xisto Community
wasi

The Uk And Ireland what are they really like?

I've always wanted to go to the UK and Ireland, and I plan too. But I've heard a lot of good and bad stuff about it. Like the people, in all of the brochures and stuff I've read it says the people are real friendly, but then I look somewhere else and it says the contrary. And the pictures I've seen are mostly just practiced ones done by professionals to get the best angle. But I'm sure the prettiest angle isn't everywhere. So does anyone have any pics I could look at? And I've been trying to find as many sites for the countrys as I can, but if you have any could you post them? Do any of you live there?

Please do not spam (triple post) or you will be tempory suspended. - Becca

Edited by Becca (see edit history)

Hi!Are you still there?I live in York (the original - not New York!) which is a beautiful medieval town in the middle of England. It has ancient city walls, a ruined castle, winding streets and a gigantic gothic cathedral. (Search york england on google images will give a better idea). Britain is a great place and you really should visit (ok I'm a bit biased!). Depending on what you like I can email you pics, whether it be ancient cities, market towns, buzzing night life, vibrant cities, rolling hills or seaside towns. Please reply!Paul

I lived in the UK, in London, for seven years. I think it's a great place to either visit or live. As with most European countries, it's got a lot of historic sites to visit, but it also has some great countryside and scenery. And being quite small, it's not hard to get around and see different things (although it can be on the expensive side).As for friendliness, I didn't find the UK any more or less friendly than anywhere else I've been. It'll depend where you go though. The big cities will be less friendly than smaller places, but that's the same all over the world.

Hi. I live in Dundalk, Ireland. It is a big town but not a city and I have to say that most people's preconceptions about Ireland are wrong. Our lifestyle is the same as the UK in almost everything and that means that apart from using a different dialect of English, Its the same as America too.The main difference you'll notice is in the country areas where there are vast green fields but the6y're not much to look at if you ask me.The main attractions in Ireland would be the mountains and lakes and there are some beautiful places around (mostly in the west of Ireland). I have also visited the lake district in England and it is also beautiful in the same way.