xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Laptop Battery Charger Not Working

I just bought a new battery because I thought my old one wasn't working. When I plugged in the charger it said "plugged in, not charging." I tried the new battery and it says the same thing. The battery doesn't charge it stays at 0% How can I fix this?karansng20@gmail.com

Probably you have windows vista and this is a very common problem with this os.try to uninstall and reinstall the power management using device manager. in start menu type device manager and open it. then expand the battery category and right click on the MS ACPI Copliant Control Method and select uninstall (do not remove the any other ACPI compliant driver) and then scan for hardware changes (on device manager task bar) this should fix the problem but if there was still no charging indicator , there is probably a hardware problemgoodluck

My father's laptop has the same problem. It has Windows Vista installed and the battery icon says "plugged in, not charging" (actually it says "conectado, sin cargar" because it's in Spanish...)I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ACPI driver, as Iniyila suggested, but it didn't work. I had read that recommendation somewhere else so I tried. It seems to fix the problem for lots of people but it wasn't my case.I also read in other sites that I should upgrade the BIOS, but I've also heard that doing that is highly risky, so I didn't try... The problem is that if I want to buy a new battery it costs like 190 dollars here in Uruguay, because it has to be imported I don't know from where.I hope you could suggest me some other solution, because it's quite a lot to spend on a notebook that has little more than a year.