xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

Having Yourself Frozen... Cool, but...

If this was possible, it could al;so be possible that in 1000 years the human race is non-existant, as we are getting global warming, plasces are being burnt, sunk and drenched everyhere.Also, they may speak another language, and you maybe confused.Immagine someone who knows old english from a 100 years ago, they wood have a hard time... never mind 1000 years ago.All knowlege would be lost, as the brain must stay active to keep all the information. Like if you were holding dogs and then you froze, the dogs would run away. thats what would happen to your brain.

If this was possible, it could al;so be possible that in 1000 years the human race is non-existant, as we are getting global warming, plasces are being burnt, sunk and drenched everyhere.Also, they may speak another language, and you maybe confused.Immagine someone who knows old english from a 100 years ago, they wood have a hard time... never mind 1000 years ago.

All knowlege would be lost, as the brain must stay active to keep all the information. Like if you were holding dogs and then you froze, the dogs would run away. thats what would happen to your brain.

Ooh, good points.

Thanks, i also have a few more.The freezer would have to freeze you within 6.8 seconds to make sure that you dont die while being frozen, and in that 6.8 seconds it would have to be down to -200 degrees after 3 seconds and -560 in 6.8 seconds.Plus, the electricity to run this type of thing? You would need very strong, large cables and it would have to be handled very carefully, because one jolt on a human, bang!Another thing for electricity, it has to be able to be powered in the years to come, like with T.V's they have analog currently as the free to air tv, but soon digital will kick in and analog recievers cant get the tv without a digital box, the power would have to be updated to the newest ways.Another thing on power, if the electricity dies out, your dead! The defrosting would have to be about as fast as the freezing, just a little slower, these sorts of temperatures would blow even the biggest cables that are around today.Overall: When nyou cant breathe you die, so ice all around you would kill you, your guts would explode.AND! The ice would rot away your body

lemonwonder

Another thing on power, if the electricity dies out, your dead!

As a matter of fact, this has already happened. Not that I remember his name but, the man who came up with freezing people, then froze himself died. Him and his wife were in the same 'freezer', and somehow, something happened and they got defrosted. I mean really, that sucks. The man with a dream to see the future dies in a pool of water.

I wouldn't want to do it. Imagine the shock you must go through coming out of it, if you were still alive when you were frozen. And all the above mentioned things about the future, I just couldn't imagine living in a world I don't know.

If it was possible, I think it would be intereting to be frozen when you are old and wake up 1000 years in the future, to explore the new things. We all have grown with science fiction movies and dream with a future of flying cars, teletransports, virtual reality, incredible gadgets, robots who loook like humans, no more petrol, ice melting, the rebellion of the machines... :P So it would be cool if we could just see for a while how many of these things come true. I mean, we could get frozen, waken up in 1000 years, get frozen again, waken up in another 1000 more, etc. And you can freeze your crush too although probably love and sex will change also in 1000 years. :)

This really seems like a bad idea. I mean what happens when 200 years after you go frozen your country goes to war and your blown up or something. You'll miss whatever years of your life you had left before going into the freezer. There are so many possibilites of things to go wrong say hurricanes and other natural disasters. Who says anyone will find you let alone want to open you up after 1000 years and treat you for any medical needs. The air will be new and global warming if not changed will be massive then. You might not be able to live very long in the new world. You will look really out of place maybe as well. If you remember that years ago people weren't so tall and didn't have the right technology that we have now well our species will evolve again in that time.Then again everything could go well and you'll adjust easily to the new world and you will be famous for being that 1000 something year old person. As long as a technology to extend lives doesn't pop up. It could be fun to see the new world but I'd rather pass. I'm sure I'll see it one way or another.

I'd just hate the idea if living without any of my friends and family. Sure, it'd be amazing to see so far in the future, because the human race would probably have progressed so much in that amount of time, but I don't really see the point if there's no-one to share it with.

