xisto Community
Nameless_

What Should I Do With My Domain?

Hi. As you may or may not have noticed... my signature is no longer working, mainly due to the fact that my free host at hosthelpers changed owners and decided to delete everyones hosting thing without asking or any warning... which also made me lose half of all of my posts (3 months work all lost), as well as all the coding and stuff and everything.Mind you... I DID make a back up, but then the hard drive on my macintosh crashed, and that was when I really lost everything. :P Kinda sad. But yeah.Now, I'm using another host... (also free), and hopefully this host will last longer. I am no longer interested in making a site that needs time and effort, but I still want to make one that is interesting or something. :/ If you look now, you will only see a blank page with one advertisment and one google search form and something that goes along the lines of "Congratulations! Your account is active!" or something.So... a blog is out of question, but I still want to make something interesting and something where people will actually come a visit... once in a while? I don't know. :( What do you think my new site should be? The only thing I need is easy with no hassles.

Hi. As you may or may not have noticed... my signature is no longer working, mainly due to the fact that my free host at hosthelpers changed owners and decided to delete everyones hosting thing without asking or any warning... which also made me lose half of all of my posts (3 months work all lost), as well as all the coding and stuff and everything.
Mind you... I DID make a back up, but then the hard drive on my macintosh crashed, and that was when I really lost everything. :P Kinda sad.
But yeah.

Now, I'm using another host... (also free), and hopefully this host will last longer. I am no longer interested in making a site that needs time and effort, but I still want to make one that is interesting or something. :/ If you look now, you will only see a blank page with one advertisment and one google search form and something that goes along the lines of "Congratulations! Your account is active!" or something.

So... a blog is out of question, but I still want to make something interesting and something where people will actually come a visit... once in a while? I don't know. :(

What do you think my new site should be? The only thing I need is easy with no hassles.

Wow, that is just plain bad luck that even your backup had to be lost, sorry for you by the way... did you try getting a backup from the host or copying back your posts using Google Cache options? You might get a little and get it back somehow.

Personally, I don't have a clue what the domain name "charmainelo.com" is related to, I get a mental picture of a lizard when I say it haha. :D I remember that it used to be a personally blog kind of thing, with philosophy thing mixed to it, you should try doing that in a grander-size now, because you seem to be into philosophy. Maybe a site where many people can share their ideas. People LOVE when they can be part of a site, you can try doing that.

If you can tell what kind of "niche" that you want to get into, maybe I can give you some more ideas... :)

My cpanel couldn't be accessed after the host went down, so I couldn't get another back up. But I don't know what Google Cache is. If there's a way to get some of my latests posts, that would be great....How do you use Google Cache?Well... it was a philosophical blog thing. :P I really want to make a community site, but I don't think anyone will go to that domain, because my domain is actually my real name, and I don't think anyone would want to go to someone else's name's page as a community place, unless youre very famous, but I'm not. :/ I don't know. I even bought another domain for that kind of thing at the beginning of the year, but I haven't done anything with it yet. SO yeah. What I was thinking of... was having a really good design, like one of those web designer ones... but I don't really want it to be a web designer website, because I won't be taking orders or anything. And its not gonna be one of the web designer people's resume with a portfolio or anything, but the design is gonna be similar to it. It's just gonna be one of those sites where you can't do much with it... but once you see it, you go... Wow... that's a really smart idea for a site (like, the design and stuff).I don't know. :P Or you may have other ideas. I'm still open to anything, really. :/ But that was a vague idea of what I was thinking of doing.