xisto Community
web_designer

Knowledgesutra Board...join Us And Be Ative...

Xisto Board

hi trappers...
this time i came up with new, fun and interesting idea. and i hope you will join me and support me to make it successes.

the whole idea based on making a BOARD for Xisto members, something like school board. it is an image i made in shape of a board, and member's avatars and their names will be added to it.BUT according to these rules:

- i won't add any member unless he asked me for, i mean he/she should post here and ask me to add his/her avatar or profile photo to the board.

- if that member wants to stay on Xisto board, he/she should be active. at least posting from time to time, or joining others in chat room or do any activity in the forums. so, members who come and go, will be deleted from the board.

- members who are in risk of being deleted from the board, i will put a stamp on them with the word "WANTED" :D to be alerted that they are not active and should be around.

- every time i will edit the board, either add, delete or put a "WANTED" stamp on someone, i will post the board again.

- and this board will be posted on Xisto facebook page, so guys you will be popular ;) .

so as you can see, it is like a board that appreciates active members in the forums. and even everyone are allowed to be added but to still on Xisto board, they should do a better job in here.

so what do you think? WANNA JOIN ME...and be on the board??

now, this is the board till now, and i already added a stamp on someone to show you how it will look like... :)

Posted Image
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

cool idea, wd! i hope it catches on! i see opaque is wanted again and nowhere to be found :)so i wonder who is gonna be next on the board! also, what if we want a different picture :)

cool idea, wd! i hope it catches on! i see opaque is wanted again and nowhere to be found :)
so i wonder who is gonna be next on the board! also, what if we want a different picture :)

yeah opaque is the wanted guy now :D but between i will give him more time and see. and i wonder too if others will be interested too or not.

about changing pictures, i can change it if it is necessary but not always, because members like deadmad, who change their avatar every two days are hard to deal with :P . glade you like it anwiii :) i hope the others will do too.

I want in on this. Although I won't probably be able to post 10 times a day like my first few days, I'll always try to be as active as a I can. I just had so much to do recently. See I had to write that paper for Music and I have been writing it for a whole day and a half now, almost done. I can do this! Finished noting the dynamics and timbres on Bolero, first and second movements of Harold en Italie. Will hopefully be done with the third and fourth movements before midnight. :D Then, on to the Film paper to review Hero by Jet Li... Then, Christian Civilization to further research the Christian community's aid in the development of Modern Healthcare... After that, doing a radioplay on some war in Southeast Asia, an advocacy campaign promoting Southeast Asia and a report on the communities in Southeast Asia for Pacific Rim Studies: Southeast Asia... All this while taking care of my little sister, doing chores around the house, editing videos for some cash and handling administrative duties in certain online forums.Oh, dear lord, I can't wait for the semester break. @_@ I maybe able to do some drawing during the break and improve it - and I already have the perfect pair to draw, fufu. A certain principal conductor and a certain soloist who played the viola. Haha, it'll be fun to try and draw them. A few more weeks and it'll be break, right? RIGHT? So tired.

I want in on this. Although I won't probably be able to post 10 times a day like my first few days, I'll always try to be as active as a I can. I just had so much to do recently. See I had to write that paper for Music and I have been writing it for a whole day and a half now, almost done. I can do this! Finished noting the dynamics and timbres on Bolero, first and second movements of Harold en Italie. Will hopefully be done with the third and fourth movements before midnight. :D Then, on to the Film paper to review Hero by Jet Li... Then, Christian Civilization to further research the Christian community's aid in the development of Modern Healthcare... After that, doing a radioplay on some war in Southeast Asia, an advocacy campaign promoting Southeast Asia and a report on the communities in Southeast Asia for Pacific Rim Studies: Southeast Asia... All this while taking care of my little sister, doing chores around the house, editing videos for some cash and handling administrative duties in certain online forums.

Oh, dear lord, I can't wait for the semester break. @_@ I maybe able to do some drawing during the break and improve it - and I already have the perfect pair to draw, fufu. A certain principal conductor and a certain soloist who played the viola. Haha, it'll be fun to try and draw them. A few more weeks and it'll be break, right? RIGHT? So tired.

now i didn't get half of the things you do :P but it seems you do a lot recently. and you are active enough these days i think, i remember see you around every two or three days so you are active. just stay like this and you will be on the board forever ;) .

but i will add your profile image not your avatar because it is animated, and your profile image looks so cool too :D , so don't worry you are on the board now.

