xisto Community
fenixfan

Aliens: Fact Or Fiction Do Aliens Exist

That was an excellent article. It's not often that I take the time to really read long articles but I followed that one through to the end.I agree that religiously there is no reason to doubt that there are other lifeforms. Nowhere does it state that humans were the only thing here, and in fact, based on my understanding there were people here before Adam and Eve.For me, the thought that there is another planet out there somewhere teeming with life is not too hard to believe. The only problem I have is accepting what they claim the aliens look like -- green blobs with clear helmets and stuff? Come on, lol.

But this is a science forum and scientifically speaking that article is a load of bollox.To be fair to the author he is not saying that aliens actually did visit the earth, but his article is riddled with inaccuracies that a bit of research could easily have sorted out.The whole thing is just one big 'what if...' rather than a proper look at the subject.He also seems to accept the Noah Flood myth as real, which is worrying...

Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

I agree. Credibility part is missing. People come up with many such theories on hubpages or other sites. Nowhere they have given any proof for the claim they make. Just speaking like authority on subjects by random claiming and not giving proof explains side of such conspiracy theory writers. Glenn beck is also on similar thought process like OP. Create one conspiracy theory and to hide it create another and never give proof for that.

Nice article, it says quite a lot, but as it's been pointed, Credibility part is missing.I personally believe in aliens, but I don't believe that they are among us, in this age and at this time I think that any UFO's are our made or any other things you can't explain is something we still don't understand, something nature does.Imagine humans being very advanced flying to another planet, that planet would see them, it wouldn't be that you would land and go to the secret government and do something secretly, you would come with big news by landing somewhere in a bigger city or firstly even trying to contact from further.It would be something like Columbus coming to America, Columbus were more advanced and lets say he took their gold and etc. I think it's the first thing people would do to an alien civilization if humans were more advanced? If those aliens would be more advanced, humans would try to be friends and get the technology and maybe later use it against them, were could be a lot of scenarios, but most of scenarios are written in sci-fi books or even syfy movies :PTo conclude, I think that aliens exist, but I don't think they have contacted us yet.

Nice article, it says quite a lot, but as it's been pointed, Credibility part is missing.
I personally believe in aliens, but I don't believe that they are among us, in this age and at this time I think that any UFO's are our made or any other things you can't explain is something we still don't understand, something nature does.

Imagine humans being very advanced flying to another planet, that planet would see them, it wouldn't be that you would land and go to the secret government and do something secretly, you would come with big news by landing somewhere in a bigger city or firstly even trying to contact from further.

It would be something like Columbus coming to America, Columbus were more advanced and lets say he took their gold and etc. I think it's the first thing people would do to an alien civilization if humans were more advanced? If those aliens would be more advanced, humans would try to be friends and get the technology and maybe later use it against them, were could be a lot of scenarios, but most of scenarios are written in sci-fi books or even syfy movies :P

To conclude, I think that aliens exist, but I don't think they have contacted us yet.

Keep in mind that "UFO" just means "Unidentified Flying Object." As such, if you saw a bird you didn't recognize, that's a "UFO." It does not insinuate aliens; people just misinterpret it. It's a lot like Area 51. It's named Area 51 because the military sets up "zones" across the country. Area 51 is named that because it is in between Area 50 and Area 52. There is no other reason. And in terms of its "secrets," it's an air force base for testing new aircraft. Outside it you will often see stealth bombers and other cool jets flying.

Glenn beck is also on similar thought process like OP. Create one conspiracy theory and to hide it create another and never give proof for that.

Actually, I think Glenn Beck does a pretty good job of exposing conspiracies in his show. He reasearches out who owns what company/organization, who funded what and who is the head of the various organizations and their ideals and goals.
But I really don't think he's an alien, lol.

Actually, I think Glenn Beck does a pretty good job of exposing conspiracies in his show. He reasearches out who owns what company/organization, who funded what and who is the head of the various organizations and their ideals and goals. But I really don't think he's an alien, lol.

