xisto Community
Adell

What Is/are Your Homepage/s?

I just want to ask, because I really think the homepage/s tell/s a lot about a person.

Here's the first thing you see on my laptop if you open Firefox. So, I've got my Deviantart Site there, Countless - A Pokemon Roleplaying Forum (the one I purchase from Xisto), Ninpocho Chronicles - A Naruto Roleplaying Forum, my Facebook, Xisto Forums and my Yahoo! Mail.

Maybe a lot of people have Yahoo or Google as their homepage, either because that's the first thing they really go to or their lazy to change their homepage.

So...

My Deviantart Site - I just love drawing and writing, but I also want to see what people think of my art, sadly, so few comment because I'm not one of the best artists out there.

Countless - It's new, I'm running it with friends so I have to look after it, aye?

Ninpocho Chronicles - I'm Admin there, so I have to watch over it too. Too many troublemakers there.

Facebook - Hey, who doesn't want to see what's new on their Facebook? (Although I rarely update mine.)

Xisto - It's this place, yeah. I have to watch this place too or I'll soon find myself running out of credits and I don't want Countless to poof! Vanish and all that.

Yahoo! Mail - I get like 100+ emails a day on notifications from Facebook and from fanfiction.net alone, so yeah.

I have Google as my homepage but here is my Chrome startpage -

Posted Image

ThePirateBay - I download ALOT of movies,music and software, so I'm usually torrenting 24/7 in the background :D

Bing - Hmph, trying it out for the maps and stuff like that.

Bit.ly - Shortening links so i can post in twitter.

Wikipedia - Probably most used site after Google.

Flickr - upload photos to my picture album.

Twitter- don't use it that much but chrome just ranks it there :P

PsDeluxe - My last closed tab lol.

my home page is always and always GOOGLE. now i use opera browser, and in the speed dial i have the sites i open everyday. here is how my opera speed dial looks like.

Posted Image

- my site, i mean my blog.

- my portfolio, is been added a few days ago, really great feeling to have many sites to check them out :).

- Xisto, i am addicted on the forum you know ;) .

- facebook, my favorite second place of course.

- google translate page, i use it a lot :blush: .

- google, in case i was lazy to click on home icon.

and yahoo mail, i have two yahoo accounts and received a lot of messages daily. and mostly i open it to check if there is something important, and sign out without deleting the messages :P.

I don't use a speed dial on my browser so my only homepage would have to be swagbucks.com . It's a search engine just like Google that rewards you with points (SB) randomly when you search that you can redeem for prizes like $5 Paypal.IF I had a speed dial, my other pages would probably be:Facebook - I always have this tab open.Xisto - Woooot! :)NeoBux - A PTC that I useOnBux - Another PTC that I useMail.com - I have an email registered hereGMail - I have an email registered hereGaia Online - I come on here occasionally

Gaia Online - I come on here occasionally

D: Gaia = Hate

They banned me and accused me for being a bot, that's why I usually tell people that "I am a living and breathing human being" and they banned me after I just payed some dollars for the stuff there (which is very expensive because my 50 of my currency is equal to one US dollar), but this is not a rant thread on how I hate Gaia

Not to mention there are a lot of lurking perverts there.

Again, not a rant thread about Gaia Online and its hidden evils so I'll shut up about that.

@deadmad
Bit.ly is for making long urls shorter? Cool, I've been looking for something like that.

@webdesigner
You use the Google Translator for studies?

@webdesignerYou use the Google Translator for studies?

no, i just use it in case i don't get the meaning of a word here or there. and it is the fastest way i know :). and if you checked my profile you will know that i am not a native english speaker, english is my second language. but between it is not helpful when others start using american accent, then i should google words and google's translation not useful at all :P.
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

I don't use any homepage at all. I'm accessing the internet with my GPRS these days and that makes it hard for me to play within bandwidth range. So no homepage not even google. If i were to use any homepage i'll choose forum or some feedreader to keep track of blogs and sites.

no, i just use it in case i don't get the meaning of a word here or there. and it is the fastest way i know :). and if you checked my profile you will know that i am not a native english speaker, english is my second language. but between it is not helpful when others start using american accent, then i should google words and google's translation not useful at all :P.

Oh, I see. I'm not a native English speaker too and it's also my second language. ^_^ The fastest way I learned is to write stories and/or roleplay. It isn't too obvious now that my English was bad, compared to back then - at least when it comes to writing. I stumble when I speak English (although I stumble when speaking my native language too xD I don't speak a lot).

I don't use any homepage at all. I'm accessing the internet with my GPRS these days and that makes it hard for me to play within bandwidth range. So no homepage not even google. If i were to use any homepage i'll choose forum or some feedreader to keep track of blogs and sites.

That's a bummer. D: GPRS is that slow?

Looks like nobody else is about to post their homepages xD We're about the only ones active here.

i'm using opera and the home page is google.com and these are my speed dials :1.
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=
https://mail.google.com/mail/
. mail.yahoo.com3. http://www1.excite.com/security/0,17167,,00.html. http://forums.xisto.com/ (added 3 days ago :D)5. youtube6. facebook7. twitter8. wikipedia9 is empty :D

I use google for my home page, and I think that using google is best for me. Most of the time that I come online, I am not going directly to a website, but rather searching something. I am doing some sort of research, or trying to find something on wikipedia. If not that, I am trying to find alternative new sources or something along the line of that. So it makes sense for me to have google as my home page. There was a report released that said that most people use google to get to websites, even if they know the address of the website. Instead of typing into the address bar, they type it into google. I found that very interesting, because I am an avid user of google and I am sure that just about everyone else is an avid user of google also. I thought about putting CNN as my homepage because I am also an avid reader of news, but I can always just type CNN in because I use google more then CNN anyway. I may go to CNN three or four times a day, but I go to google at least fifty or sixty times a day, if not more.

Ok, for starters I didn't know you could have more than one homepage. You guys never cease to amaze me. How can you have so many, my internet browser, Explorer just has the one little house icon for a single home page? Anyway, my home page is hotmail, my email account because I check my email so often during the day its always the place I need to go first. I do an awful lot of emails. Of course, I have my favorites list too, where everything else I check out is listed, like good old Xisto.

Mine's always Google as that's the site I use the most. Other things (like email or whatever) I usually start typing and let autocomplete finish it, as it's quicker than going through favorites.

I have used Chrome Mostly as I think it is more fast than any other browsers.

For the homepage. I will prefer only and only the Google and in Tabs I will use Gmail, Facebook & Zynga :P . As when I start my PC firstly I need to check my accounts on Gmail and Facebook. Also I love to play Farm Ville 2, So I will open Zynga too to play for once in a day.. :)