Posted Image

GREAT, i updated the board again :)

"bani you are on the board now"

"hurt4love you are on the board now"

take care guys, keep on coming here or, i will add the "WANTED" stamp on you... :D

Posted Image

This is an interesting idea. But don't you think more members would be interested if they had a group of their own? I think there's been some discussion about member groups before and I don't remember how the discussion ended. However, this seems to be a good idea and the activity would definitely rise up if the members had something special like a group of their own, different from the rest of the community :)

This is an interesting idea. But don't you think more members would be interested if they had a group of their own? I think there's been some discussion about member groups before and I don't remember how the discussion ended. However, this seems to be a good idea and the activity would definitely rise up if the members had something special like a group of their own, different from the rest of the community :)

buffalohelp made it clear that there will be no user groups to seperate people here. although, unofficially, opaque supports the idea with evil group and the coder or programmer group, etc...

so i personally think what wd did is an EXCELLENT idea. the board shows the active members and will be adjusted accordingly. to get on the board, one will have to be an active member. it's the first good and original idea that has been implimented in a long time. it's exactly what the board needs. especially when buffalohelp is never online here to do anything in regards to his admin duties, and while opaque has been pronounced missing....and the mods struggle just to do their jobs effectively.

good job web designer!

This is an interesting idea. But don't you think more members would be interested if they had a group of their own? I think there's been some discussion about member groups before and I don't remember how the discussion ended. However, this seems to be a good idea and the activity would definitely rise up if the members had something special like a group of their own, different from the rest of the community

glade you liked it simpleton, and even you didn't say it, but i think your words mean "put me on the board" ;) so you will be added :D . and about group thing, well i can't make such decision without an admin permission, so it is a good idea but it will be postponed i guess. till we could see that "wanted " guy online again :P .

so i personally think what wd did is an EXCELLENT idea. the board shows the active members and will be adjusted accordingly. to get on the board, one will have to be an active member. it's the first good and original idea that has been implimented in a long time. it's exactly what the board needs. especially when buffalohelp is never online here to do anything in regards to his admin duties, and while opaque has been pronounced missing....and the mods struggle just to do their jobs effectively.
good job web designer!

thanks anwiii for your kind words :) i am really happy when i see you and others supporting me, even when the rest seem not interested. i appreciate your back up friend ;).

oh no, simpleton. you locked your profile photo, i can't copy it to the board :( can you please pm me another copy that is not locked??

buffalohelp made it clear that there will be no user groups to seperate people here. although, unofficially, opaque supports the idea with evil group and the coder or programmer group, etc...

Oh thanks for reminding me about that anwiii :) It would have been nice if we had more support for user groups around here. Still, this board is one of those unofficial ideas to support the idea! Good job indeed, web_designer!

glade you liked it simpleton, and even you didn't say it, but i think your words mean "put me on the board" so you will be added . and about group thing, well i can't make such decision without an admin permission, so it is a good idea but it will be postponed i guess. till we could see that "wanted " guy online again .

You guessed correctly about the "put me on the board" thing, but you didn't complete it. It was, "put me on the board, after a few days". I'm definitely interested to be up there, but I'm a bit inactive these days and may continue to be so as I'm trying other things right now, so when I'm ready I'll poke you to put me on the board :) Keep up the good work!

hey its a great idea and work from my dear friend wd...i think she is going to get a lot of admiration and a lot more request for being a part of that board..and i guess the wanted person need some cops to be searched for :P :P Good work wd :) :) im proud of u ....

yea, at the same time, i am in agreement with buffalohelp. i don't think users should be seperated in to groups. i almost have a problem when we seperate gfx team and spam patrol. personally, i don't feel any member is more special than another. just because a user knows photoshop doesn't mean he's more special. just because a user knows how to click the report button doesn't mean he's special. i do like your board though because it only seperates the active from the inactive. i think it can be more objective though to include those who had a significant impact on this forum....even if you have to put the wanted sign up. i also don't think people should have to ask to be on it. you started this WD, so you finish it.....and be fair to those who wont ask to be on it.that is my two cents for now....

