xisto Community
Ash-Bash

My Community Edited Tech Blog

Hello there,

After many years of playing around with all my websites I have decided to stick with a Tech Blog. The tech blog is named

"DigitalWink"
and is a group edited world wide blog that gets on average 3,000 hits a day.

We are looking for more Authors so if you would like to apply please click here.

Please check out the blog here

Thanks for your time and please post any suggestions here.

-Ash
Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Hello there,
After many years of playing around with all my websites I have decided to stick with a Tech Blog. The tech blog is named "DigitalWink" and is a group edited world wide blog that gets on average 3,000 hits a day.

We are looking for more Authors so if you would like to apply please click here.

Please check out the blog here

Thanks for your time and please post any suggestions here.

-Ash

I've never seen so many advertisements on one page in my life. It ended up turning me away when I realized just how many there were.

Ash,Few things i would like to tell you. First thing is about URL's. The current URL structure will not attract what you call 3k visitors from search engines. You need to change URL structure to something better. You can have "/month/postname/" or "/postname" etc. Avoid current URL structure that you are running. I guess you are yet to tweak the blog. I don't know how blog like this can fetch 3k per day. It's far fetched claim in my opinion. Work on SEO and design of your site and i am sure you will reach 3k slowly but surely. Do these changes and come back so that we can see how it looks. Also do web page analysis for speed- tags etc. Do this and we'll see if it needs more tweaks.

We are reaching 3,000 visitors most days however it is going down day by day. I do think the ads have part of driving members away I may reduce them and however still have enough to earn money and maybe tell people if they become a member your ads remove for free.I have sorted out the URL's it will now be something like "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; The SEO I sorted out the other day and am waiting for Google to update us on the DigitalWink search result. What I could do I remove the ads from the posts on the front page and leave a sidebar and then make them display on the full posts, or I could try and get a plugin to remove them once you are signed inAny ideas on the ads?

Your blog is currently under construction. Update this thread when you take it online again. Good to hear about the new URL structure. Keep it up-waiting for your new update.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..! This was the idea I precisely had for making a website (except that mine is from scratch instead of a pre-built, less customizable, ad-filled website. Oh well, guess I'll have to think of a Plan C for my website's purpose (while that should be the first decision of any web developer, it seems to be my last).

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..! This was the idea I precisely had for making a website (except that mine is from scratch instead of a pre-built, less customizable, ad-filled website. Oh well, guess I'll have to think of a Plan C for my website's purpose (while that should be the first decision of any web developer, it seems to be my last).

Don't let their site hold you back. You could still do the same thing and either

a) take it in a different direction

or

B) compete with them

There are millions of sites in competition with one another, so it's nothing new. The chances of you coming up with something truly unique are so low it is not even worth beating yourself up over it

The blog is now back up online, I am sorry for it being down there was a major cache error that was only showing parts of the theme however all has been fixed and we are up and running once again. Please give me more feedback and suggestions you guys may have & if you want to become an author.

Okay. Here let me review again. Theme is not unique considering you are claiming 3000 visitors daily. Twitter widget never helps build visitors in fact it takes that away from you. You should remove the widget instead just put your twitter id image link on site. You want your visitors to go to twitter instead ? think about it.You didn't edited the URL's as well. still i see the "/p=97?" type of URLs. You should take a look at that again. Chane it to "/month/postname". If that suits you. I think month wise sorting is good that year+month on url. Hope this helps.

Okay. Here let me review again. Theme is not unique considering you are claiming 3000 visitors daily. Twitter widget never helps build visitors in fact it takes that away from you. You should remove the widget instead just put your twitter id image link on site. You want your visitors to go to twitter instead ? think about it.
You didn't edited the URL's as well. still i see the "/p=97?" type of URLs. You should take a look at that again. Chane it to "/month/postname". If that suits you. I think month wise sorting is good that year+month on url. Hope this helps.

You seem to have lost me with this post. What does the amount of visitors have to do with the theme being unique? Were you stating that:

a) The theme couldn't be unique because there are only 3,000 visitors

or

B) The theme isn't unique and that's why there are only 3,000 visitors?

That lost me because I don't think the theme really matters as much as the information. I wouldn't really care if 50 websites looked the same; I am more interested in what I am learning from the information.

What does the amount of visitors have to do with the theme being unique?

