xisto Community
inea

Accusation Of Spam Completely not understood accusation

Some people accuse other members of the forum of spamming. It is obvious that to get enough posts that seem to be needed to get a free domain and a free website very fast and in a short amount of time it is necessary to post a lot. Since it seems there are not a lot of people who react on this forum after some time a lot of topics are covered with the reactions of the same user. And to be able to post again it might seem a good idea to react on old topics. A seperate topic about the different opinions and the advantages and the disadvantages of old topics is opened. The system and the website of the Xisto offer a window with Similar topics. But it seems wise to not react on these topics. The reason why these topics appear is a bit unclear then.

Edited by inea (see edit history)

Some people accuse other members of the forum of scamming.

Judging by what you're talking about, I bet you mean spamming. Spamming means posting a lot of short posts; scamming is an act of fraud in order to get something out of other people - two very different things... And I don't think anyone can accuse a person of spamming. Scamming, yes, someone could accuse a person of doing scams - spamming? No.

Judging by what you're talking about, I bet you mean spamming. Spamming means posting a lot of short posts; scamming is an act of fraud in order to get something out of other people - two very different things... And I don't think anyone can accuse a person of spamming. Scamming, yes, someone could accuse a person of doing scams - spamming? No.

He posted that in response to what has been going on. Let me elaborate:

1) He makes meaningless/worthless posts

2) He edits almost every post he makes hours later

3) He asked if he could delete his topics and keep his mycents

4) He asked if he will lose his website if he gets banned from the forums for spamming

5) He asked over and over again, despite us telling him yes. Because he doesn't see why one would lose their site for being banned (common sense?)

6) He continues making post after post about worthless things

7) He then goes through and continues editing all of his posts and deleting some

See a pattern here?

Yup, I can see a pattern with that information. But I do have to agree with him a little bit, it is hard (for me anyway) to make enough posts to keep up my web hosting. And is it just me, or are the mycents now harder to earn than they were before all the big changes? Some nights I feel like I've typed my fingers to the bone and I only make $1?

And is it just me, or are the mycents now harder to earn than they were before all the big changes? Some nights I feel like I've typed my fingers to the bone and I only make $1?

It is not just you,sheepdog. I raised this point in mycent topic before and had huge debates with others. Mycent is harder to earn now and it's not what doing opaque posted about. We are not getting rewarded for posting wikipedia or credible site links or when people add reputation points. It's not just happening what he said in update. You can guess why mycents are earning low and why opaque and admins are less active here. By stetting mycents to low, spam decreases which makes it easy for them to be less active while our activity increases. Besides that opaque assigned top posters extra mycent per post( if that is what i got nottified in mycent thread) so our earning and some other posters earning who are top poster will differ and they will disagree when you claim about low earning per post. New mycents is screwed, anyway this is same old rant and people rarely believe what we say on that. So if you are getting less mycents then there is no way to earn more mycent than posting more.

Yup inea is a spammer :)

spam spam spam. that's all you do inea. Perhaps one or two of your posts have got replies, the others all contain replies that say "stop spamming inea" or something to that effect.

Let me explain why i think you spam...

You post posts that make no sense and have no way for me to reply such as:

Note: not actually a post by Inea, just an example....

Reasons for the flying pig.

The flying pig was caused by extreme randomness. Some people say chicken goat donkey, others say peanut cabbage dog but one of the main reasons for the flying pig is a catapult.

END

How the hell am i supposed to reply to that?

I cant, since the entire two reasons for engaging on a forum are:

1) To provoke debate or engage in debate/discussion

2) to share knowledge

Your posts do neither!!!!

Hence the only other reason for you to post is to get cents. Since i explained to you many times how the cent system works you can see that your approach really wont work. Let me say this again.

INEA, listen... you will not get many cents by making lots of new posts. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

/rant

PS this entire site has gone downhill in the last year or so to be honest.

The best form of protest is to organize a mass boycott. Get a few hundred users, or even just 50+ active members to avoid the site completely for 7 days.

Or every single disgruntled member starts a brand new topic each in the suggestions forum.

Or send opaque and Buffallo PMs

Tell every new member the site is awful and propose an alternative...

So many ways ;)

The myCENTS are definitely harder to earn now. Posting the same way I was previously I now get an average of between 8-10 cents each. A few months ago before I left again I was getting an average of 28-34 cents a post. So it's decreased by a huge amount.Also, Inea seems to be trying to clear up his spam. His posts are getting better but still aren't there yet. He's still posting about things that you read and are left wondering what you just read (for example, his thread about how to repair computers).

Well, at least it's not just me, that makes me feel somwhat better. I'm not sure how I can post much more, the board has been pretty slow this summer,as far as new posts, not much to respond to and the only think going on in my life right now is the fight against Propositon B and I'm sure people on the other side of the planet could give a rat's hind end about that, so I just don't have much to talk about. Also, I've noticed the past few days the forums have been loading REALLY slow. Every place else I go now loads like lightening with the new computer, but it takes forever for the posts to show here. So, between low my cents and the amount of time it takes just to make a few posts, it's getting to be a real pain.