You guessed correctly about the "put me on the board" thing, but you didn't complete it. It was, "put me on the board, after a few days". I'm definitely interested to be up there, but I'm a bit inactive these days and may continue to be so as I'm trying other things right now, so when I'm ready I'll poke you to put me on the board Keep up the good work!

come on simpleton, i really want to add you. and i will never add the "WANTED" stamp over you because i know you keep on come and go. and no need to post 50 posts to be active i know you are ;).

now, the fact is, and to be clear 100% for everyone:

i will never add a "WANTED" stamp over people who keep on come and go even if they were away for a while, because i know that people are busy in life and not because i am here a lot, that means the other should be too :) .

but i will add it on those who disappear for a long time. therefor i added "WANTED" over opaque because that guy come and go without a sign. and even so, i add it on him to show how the "WANTED" stamp works, but between, i know he said earlier that he will be away for two months. but i did it to tease him a little to pass us by, we really miss this guy in here :P .

hey its a great idea and work from my dear friend wd...i think she is going to get a lot of admiration and a lot more request for being a part of that board..and i guess the wanted person need some cops to be searched for

Good work wd im proud of u ....

thanks honey chini, for your sweet words :) i know you are always honest and supportive. glade you liked the idea and i really hope more members will ask to be here, but seems they are afraid of my cute stamp :D .

yea, at the same time, i am in agreement with buffalohelp. i don't think users should be seperated in to groups. i almost have a problem when we seperate gfx team and spam patrol. personally, i don't feel any member is more special than another. just because a user knows photoshop doesn't mean he's more special. just because a user knows how to click the report button doesn't mean he's special.

i do like your board though because it only seperates the active from the inactive. i think it can be more objective though to include those who had a significant impact on this forum....even if you have to put the wanted sign up. i also don't think people should have to ask to be on it. you started this WD, so you finish it.....and be fair to those who wont ask to be on it.

that is my two cents for now....

hmmm, yeah i think you are right here, i missed that :blush: . even it looks fun for the first time but you and buffelohelp are right. this may make troubles in the forum. and now, i agree with you guys.

and between, i hardly hold myself from adding a lot of members here without their permissions. but i don't want to force them, because maybe they don't want to. and i don't want anyone to be in if he/she don't want to. but i will still hope more will ask to be on the board :) .

yea, at the same time, i am in agreement with buffalohelp. i don't think users should be seperated in to groups. i almost have a problem when we seperate gfx team and spam patrol. personally, i don't feel any member is more special than another. just because a user knows photoshop doesn't mean he's more special. just because a user knows how to click the report button doesn't mean he's special.

i do like your board though because it only seperates the active from the inactive. i think it can be more objective though to include those who had a significant impact on this forum....even if you have to put the wanted sign up. i also don't think people should have to ask to be on it. you started this WD, so you finish it.....and be fair to those who wont ask to be on it.

that is my two cents for now....

Haha trying to reduce the awesomeness of my brown name? Not gonna work. :P Well.... it might, but its not go in that direction. I think Forums should have a reasonable amount of groups, Admin, Mod,GFX,Patrol are the only ones we have right now. A little more would be perfect. It's kind of like each person has a specific link chain thing connecting the whole forum together. But it still doesn't mean that another person from another group CANT be good at photoshop or click the report button. Besides, if you wanna be all equal kequal, talk in real life or something... forums are for passing the time and having fun, not having a boring conversation/debate. Hmm... i can think some groups from the top of my head like "Perfect Trapper" for people who always help people or something thats interesting. Another thing that would do good is installing a "IPB Awards" plugin to give awards to members for helping people or being active in the forum/chat or something like that with a specific icon and name of the title. Those are just my suggestions but im pretty sure nothing I say (or anything anybody else says) is going to be done here around here :)

now, i am seriously thinking of changing the rules i put above and starting annoying members :P . i mean i am thinking of taking anwiii's idea of adding members without their permissions to the board, and send them the scary words "YOU ARE WANTED" :D .but i will do more than that, i will pm everyone who is been added to the board, and tell him about that and i will give him/her the choice to be removed from the board if he/she didn't want to. and i really think that this is a good idea, because members who are away and didn't come to the forum for a long time, will receive a notification in their email and then they will give the forum a visit and see what is all about?? ;) so what do you think guys and girls??? good idea or not??