xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

How I Came Till Here?

Hello everyone :DLets begin from the start, I was in my high school when I was introduced to HTML which really interests me, so as usual, I started taking it seriously, I was working on designing my site like crazy but without proper knowledge and a good idea. Only thing on my mind at that time was to design a site and put google adsense on it :lol: I really was motivated seeing how people can earn so much money online using adsense. For the purpose, I think of several crazy domain names, but when I was on my way, then came my board exams, so, I got busy with them, and my dream of having my site was left in between and left as it is for another year. But, after that blackout, then came my Senior Secondary i.e. 12th standard and a bike accident. On 2nd August, 2009, everything was going to change, at around 7.30 a.m, I was with my brother and my bike enjoying the morning. But, I wasn't aware what was going to happen, a stone that was not supposed to be in between the road, was probably only waiting for me, I was driving the bike and as what was expected I tried to move out of the way, but my left leg toes was hit badly on the stone, just miscalculation of about inches, except for that no other damage was done, both bike and brother were 100% safe. Two of my finger got fractured and in one finger, bone was clearly visible. So, I got admit in the hospital, got a surgery for the first time in my entire life till now and was suggested about 1.5 month bed rest. Since, I was getting bored by only sleeping on bed, rather than preferring studying I chose to accomplish my dream of having my site. So, I began the research, first up I looked for several free web hosts but then ultimately I found Xisto, first ever site on which I came in contact with other people, earlier I wasn't using any other social networking site. So, I began with designing my site and posting here, each day learning new things. Finally, I finished with a site but wasn't having good content, and before I could manage to create content for my site, then again exams came in between of my dream, again I had to left it in between. But, this time I did got a very good experience and a lot of valuable knowledge.But, after that things started changing, Xisto was lost somewhere in between Xisto, members that were active became inactive although there are some exceptions, the site traffic got reduced to a large extent. I ultimately started finding posting difficult and started topics of my own even much difficult. So, to pass some time, I joined some ptc sites and after doing some hard wark and showing patience, I started earning good returns. Now, I am doing good with ptc sites and earning have been good ;) But, still one thing is left, having a running site of my own, so in order to achieve this, I opted for computer science and engg. rather than mechanial engg. Now, I have 4 different site ideas, but, hopefully, this time when I start again with any of them, I would like to finish it off rather than stopping in between......just needs everyone blessings and wishes..... :rolleyes:

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

wow. sorry about your accident there! that had to put a cramp in things! you right. posting has become tougher for users ever since the slow and constant decline in active members. i really feel for the old members who never banked enough credits to sustain them if an emergency occurs or if there are no more recent topics to post on. the users i REALLY feel sorry for are the new members because they don't know how things work around here and a little bit more naive in what they are getting themselves in to. i mean, they will post for 1 or two weeks, get about $3 in credit and give up because it's too hard to post when there are very few active members. who keeps this money? XISTO. there should be a fund that xisto puts in the extra mycents from a users dead account if they haven't logged in in over a year or so. this way, when an active user is unable to pay, a decision can be made about that user to see if that user is deserving of xisto to tap in to the reserve fund to help pay for that user ONCE and only ONCE. whether it be to help pay for a domain or help pay for hosting for a month. the users credit balance should go in to the negative but time will allow that user to make up for it and pay back the negative balance which will always allow the fund to retain it's money when a user is getting paid no mycents until they get their account out of the negative.it's exciting to have ideas, and so depressing when those ideas don't become realized. my suggestion is to always keep your goals and your dreams, never give up even if you have unexpected things happen in your life to prevent you from working on them from time to time. start with one idea first. your most promising idea that you will be the most motivated in. build it in to something slowly and gradually where time permits. eventually, over time, your site can sustain itself where you will have the time to start working on one of your other ideas.again, i am really sorry about hearing about your accident but i really admire you for not just sitting around doing nothing, but thinking about your dreams and how to accomplish them. you made the best out of the situation and i admire that. keep your head up, follow through with your dreams, and i am sure you will have some of the realized one day. good luck bud!

hey livepcportal, thanks for sharing us all this. it is really interesting to see you running after your dreams in spite of studying and burdens of life. and even i am sorry for your accident and happy you are ok now but i must say that accident had a good side either, it reminds you of your dreams and was the reason for achieve it again. and that support my theory, everything in life happen for a reason and have two sides good and bad ;) .now i support you that things in trap or Xisto is working so slow. and sometimes we can't find anything worthy to reply or post in. but still if you can find a way if you think hard and be active member. and i wish you luck and success in your sites, it is a big challenge now but if you put your heart in it, you can do it. and please, feel free to ask for help if you want to. i will be waiting to hear more about your projects soon :) good luck.

it's exciting to have ideas, and so depressing when those ideas don't become realized. my suggestion is to always keep your goals and your dreams, never give up even if you have unexpected things happen in your life to prevent you from working on them from time to time. start with one idea first. your most promising idea that you will be the most motivated in. build it in to something slowly and gradually where time permits. eventually, over time, your site can sustain itself where you will have the time to start working on one of your other ideas.

thanks anwii for this valuable tip, I will be getting a lot of holidays during this month due to upcoming festive season and common wealth games, so, it will be the right time to think from which idea I should begin and hopefully this time will finish it off.....

i will be waiting to hear more about your projects soon :) good luck.

of course, will soon start disclosing them, but before that have to work on them a bit and when that would be done, I will tell everyone here :)
and yeah i agree with your theory, everything happens in life for a reason ;)

Hello everyone :D
But, after that blackout, then came my Senior Secondary i.e. 12th standard and a bike accident. On 2nd August, 2009, everything was going to change, at around 7.30 a.m, I was with my brother and my bike enjoying the morning. But, I wasn't aware what was going to happen, a stone that was not supposed to be in between the road, was probably only waiting for me, I was driving the bike and as what was expected I tried to move out of the way, but my left leg toes was hit badly on the stone, just miscalculation of about inches, except for that no other damage was done, both bike and brother were 100% safe. Two of my finger got fractured and in one finger, bone was clearly visible. So, I got admit in the hospital, got a surgery for the first time in my entire life till now and was suggested about 1.5 month bed rest.;)

God is the cause of all things. So, looking back on your brush with the stone and your recount of that morning, could you also add to the list of events to include riding too fast for conditions?