Good job ? :rolleyes:

And glenn beck exposes conspiracies or he creates one ? I mean "bring god back to america" ? LOL. yeah. I don't watch FOX for plenty of reasons. One reason being that channel is used by conservatives to spread hoax and misguide people for the sake of faith.

nah bro i believe without solid evidence there is nothing behind real aliens at most there may be lower forms of life on other planets but hardly doubt anything that would be capable of making it to earth ;) most people who say they have seen aliens also seem like there a bit crazy lol once i see an alien that lands on earth in a flying spaceship and knows a language made on earth then i'll believe :)

I believe there are aliens somewhere "outside" there. Maybe the aliens are not like the stereotypical aliens depicted by most humans but living creatures unknown to us outside our solar system. Someday, humans may discover one of these life forms or they might even discover us. People once thought that the fact that the Earth is round was a ridiculous idea. At the moment, many people probably believe that aliens are not real. In years to come, it may be that we were completely oblivious of life somewhere "out there".

I believe that given the size of the universe, you cannot bar the idea of intelligent life existing outside of Earth. Just because we haven't found any evidence doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. There are close to 125 billion galaxies in our universe. I find it hard to believe that you can make a blanket statement refuting the existence of intelligent life. Also, we seem to have some preconceived notion of what intelligent life is. Granted, if there is intelligent life, it may not resemble the aliens that we have defined, i.e. martians. In addition, their technologies might not be as advanced as we have made them out to be in movies.

Yup, aliens exist.Simple as!The complex question is "are they here, or have they ever been here?"There are now enough privately owned monitoring systems that government cover-ups dont really apply anymore. The idea of "the government knows about aliens and is lying" is out of the window. So, where are they? I dont believe they have made it here, and i certainly dont believe they are here now. First is the problem of distance and time. If we assume that traveling faster than light (FTL) is possible then it would seem that an alien race could get here within a few years (if they could go 100C or so (C means speed of light)) HOWEVER... Even if FTL travel is possible you would theoretically disintegrate. Space isnt empty, it has a smattering of small molecules and atoms, namely hydrogen and other light elements, the particles are so far apart we might as well say space is empty, but if you are going 10C through space you will hit so many hydrogen atoms at such great speed that within seconds your craft, and you, would be shredded. It would be like driving towards a hundred loaded shotguns, messy.I dont see any way around that, perhaps an IMMENSE EM field might have some effect but i severely doubt it.The only possible way to travel FTL and survive would be wormholes. Now, given that we have instruments that can detect an even hundreds of light years away we would easily detect an alien race dropping out of warp drive and opening a wormhole in our neighborhood due to the immense energy outburst it would create. Even if the government tried to cover that up someone out there would see it and we would know about it instantly. Although that doesnt stop the idea that they came here in ancient times... Since no-one would have noticed an xray or gamma ray burst back then they could have easily dropped by. I cant say they didnt but i will say that i find it unlikely.... And i certainly dont think they walk among us today, they wouldnt be able to mask themselves to look like humans, and even if they could they would fail biometric tests and have abnormal results in standard health checks as infants.

I wonder how SETI gets funds these days. They are promoting a lot of member and donation activity on it's frontpage which is unlikely SETI in earlier times. Before 2008 i didn't see much issue of their donation drives but now they need it to run the facility i guess. They have some of the best equipment on earth when it comes to geosatellites, arrays etc.

I wonder how SETI gets funds these days. They are promoting a lot of member and donation activity on it's frontpage which is unlikely SETI in earlier times. Before 2008 i didn't see much issue of their donation drives but now they need it to run the facility i guess. They have some of the best equipment on earth when it comes to geosatellites, arrays etc.

Paul Allen was a major philanthropic contributer in recent years - I think he still is...

Paul Allen was a major philanthropic contributer in recent years - I think he still is...

Yes thanks. Just got this answer from the FAQ. Looks like they are getting some funds from various sources. I guess because of BOINC community they will still get some funds somehow to keep project going.