Okay we'll have some analysis on this one. Ash's blog is in technology niche. So i ask you to take a look at top 500 tech blogs and tell me if the designed theme is common among all the blogs or atleast 10-20 of them. Plus if they are bringing visitors participation or purchase to the site then designs like this one helps or breaks ?Techies do pay attention to design and rarely accept sites with free wordpress theme design. i say rare. i don't know if there is any free theme blog is topping top 500 range. Human visitors who actively participate on website pay attention to design, content, etc.

Otherwise you can have some content-video, download item etc with simple html page and can have 1 milion visitors. Plus there are some static websites which don't accept participation on main content do generate more than 1 million visits a day. But when it comes to participation or dynamic content sites then design and SEO plays a huge role. It's not just information.

I'm not fan of upselling and scarcity. But with such URL and design if anyone set out to claim that they fetch 3k visitors with such content, widgets then that is pure dishonesty. I'm not saying lie because we are in gray area when it comes to web.

Okay. Here let me review again. Theme is not unique considering you are claiming 3000 visitors daily. Twitter widget never helps build visitors in fact it takes that away from you. You should remove the widget instead just put your twitter id image link on site. You want your visitors to go to twitter instead ? think about it.

You didn't edited the URL's as well. still i see the "/p=97?" type of URLs. You should take a look at that again. Chane it to "/month/postname". If that suits you. I think month wise sorting is good that year+month on url. Hope this helps.

The theme is unique I have been researching around 'if you will' and have not seen ANY tech blogs use a theme like this they just seem to use a boring plain white theme.

The URL's are having a problem changing, When I get the time I am going to install a plugin to update all the posts to the new URL ending. This has been added onto my 'todo' list.

Again onto the theme if you think it is a little 'offputting' then please suggest a fresh new one for us to try out for a week or two to see how it goes.

Now you are saying it is dishonesty?!?!

Stats Explained, As you can see at the start not even getting 100 however after buying some adwords that go us kicked up in the ranks! Now most recently you can see there isn't many, this was because of the maintenance and no users where logged on that day apart from 3 hours before it went online.

Posted Image

The theme is unique I have been researching around 'if you will' and have not seen ANY tech blogs use a theme like this they just seem to use a boring plain white theme.

Yes. this free wordpress which is found on many other small blogs is UNIQUE. I wasted my time. duh.

The URL's are having a problem changing, When I get the time I am going to install a plugin to update all the posts to the new URL ending. This has been added onto my 'todo' list.

URL's can be changed with settings tab in wordpress. You need to update .htaccess after this.

Again onto the theme if you think it is a little 'offputting' then please suggest a fresh new one for us to try out for a week or two to see how it goes.

You have option like thematic framework, thesis and revolution framework.

Now you are saying it is dishonesty?!?!
Stats Explained, As you can see at the start not even getting 100 however after buying some adwords that go us kicked up in the ranks! Now most recently you can see there isn't many, this was because of the maintenance and no users where logged on that day apart from 3 hours before it went online.

Ah so you are going to show me "page views for visitor count ? single visitor can browse through 100s of same site which takes it to count of page impressions aka page views. Honesty ya know. Adwords has nothing to do with ranks in SE. It only buys the PAID traffic of which surge dies when you run out of funds.

Yes. this free wordpress which is found on many other small blogs is UNIQUE. I wasted my time. duh.

URL's can be changed with settings tab in wordpress. You need to update .htaccess after this.

You have option like thematic framework, thesis and revolution framework.

Ah so you are going to show me "page views for visitor count ? single visitor can browse through 100s of same site which takes it to count of page impressions aka page views. Honesty ya know. Adwords has nothing to do with ranks in SE. It only buys the PAID traffic of which surge dies when you run out of funds.

Yes I have tried this and even a plugin however I am getting 404 errors which is really annoying the hell out of me!
I had adwords for about 3 days and we are still getting 3,000 views...

Edit:-

URLS are now working under "%postname%" which is apparently good for the search engines.

Hi,I have checked out your website and seem to direct me to something about Prophet Muhammad! lol. It looks like it was hacked. Is that your website now?To verify about the number of pageviews...please consider using Google analytics. I've used ol all my sites and its an amazing piece of software mate.If you're going to run a site with loads of user submitted content..then consider having a strong security mechanism and support team. otherwise you'll lose the support of even your most dedicated of readers.