xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Book Review: Html5 Designing Rich Internet Applications

One of the biggest things going on right now in the web design world is HTML5, a lot sites have either converted or about to convert to one of the most simplified languages out there. Of course, there is a lot new things HTML5 has to offer and of course a lot things either removed or giving an interesting update to be more effective in web design. In order to understand what is going on with HTML5 you best start your book collection to get a good idea what is going on in order to use HTML5 properly and quickly. The book that I am going to discuss is HTML5 Designing Rich Internet applications by Matthew David in which he covers a lot on what HTML5 has to offer including JavaScript, various AJAX libraries, and CSS. He also provides a lot code within his application examples such as forms, slideshows, CSS layouts, audio, video and more. After reading this book you will understand that HTML5 supports quite a few technologies and in fact replaces a lot of code that has been developed over the last ten years. I would have to say the most\t important sections of book include SVG support, Canvas, CSS, structuring of websites, the latest depreciated code, and of course forms themselves. I would have to say that this book is a good starting point in learning how to code for HTML5 and after that any other HTML5 books would worth looking at. Such as Programming for the Mobile Web, HTML5 Designing Rich Internet applications, and even HTML5: Up and Running.So I definitely recommend the pick up as the Latest generation of browsers, FF4, IE9, Chrome 7, Safari 5 support a good portion of HTML5 to begin building rich websites.