xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

The Best Free Stock Images... help me to find a good one...

i was searching for a while about a good free stock images. but couldn't find a good one. most of good stock photos i should pay to get them, or the sites i found till now contain only few categories. what i am looking for, is a site contains multiple categories, variant and interesting stock photos that suitable to be used in web designing, like headers, backgrounds or logos and of course free ;) . because now i am working on making new design and layouts and i know i will need a lot of stock photos but still couldn't find the one. i hope you can help me find a good one and thanks in advance.

If you're ready to give the credit for your work and images then you can use creative commons. I think there are many ways with which you can use creative commons instead of searching for free stock images. There are millions of pics under creative commons licesense and that is one good way than low quality stock images. I think if your project have no issues or uses too many modification of original image then i don't think there is anything wrong using a creative commons attribution image. Other than that there are corbis and some similar sites. I rememer a search engine that uses to point to free images. I gues ditto or something was it's name.

If you're ready to give the credit for your work and images then you can use creative commons. I think there are many ways with which you can use creative commons instead of searching for free stock images. There are millions of pics under creative commons licesense and that is one good way than low quality stock images. I think if your project have no issues or uses too many modification of original image then i don't think there is anything wrong using a creative commons attribution image.
Other than that there are corbis and some similar sites. I rememer a search engine that uses to point to free images. I gues ditto or something was it's name.

hmmm,i didn't understand you fully in here, can you explain more please?
what do you mean by creative common images? do you mean use images that made by others not a free stock images?
and from where could i get those? i tried to google that but it leads me for nothing. and i checked the corbis site but they are not free :) . and are all creative common images are not free or what?

I was talking about creative commons search engine. You can find a lot of images which you can use it just like free stock images. Thing is that if you are editing it too much beyond their original feel i doubt there is need to even give attribution for that. In fact many photoshop users do that without attribution.

Corbis used to submit commons images on yahoo india for quite some time. I don't know if they still do that or not. Obviously they are not doing that on their homepage because this is where they have business. Other than creative commons you can check sites like -
Stockvaultand fotosearch.

thanks for your help mahesh, i will search for those type from now on, they really look good and their quality is better. but it only needs for more searching for free ones. by the way the sites you mentioned in the last are offering a paid images not free. but still thanks for your help. i never heard about that before i mean creative common images so thanks for telling me that, i am appreciated :).