xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Using Wifi Laptop To Browse In Mobile Phone

Please help me regarding how to connect mobile phone to internet using wifi enabled laptop?

It can be done but will entirely depend on your mobile phone but you need to provide more information.

Here are some options if:

1. Laptop is connected wireless, Mobile Phone has bluetooth:

Use your mobile phone's PC Suite and connect it to the Internet via Bluetooth. Most have, otherwise, it can be complicated.

2. Laptop is connected wireless, Mobile Phone has no bluetooth:

Use your mobile phone's PC Suite and connect it to the Internet via USB.

3. Laptop is wired and Mobile Phone is wireless.

This is the interesting part.

Set up Internet connection sharing on laptop (Hardwired to wireless). This set the laptop as a sort of wireless access point. Manually set up the mobile phone's wireless settings to match that of the laptop. (IP, Channel, SSID, Security, etc.)

That's the option I can think of. But if you provide more information, we should be able to come up. I have tried all these setup in a wireless laptop and an N73 and E63.

Here is how i managed to connect my mobile phone and laptop to internet. My phone is sony erricson and i got CD with phone manager software that allows sync, internet connection management and file manager. Check your mobile phone company provides such CD and manual. if you don't get any cd then check if there is any interfacing software available. with such interfacing software things becomes easy.

Create a new ad-hoc wireless network with your wireless network manager in your PC/Mac/whatever, then connect to the created network with your phone using Wifi. This is all assuming your phone supports Wlan, and I assume this because smartphones have wifi and you wouldn't want to browse the internet with your phone unless you have a smartphone anyway. I would suggest buying a router as well instead of using your laptop's Wifi transmitter to connect your phone to the internet. However I use the same trick to connect my N900 to the internet. I enable Wifi on my laptop and connect my phone to the ad-hoc connection.And talking about ad-hocs, Ad-hoc is a wireless computer-computer network without the use of wireless routers. The downside of this is of course that you can't use the internet on the other device when you have turned off the device that is 'hosting' the wireless network.If you didn't mean this, but how to enable internet when your phone doesn't support Wifi, then disgard this post.