xisto Community
ManifestMW2

I Hate My School

It's 30 bucks in my school and plus you get this shirt with all the people in your grade's signature on it. Not a bad deal though.

It's 30 bucks in my school and plus you get this shirt with all the people in your grade's signature on it. Not a bad deal though.

Wow, lucky. My school sells them $90 and you don't get a shirt or anything. Why do they expect us to pay sooooo much for something which you'll probably never look at and if you do, it'll be only 4 pages worth? Are they really that poor and money hungry?

That's actually a really good deal. Our yearbooks were a lot more expensive and we didn't get a T-shirt. The yearbook was really nice though.

Here in my school there is no compulsion to buy the yearbook. People buy it just only if they are leaving school etc. Price is pretty much the same like most competent school - 35$. I don't even remember asking for the money to buy one at home. lol. but during engg college i do have copies of yearbook.

30 bucks for my year book. But thats not all. We have to also buy a hymn book and a prayer book.the prefects are just to strict, we have to do hymn practice every wednesday and get detetntion for the smallest of things like not turning up for sports. Oh I hated my school for almost everything.I went to school in SOuth Africa because my parents believed that education was better there and the teachers or rather the whole school system is more stricter there and boy are they strict.THey are strict about everything, the uniforms have to be ironed, tidy and the right colors. You have toi have a summer uniform which is short grey skirts and a shirt with and open collar and a badge on the pocket. Winter Shirt which has no badge but has a collar that need a neck tie. and then you have to wear the jumper with a school badge embroided on the chest. If you decided to wear a blazer then its called No. 1's and you have to wear the long trousers and a white shirt and the school tie, and a blazer you were allowed to wear a jersy/ jumper as well under the blazer but were not allowed to remove the blazer or tie if you wore longs. So far sonds ok but then what was crap was the prefects had so much power given to them. Say for instance after school you aree walking in town going home you still were not allowed to take your blazer or neck tie off. If a prect saw you flouting the dress code, they had authority to tell you off in town or take your name down and give you a detention slip. Now In the School I was in Detention is not at all like the detention you see in American Tv were you have tosit in a locked room and read. Our detention was manual labour we had to go and weed the tennis courts, sweep the squash courts, weeed flowers, or some other demeaning jobs. And whats worse is the teachers were allowed to spank or hit you if you disrespected them or did something naughty. Generally they instilled discipline into you with a hard hand. Prefects were allowed to send you to buy them a coke from the local grocer and you cant say no or risk detention. say you were queueing for the bus as long as you were in uniform, if a Prefect came you had to let all parents and prefects and teachers on the Bus before you. Or if you were already in the bus you were not allowed to let a senior stnad while you sat unless it was too awkward to get up eg if you were in a pacvked bus at the back and the senior were at the front. Just to clarify senior according to our school was anyone the was in a grade above you or older. So if you were in Year 10 anyone in year 11 or 12 or teachers, parents, school leavers or university are considered seniors and you had to show respect to them. You could be naughty and ignore the rules but if a prefect saw you they could slap you accross the face and still be within the school laws. I know it sounds rubbish but thats the reason my parents chose the schookl cause of its strict laws and discipline. Now That Im older yes I realise that they had good intentions but trust me I hated that schbool with a passion because back then to me it was just teachers and prefects being bully.Not to mention that you were litterally forced to buy the year book because they would post them to your home address wheather you wanted it or not then you were expected to bring the money as part of the School fees for Term Three basically term three fees wewre 30 bucks more expensive than normal because they included the yearbook fee. Smart but cunning. Then there wasthe School hymn book because we would sing at assembly everyt tuesday and thursday. another 12 bucks for a silly hymn book. This on you had to pay for yourself as and when you needed a hymn book be it because you were a freshman or lkost the one you had. Prefects would literally do stop and searches for school hymn books and school ID oh my god# that just reminds me 2 bucks for a school ID Yes it was just a pice of card with your Name Surname and Class / Year I think. I dont remeber there being a photo but you were to carry this at all times so there was a stop and search policy by teachers and prefects were they would randomly check if you had school ID and a hymn book if not you had 1 week to get which ever you didnt have to avoid Detention well it wasnt even called detention it was called Friday Manual Labour. I think about it now as a good thing because all the kids from our school had a high pass rate and were renounced for being the best school and their discipline and parents love that because they know their kids are under constant surveillance hence have limited chance to get into crime and gangs. But still it doesnt chgange the fact the I hated my school for it Hitler Type Regime lol. I loved the short skirts though. watching male teachers blush if you sat without closing your legs lol

lol.. I hate to say this, but I have all 4 yearbooks from my high school. Hated the people I went to high school with, want nothing to do with them, and now 4 large blocks, door stoppers, or whatever other purpose they might serve sit in the attic collecting dust. Probably should've saved my money for better things.

60 BUCKS FOR A DAMN YEARBOOK

yeah right? thats just completely ridiculous. my mom had to pay 160 for it =( miles not have it it looks crappy anyway