Well, at least it's not just me, that makes me feel somwhat better. I'm not sure how I can post much more, the board has been pretty slow this summer,as far as new posts, not much to respond to and the only think going on in my life right now is the fight against Propositon B and I'm sure people on the other side of the planet could give a rat's hind end about that, so I just don't have much to talk about.
Also, I've noticed the past few days the forums have been loading REALLY slow. Every place else I go now loads like lightening with the new computer, but it takes forever for the posts to show here. So, between low my cents and the amount of time it takes just to make a few posts, it's getting to be a real pain.

I have also been having issues from time to time with loading (although it's very rare). And regarding the number of posts, yesterday from 10:18 AM my time until 9 PM my time there was only one new post on the forums, lol.

Well, at least it's not just me, that makes me feel somwhat better. I'm not sure how I can post much more, the board has been pretty slow this summer,as far as new posts, not much to respond to and the only think going on in my life right now is the fight against Propositon B and I'm sure people on the other side of the planet could give a rat's hind end about that, so I just don't have much to talk about.

Also, I've noticed the past few days the forums have been loading REALLY slow. Every place else I go now loads like lightening with the new computer, but it takes forever for the posts to show here. So, between low my cents and the amount of time it takes just to make a few posts, it's getting to be a real pain.

off topic big time:

try firefox.

and use only 1 window with 1 open tab to browse.

Edited by inea (see edit history)

The best form of protest is to organize a mass boycott. Get a few hundred users, or even just 50+ active members to avoid the site completely for 7 days.

Or every single disgruntled member starts a brand new topic each in the suggestions forum.

Or send opaque and Buffallo PMs

Tell every new member the site is awful and propose an alternative...

So many ways ;)

i can understand this whole boycott thing, but leaving the site wont work because too many people depend on their hosting. BUT! having each member post on long post in why they think this forum has gone downhill and what we, the mods, and admins can do to save this forum, might work as long as we all ONLY post our rants, raves, and suggestions. that way, we can collect our mycents, and there would be absolutely NO CHOICE but to be heard. new users would see what all the newest topics are about, and it will force the admins to start playing a more active role in their positions, or it would at least force opaque to put trust in another admin who can fullfill that position alot better than buffalohelp, and recruit new mods who actually log in every day. times are changing and this forum needs to change with the times. i would be up to help organize that. what i wont be up for is telling new users to go somewhere else or, stop posting for a week. things like that wouldn't help the forum in the long run. or even as something small as getting the top 20 active people to have the same status message at the same time. that could be a start and see how THAT goes first since status messages appear on the main page where it would be hard for anyone to ignore.

RPG is whining again. i have noticed this is all he does now. whine whine whine about inea. even when i have noticed inea's posts having more substance, RPG is still whining like a little 2 year old girl who isn't getting enough attention. inea made an absolutely GREAT realization in the thread she created. it is VERY hard for new users who don't start off with any mycents, to collect mycents without spamming or bringing up old topics because the older members don't care to log in anymore and comment. there is only so many topics one can start and only so many current threads to reply to. rpg is whining because rpg doesn't understand inea's point of view. inea may spam a lot still, BUT at the same time, inea has talked about more quality stuff since she has been a member than RPG has. so who is right and who is wrong? maybe we should start bashing rpg for being a whiny little girl who doesn't even post anymore. except to whine about inea. personally, i am offended that rpg is collecting mycents for bashing new users rather than helping them. yea, i may have been tough on inea, but i still had a purpose. my purpose was not to report every single post inea makes like RPG, but to take a stand, be firm, be blunt, and offer solutions so inea can be a more productive user. so this bashing new users CONSTANTLY is just pure childish. the only point RPG is making is that he himself is a whiner and a complainer and has absolutely nothing better to do than to discourage new users.

so my point is, to all those inea bashers.....ESPECIALLY the role playing game kid, if you don't see inea's posts as improving, then you all are blind. if you DO see them improving and still feel like bashing inea, then you all are just mean because i personally can critisize someone for an improvement, unlike others. so my suggestion to everyone....especially the whiner who has nothing better to do, is to open your eyes, and be a little more fair in your criticisms and accusations. it would also be nice if people got to know new users a little better before they start making them feel bad CONSTANTLY. i mean, inea has given everyone something to talk about right now. if it wasn't for inea, who would we leave the quality posts to? RPG the whiner? i would have to shoot myself if i had to rely on him. BUT we all can rely on eachother and if people have a personal problem with a user, the shoot that user a pm. if the user is too stubborn to see the error of their ways, then find other alternatives. shoot the admins a pm or try to get their attention in the suggestions thread. if that doesn't work, heck.....then bash the new users and hope you don't get a warning. it's not like rpg cares anymore around here. if he does, he has a funny way of showing it.

