'm not sure I trust them to host my files as I don't know much about them.. I couldn't pass up that $1 deal :P

Is the deal still available? $ 1.-- for a .com domain name and 1 year of hosting seems like a very good bargain and a nice offer.
Edited by Eza (see edit history)

Actually, I find it pretty hard NOT to bump up old topics. When you scroll down just 3 or 4 messages and see a post you might respond to and click on it, sometimes in some of the forums posts that high up on the list are several years old. I've done it accidentally myself numerous times, especially when I first started here and didn't realize they were out dated. I try to watch now, but still miss some sometimes anyway. It's easy done. So far I haven't got yelled at for that anyway.

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

i've made the mistake before in posting in very very old threads. sometimes a topic is so intriguing. sometimes it's ok to post in a very old thread. it's just common sense. most people who have asked a question, and that question has been answered, shouldn't be touched anymore but if someone can post in an old thread that still has knowledge and is current with todays times, by all means, nobody should be complaining.i only get irritated when someone asked a specific question about something to get an answer and see 5 years later, someone posting an answer when the guy or girl who originally asked the question is long gone and will never see the response. this irritates me a lot. but again, i have been guilty of reviving an old thread from time to time

Actually, I find it pretty hard NOT to bump up old topics. When you scroll down just 3 or 4 messages and see a post you might respond to and click on it, sometimes in some of the forums posts that high up on the list are several years old. I've done it accidentally myself numerous times, especially when I first started here and didn't realize they were out dated. I try to watch now, but still miss some sometimes anyway. It's easy done. So far I haven't got yelled at for that anyway.

Looking at the activity here and the number of threads people post. If you don't revive old threads then there is no chance you can get mycents in that week. Thanks to many newbies they bump old topics and we get something to chew on. Otherwise this forum is long dead and even if old members post threads here i doubt it'll get more than 4-5 replies. I did that last month and got only 2-3 replies. I guess no other option than waiting for threads or bumping the old threads. Looking at the way admins are ignoring us with this deadmycent (not deadmadcent :D), i feel nothing wrong at bumped topic replies, seriously i mean it.