xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Outlook Express e mails

I have wireless internet in Mexico and cant receive or send e mails from outlook express and it doesnt connect to my hotmail acct. I always get a error message. It always asks for a dial up but I have wireless. Can anyone suggest how it can get Outlook to work?

Does Outlook Express send and receive emails when you're wired? If it does, proceed with the next step. Otherwise, there may be a problem with its SMTP and POP settings. Since Outlook Express is asking for your dial-up login, it's best to start by checking on what type of connection OE is using. 1. Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS. 2. On the Options box, go to the Connections Tab. 3. Click the "Change" button. This will open the Internet Options window. 4. On the window, make sure that "Never Dial a Connection" is selected. 5. Click OK, Apply, OK. If the same thing happens, you may need to check on the settings of your Outlook Express. Use the following as a guide: POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)POP SSL required? YesUser name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@hotmail.comPassword: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows LiveSMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25)Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)TLS/SSL required? Yes