xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
inea

A Free Website And Getting Deleted [resolved] What happens next?

Suppose a member of the forum posts and posts. So after some time the user earns enough MyCents and My$$s to order a free website. But maybe the member likes to order some more. So the enthousiastic member keeps on with posting and posting. Now suppose the moderators don't appreciate the enthousiasm of the heavy posting user. And the account of the user gets deleted. What happens with the MyCents? What happens with the amount of $ the user earnt? And especialley, gets the new earnt free website lost too?

Im not a mod or admin but here goes...If the user posts spam and gets their posts deleted the MyCents they earn are also deleted. It isnt real money, it is merely a number in a database so they just get deleted. They dont go anywhere, they just go away.If that user subsequently gets banned from the forums then i believe their hosting is still valid however since they are no longer able to earn Cents to pay for it in the future they will have to use real money.

I'm not MOD or official Xisto person to answer this but here is my two cents. If you spam too much then you get warning first because of which you get negative mycents and that burden takes more than 100 posts or so get over. With new mycents update expect this count at higher number. Though mods and admin can turn your negative number into positive. So you never know if you honestly post without spam. If they find your account with spam and copied post then your xisto billing account is likely to be terminated. Mycents are lost too. If you don't bump old topic, don't copy posts and troll or spam arround then there should be no problem. Related post in the bottom or in the navigation is not for replying everytime. Some threads deserves to be dead and are not supposed to be bumped. Like this there are some other forum etiquette which you need to look for. What you're posting right now if fine and you don't have to worry about. Just avoid repeating what previous poster is saying for you and avoid un-necessary old topics. I think that will settle your questions.

You may be enthusiastic to make more posts (you can't make more than 50 per day anyway) but you should make sure that in that enthusiastic state you are not ruining the experience for everyone by making spam posts or posts that don't make complete sense. Bumping old topics is considered an offense too and is not taken lightly for a while. So remember these points when you're posting and you'll be fine.

As for Xisto, once your myCENT reaches there, it won't be taken back, but you will get negative myCENTs in the forum instead of the money being deducted from the Xisto account.

In response to inia, Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting are two different entities. They are technically within the same network, but someone's account being banned from Xisto for posting spam is not likely to result in an individual's account being banned at Xisto - Web Hosting at they are willing to pay cash to keep hosting. You will lose the privilege to use the MyCento System, but it is likely that you will still be able to pay money for your hosting account. Unless you are doing something major such as a DOS attack on Xisto, which is hosted by Xisto - Web Hosting, you should be fine. And even if you spam and are not allowed to pay to keep your hosting account, you could always pay for reliable hosting elsewhere for the same or a lower price. You should ensure that you regularly backup your account.

Edited by Harlot (see edit history)

@inea -- as long as you aren't spamming there is nothing to worry about. And in terms of what happens if you get banned for spamming, I would assume that your hosting and earned money would be removed as it wasn't legitimately earned (thus stolen) in the first place.

This responses and the information in the help sections and in the descriptions don't really make it clear if a website remains online. it is not clear if a website depends of what happens here in the forum or not.

This responses and the information in the help sections and in the descriptions don't really make it clear if a website remains online. it is not clear if a website depends of what happens here in the forum or not.

It does. Unless you are paying for it in cash. Why would they allow you to keep a free website if you aren't even following the rules? The website is your reward for *following rules*, not for doing as you please.

If you are paying by cash then you don't have to worry about that (nor do you need to post). And that's because the rule you have to follow is to pay on time.

I don't know what else you're looking for. It's common sense.