xisto Community
inea

Bad Image Can you remove the bad image please?

It is an orange, and why is it bad?It is a little weird but there is no reason for it to be removed.

It looks bad and it is freigthning. It makes me afraid. And it is not user friendly to have an image on the first page that annoys people and gives them a bad mood.

It looks bad and it is freigthning. It makes me afraid. And it is not user friendly to have an image on the first page that annoys people and gives them a bad mood.

I think the orange with the creepy face is from a youtube video "series". I imagine you can just upload a couple of images yourself to the gallery and it will replace the orange if it bothers you. There doesn't seem to be any rules as to what goes in the gallery (but there probably should be).

then frankly you need to toughen up...I dont see the point of the gallery thing to be honest but if an image like that scares you then the internet is not the place for you to be im afraid.

I think the orange with the creepy face is from a youtube video "series". I imagine you can just upload a couple of images yourself to the gallery and it will replace the orange if it bothers you. There doesn't seem to be any rules as to what goes in the gallery (but there probably should be).

Thanks for the advice. Uploading 3 pictures removed the picture with the photoshopped orange from the main page of the forum. A personal opinion is that the main page looks much more friendly and inviting now.

Whoops my finger slipped...:DThe image appears to have returned...Im fighting censorship based on the minority here for a valid reason!

There is nothing wrong with the image. It doesn't violate our ToS and is far from "scary" or "frightening". It's an orange with eyes and a mouth. Nothing more. It doesn't make the home page more or less inviting. If you don't like the image you can block it from being displayed via a browser function. There is no reason for the staff to remove it.

Don't get me wrong but that gallery on top takes too much time for dial-up users to download. This is the reason it should be at the bottom or there should be option for users to disable it if they are logged on. I don't know if this option exist in IPB. But it is annoying to see the gallery many times. Reason for my annoyance is that i'm using dialup and GPRS. No offense to any image poster.

now this user is spamming the image galleries with images. this is just WRONG. i hope this user get warned soon because this users on line posts and spam are getting way out of hand!

If the gallery is going to exist, I think there should be some rules regarding what goes into it. Things uploaded to the gallery should be something that a member made, example: a banner/signature, drawings or an artistic photo taken by the member. A show case for the talents of the members. It was being used for this, but some it degraded into images of schematics, pictures of computer and fruits. I don't think what INEA is doing is wrong, because there are no rules, it's a free-for-all. It shouldn't be this way, but until OpaQue makes the rules, I'd say nobody's doing anything wrong.

It's alright kids, the "pompkin" is more frightened of you than you are of it :D Inea, you did a pretty bad job of posting images to block the orange... just google searched for a computer and a dragon :P Well, it looks crappier now than before if you ask me. I hope these things get removed...

Haha can't believe I never found this thread before :lol:

uh oh... didn't see rob's post -

If the gallery is going to exist, I think there should be some rules regarding what goes into it. Things uploaded to the gallery should be something that a member made, example: a banner/signature, drawings or an artistic photo taken by the member. A show case for the talents of the members. It was being used for this, but some it degraded into images of schematics, pictures of computer and fruits. I don't think what INEA is doing is wrong, because there are no rules, it's a free-for-all. It shouldn't be this way, but until OpaQue makes the rules, I'd say nobody's doing anything wrong.

True, there are no rules on this but the only thing I uploaded was some stuff that I made and some internet characters... that doesn't even come close to what inea did... Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

i agree with rob. there should be rules. i disagree however about anea. that user is 100% wrong. that user is spamming the same images in the image gallery and this user has had nothing beneficial to offer this forum as of yet with 1 line post. and who gets frightened about an orange for gosh sakes? if you ask me, this user freaks me out more than the orange. rob- there is absolutely no substitute for common sense. rules or no rules. i wouldn't go so far as to say that it has to be something someone created themselves, but copyrights should definately apply. i was against having this image gallery at the top of the main forum to begin with. now the forum is looking more unprofessional than it already did thanks to the NEWBIE! i am actually beginning to like bikerman. he may talk a lot of crap, but at least it's not spam. i hope opaque gets his personal affairs in order soon so we can concentrate on this forum more with ideas and suggestions.

Inea stop being a douche. (i cant use the terminology i would like to so i have to use American insults... my life is at an all time low.)I re-uploaded the image that your childish little brain is afraid of and i will continue to upload it to combat your censorship.You have a problem? Then talk big man... I would ask the mods to intervene but he hasnt broken the TOS either, yet....