AT times i would say to myself; being frozen for 1000 years? Cool, new technologies but...would cartoons even exist then? What about your crush? She'd be dead! There are emotional feelings that would pull you into depression. Television would probly be a thing of the past, simpsons would be full 3d and maybe even virtual. Sure you'd have like glasses with a universal operating system and 10gigabit wireless internet attached to it, but what about your good old pasttimes? People'd be robotized and cold, thered not be any feelings which you could share with someone else. Not knowing anyone around me would be sad actually. The only thing that could make it better would be to be frozen with your family and the person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with - that way you could wake up next to them! Still, i'd be damn sad if i woke up in a nuclear world with nanotechnology and there was no manual labor, the thing that would affect me would be being lonely... what do YOU think? Would you want to be frozen for 1000 years?

java tech still comming soon

I understand the whole frozen bring you back from the dead thing in the future... but I've got to say, there would be certain times that I would want it and other times where I wouldn't.If I had an incurable disease - or at least one that is by today's standards, I would consider it, because in the future I would be guessing that they might have come up with a cure, so that I could live out my live... mind you, it wouldn't really be my life anymore, because all the things I know and love would be gone.It's a really tough call... because when people are brought back from the past so to speak, they are obviouly going to seem rather primative to the people of the future (I'm talking many years into the future), but even in a short time being frozen, things would have completely changed.Just think of someone that was brought from 1960 to today... that is a huge culture shock. Things are completely different. Sure, people have lived through both times and have adapted just fine, but for a person to be taken from one to the next, without working their way through the times is a completely different story. Everything is different. The people you knew, if they are still alive are different. Everything around you is no longer what you thought it would be.And thinking that things have changed so much in less than 50 years, imaging the 1000 years you speak of. Think of bringing someone to today's world from 1000 years ago. They would have to be retought just about everything. Sure you can learn... but it's a lot easier to learn all the things a person now would know just from living it, then from being thrown in the middle of it.Another factor which kind of makes me concider it, would be if I were to die young. I'd want that life I couldn't have in this one. But not if I was disfigured badly in an accident, or with some injuries that would cause trouble upon my 'reawakening'.If I was already in my old age... and died then, I think I'd be happy knowing that I'd lived my life, and wouldn't concider the freezing. But maybe once I hit that age, I would feel differently, because I'll be looking at the subject with a full life behind me that will give me a much different perspective than the one I have now.I'd really like to be around when the first people are woken up. Though I sort of feel bad for them, because they'll be the ones with probably the least chance of survival. I would imaging that as the years go by, the technology would get better, so you'd be more successful with the whole process later on.I wonder though, what would happen to all these frozen people if something like a 'meltdown' were to occur in our societies. Like, if technology were to take a big hit, and we had to go back to a more primative way of life. Can they sustain themselves, without our help? Is someone constantly monitoring these frozen people?I did read into this whole matter a long time ago, but I've forgotten most of what I've read now. But this talk makes me want to go out and search for more on the subject again.Sorry about my ramble.... I really didn't think I'd be going on this long about it lol...

I don't really think humanity will last 1000 more years, but anyway... I disagree with some of the stuff you said... people would not be cold and robotized xD And if things like television cease to exists, this is ONLY because it bacame useless. So they invented something even better to replace it :blink: about the feeling and stuff, yeah that would be a problem :/ nobody you know would be alive (unless they got frozen too) but you can always make new friends. But can you imagine how will the world be in 1000 years? Human population grew billions and billions in a very very little time. I would hate to live in some place with 500 billion people. They would have to make colonies on mars and other planets (now that would be awesome hahahaha :wacko: )

No i would never do it. All the family and friends you knew would be gone forever. (unless the froze themselves too) But i have a perfectly good life right now and i wouldnt want to mess it up. Everything is gonna be different and you might have a hard time adapting to the new type of living. Everything you ever worked for would be gone. I dont know but i would never want to do it. What if someone messed up the system or a natural disaster like some of the other people said. then you would have missed your whole life for nothing. What if somebody never lets you out of the freezer or you get buried miles under the surface. You could be stuck in a freezer forever and not even know it. Its a really bad idea and there are so many things that could happen to you or the freezer in 100o years. Once again i would never do it.

I agree with most people here. I'd probably die of depression after finding out that my loved ones aren't around. They make life worth living after all... What good is it to be fawned over by people from the future? They'll treat you like some lab animal. Sure, they're humans... They have feelings too... But no matter how they try to uphold these "human rights", I'm pretty sure they can't help but treat you like some lab animal. It's expected since you're a living testimony of the past.I don't think it's worth it either. People should focus on making technology to improve the lives of all people. There's no use in making such a thing that only a few people will get to use. We could always leave remnants of our present so that the people of the future could learn about us. I don't think they need a living testimony. :/ Oh... let's not forget the risk factor. I wouldn't want to risk my life on something like this. I'd rather die. We all die eventually and we just have to accept it.

So you'd rather die of failure (to survive) than die trying? For some reason, that sounds amusingly ironic.But yes, I don't think that freezing someone to later be revived is a good (or practical) idea, especially since we're not even sure if it works. It's probably a good way to get the money that certain rich men would otherwise hoarde back into the hands of the public, though.