xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
smithmary

Thanks For Having This Forum On The Internet hi

hey hi...thanks for appreciating this place..it feels good to be a part of this place..people are nice and helpful..and the forum is most of the time active with new ideas and better things coming up here

hi smithmary, welcome here and glade you like our forums, it is really a great place to share and introduce your ideas and opinions. and as chini said,members are very helpful. so i am sure you will have a great time here.p.s:try to post in introduction category to talk a little about yourself and let members to welcome you, have fun.

Welcome aboard Marysmith! Your absolutly correct, nobody here at Xisto is lacking in substance! (ok, maybe a few have some substance abuse problems..... :blink: ) Just kidding. I've certainly got my share of substance, I could really stand to loose a few pounds, but I do like my groceries. Well, ok, maybe that's not the kind of substance your talking about, but I'm just rattling on being silly. So, tell us a little more about yourself, and again, welcome!

Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of forums on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your forum. Thanks

What is ment by this phrase?
Does it mean that there are a lot of topics available on the Xisto?
Or does it mean that a lot of users upload posts that have a content with a sincere meaning?
An attempt to explain the difference between other forums and this forum will be appreciated.

It is a straight forward question what is ment in the post. it is not clear to me what is ment by substance. it seams other forums have substance too. other forums have topics, posts, questions and replies. in other forums people ask advice. and other people give advice. or they give their opinion. so it is not obvious at once what is ment with the remark and the words± lack of substance.

the only thing that can be thought just now that can be ment is that in other forums people say lot of things that are off topic. this happens not that much in Xisto. but it is not clear that that is ment in this topic start.

so the idea is like this. there is a topic start. and that topic start is on this forum. some words in that topic start are not completely clear. so the reaction is a post with a question and the remark, that it will be appreciated when the words put in the topic start are explained.

it doesn´t seem like a way to tell other people how to post when a simple question in order to get clear what is ment is asked.

Edited by inea (see edit history)

I am liking this site a lot. Though I have to wonder.. why so many old posts just don't get archived. I don't mind, but responding to a post from 2007 or whatever.. and sometimes I don't look to see when it was posted.. I mean, in a way it's pretty cool - continue a conversation no matter what year it is or how many years it takes, but on the other hand, it's an old issue that is probably no longer a thought.