he likes to compare himself to me and how i complain and whine all the time. i RARELY complain or whine about members. when i complain, it's about the mods or admins who have a greater responsibility and who should be able to live up to the higher standards they accept for themselves when the accept the position of mod or admin. so i am NOTHING like rpg. he even went so far as to get every single member against inea in an open discussion thread! that is WRONG! even buffalohelp tried to compare me to him. i suspended sky's account because sky was bashing me without reason constantly. buffalohelp suspended MY account because i told him he was self righteous ONE TIME. i shot sky two pm's to try to understand him and see if we can work out a solution. i didn't give him any official warning but told him the consequences if he wanted to continue. i tried my best NOT to suspend a users account because anyone who knows me knows i hate doing that. sky just had a back week or month. that is all it was. but buffalohelp shot me no pm, he REFUSES to even talk to me in pm, he gave no warning, just a straight ban and threated me that my account will stay suspended until i shape up because i called him "self righteous". so he tried to compare me to him in an open discussion which was funny because i am not like him either nor like any other mod he has ever seen. what happened after buffalo suspended my account? opaque unsuspended it the next day. what makes this action interesting is opaque has NEVER stepped in discredit or go against another mods decision or buffalohelps decision. this was the very first time i ever saw opaque overturn buffalohelp's selfish actions against me. what does that say? it says buffalohelp was WRONG and it just proved my point that buffalohelp IS self absorbed and self righteous.

i may not have the best rep, but it's only because i am not afraid to voice my own opinion around here. when i was mod, i fought for mods rights that buffalohelp took away. when i am a member, i fight for members rights. when i see two members going at it, i will try to either be objective and state my opinions for both sides, or make a clear cut decision to support what i feel is right and support one member over the other. kinda like what i am doing now when i see RPG bashing inea all the time. it is just mean and WRONG.

so to answer the question again, am i up for a union in Xisto where the members WILL have a little more control in how our voices are heard? YUP! am i for a union to do more damage than good here? NOPE! there is a thin line that i will not cross and that will be the intent to harm Xisto in any way. that will never be my objective here.

btw- since i noticed that bikerman mad a false comment in one of his threads like he always does in every single one of his threads because he doesn't know what he's actually talking about half the time and likes to bash users and even target religious people who have more good in their little pinky than he has in his whole 10 fingers, i want to clear something up. i DID NOT GET FIRED as a mod. i QUIT. why did i quit? because buffalohelp never wanted me as a mod, and he took it upon himself and the bad heart he has to single me out and be subjective towards me in a way where i knew, i could NOT do my job well or appropriately. as a mod, i did my part. i spent at least 2 hours every day doing my job. buffalo never looked at that. just saw my past as a member and made judgements subjectively saying i am not living up to the higher responsibility given to me. why? because i kicked him out of the chat room one time haha. what he fails to realize, is that me, along with one other user, made that chatroom what it is today. a place where people can feel comfortable coming in there. that other user is WEB DESIGNER. we both care about this forum and we both keep eachother in check at times when we feel the other person is wrong. usually it's her keeping me in check because i can get a bit extreme sometimes....but extreme with a positive purpose in the end. so buffalohelp bashes me because i kicked him once. but i didn't see him bashing anyone else when other mods would kick me out as a joke. even opaque kicked me out as a joke SEVER times. did buffalohelp dare bash the old mods or even the head admin and owner of this site? ofcourse not. buffalohelp isn't objective that way. i had two choices. face buffalohelp as a mod knowing i wont be able to do as much good for the forum, or resign and come back down to the level of a regular member where my voice can be heard on the same frustration level as the other members. i decided i am no better than anyone else. i decided i am not here just for the forum because it's the MEMBERS who make up this forum. so i resigned. opaque refused to make me a regular member. when buffalohelp came back after another week of being absent from this place, i jumped for joy and acknowledged my request. something opaque didn't want to see. although i wish it was opaque who could have done that for me, i am ok with it. i understand why buffalohelp did it and it proved my point once again how buffalohelp is VERY subjective and didn't keep an open mind as an admin. i refused to talk about the reasons why i quit because i didn't believe in blaming anyone or being bitter about anything. i needed time to go by where my emotions wouldn't play a role in the truth i told.

so now RPG- stop comparing me to you. we are NOTHING alike. since you have taken a stand against, inea, i have decided to take a stand against you. this is my plan. every time i see you bashing inea, i will be right behind you to discredit you. one of us will be more right than the other. your reputation is on the line openly. balls in your court. make your decision.

That's a very long rant or whatever and will surely earn a lot of myCENTS. :D*****On the point of inea's post was improving, I noticed that he/she (I am way too lazy to verify) really improved one bit at a time. I am still confused on some of the post that was made though.On the point of decreased myCENTS, I noticed that since 4th week of September until today, the points goes way slow.

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

That's a very long rant or whatever and will surely earn a lot of myCENTS. :D
On the point of inea's post was improving, I noticed that he/she (I am way too lazy to verify) really improved one bit at a time. I am still confused on some of the post that was made though.

On the point of decreased myCENTS, I noticed that since 4th week of September until today, the points goes way slow.

That's only because the mycents haven't updated in a looong time... I'm sure when it updates again, everyone will get a couple of bucks from their posts.

That's only because the mycents haven't updated in a looong time... I'm sure when it updates again, everyone will get a couple of bucks from their posts.

Couple bucks ?It is either 1$ or 2$. I don't know how many people here are getting more than 2$. lol. if new people are getting it that way then i guess we have to create new accounts just to earn mycents. :D