xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
linekill

Anoushka Shankar I love her...music

I figure, most of the members here are Indian so I want to ask their opinion on the music of Anoushka Shankar. I first saw her as a child deemed gifted by George Harrison. She's really pretty and I love listening to her version of Indian music.My exposure to Indian music is limited to some Ravi Shankar, Anoushka Shankar and Bollywood movies featuring Hrithik Roshan's Krissh and Dhoom (w/c my mom considers the ultimate dream guy :lol: ), Priyanka Chopra (hot ;) ) and Aishwarya Rai (hot ;) ). Forgive my ignorance.

Well i think you were intending to write about the Indian music..but it ended up on the note ,focusing indian actress (hotones).ummmm hmmmmmYeah anushkha is doing great at sitar ..she has been dedicated to the work.But indian music is not only about the sitar it has so lot to offer..their is a variety here in music..the instrumental music tabla .flue , veena ,sarod and a lot more.The folk music of the places are amazing and so different.And the indian movies...i think not all enjoys them...Some make fun of being them so musical and i suppose the movies are more fictitious.But yes fun to watch...good way to pass the time..We are so emotional beings that most of the movies revolve around the emotions and all..well its fine..as they are more dreaming work and good way to escape from the reality..and get a stress relief ..Watch them for fun :D :D

Well i think you were intending to write about the Indian music..but it ended up on the note ,focusing indian actress (hotones).ummmm hmmmmm

Now that you mention it, my first post did sound more about actors than Indian music. :lol:

Yeah anushkha is doing great at sitar ..she has been dedicated to the work.But indian music is not only about the sitar it has so lot to offer..their is a variety here in music..the instrumental music tabla .flue , veena ,sarod and a lot more.The folk music of the places are amazing and so different.

I think the best drum in the world is the Tabla. It has a unique sound. Correct me if I'm wrong. Its sound changes base on where you place you palm or where you strike the skin, right? I've seen it accompany the sitar.

And the indian movies...i think not all enjoys them...Some make fun of being them so musical and i suppose the movies are more fictitious.

Yes, you're right. People usually laugh at Bollywood movies. I've been told that there are really good Indian movies. I can't find time to search for one, though.

But yes fun to watch...good way to pass the time..We are so emotional beings that most of the movies revolve around the emotions and all..well its fine..as they are more dreaming work and good way to escape from the reality..and get a stress relief ..Watch them for fun :D :D

Movies are reflections of a culture. When I watched The Love Guru with Mike Myers, the Bollywood-like skits really made me laugh.

Our, Filipino mainstream movies, are really boring. It's all about teen love stories or some scary movie. And they use the same plot all over again. It's excruciating to watch.

But the indie scene is different. We've got really good indie movies about our society. :lol:

yes the tabla is a great drum offcourse the sound is bit different..i think u very little about the music in india..Let me tell its historical and really ancient.The really need deep study..Like the dancing ..traditional ones..the bhartnatiyam and the kathak..kuchipudi ..orrisi dance...i named some of them..They are an institution in itself.Even im not an expert in them ..The bollywood movies...we produce a lot a movies in india..i think more than 100 in a year including the regional ones..so u get a lot of variety their..Movies is the main source of entertainment for the less economical people and the working class..and so they are made in large amount and often are musical and include dancing and foolish stuff..This is the main reason..its a very big industry..We even have those actual movie work for the intellectual and people with more of the aesthetic sense...And about the love guru..Did any indian make the movie.im sorry i did not watch it but i think its a foreign depiction of the art..so u can't rely on it understanding the indian culture