xisto Community
wasi

Quitting School... did you quit school?

I'm just wondering. I've quite school (In the 5th grade, about 4-5 years ago) and I haven't been back. And now I'm starting to want to. Not just because of the future, but because I think it would be good for me. But where do I start?

You will probably have to either go to an "adult" or continuation school. You won't be able to get back into regular school because usually they wouldn't allow someone so advanced in age to go back that far. My suggestion would be to go to your local community/junior college and start off there. :D

Yea and if you can get your GED, you need to do that too. Many college wont take you if you dont have your high school diploma or a GED. But dont give up.

In some countries, there is a system of 'education outside the school'....where you only go to class on Sat (age doesn't matter there)..And you learn at home for the rest of the week. Then....you can take their exams..which would give you equivalent qualification (as if you have finished school). So instead of spending for example 3 year at highschool (or secondary school), you could finish it in a year and a half if you pass their exams. The pros of this would be that you can go to Uni, and...you won't be too old in comparison to other students (as you did high school in less time.)Of course, the cons would be that you would miss all the benefits you could get in school (like activities etc). Still, this would be useful if your school don't accept you back. :D Good luck

So normally, if you hadn't gave up on school.. you would probably be in the 10th grade, right? So you would be around the same age as me.. which is 14-16 range. Not that I would know much, but if you want to make a decent amount of money.. real estate is easy, and doesn't require much education. I'd recommend looking into it. Or, if you have any cool talents, you can better them and turn it into a career! Going back to school is also an option. My grandpa told me that its harder to learn as you grow older.. but you know they most when you're the oldest. Anyway, you could also get real fit and join the military. Finaly, first things first would be to get a high school diploma. It's real basic.. and it opens a small room of oppurtunities. Then hopefully you'll realize what you want?!hehe. thats a lot coming from a 14 year old /w a plan. :Dgood luck!

I'm 15 so I guess I'd be in 9th or 10th grade (I lost track). I don't think college if for me. I figure I might go to adult school thing with my sis (If they let me). Would it be real hard to just do it myself? Online I mean. There might be some kind of forum or group I could find. Is a GED almost the same as a highschool degree?

I didn't realize it was possible to quit school that early...hahaAs for me, it's sorta too late for me to quit now. I'm just a few months away from getting my high school diploma, so screwing up now would just make my stint in public education a complete waste...After that, it's on to college, and that's too expensive to quite ;)

wasi, a GED is the equivalent of a high school diploma, I would recomend getting it, if you live in america you will recevie 500 bucks if you pass it for a start to college.

I'm just wondering. I've quite school (In the 5th grade, about 4-5 years ago) and I haven't been back. And now I'm starting to want to. Not just because of the future, but because I think it would be good for me. But where do I start?

51154[/snapback]

I have quite school for two years ,now i have a good job

but i want to goback school and become a student again

if you are a student you wont think about some question about lives

51154[/snapback]

Well as long as you live in the United States and are under the age of 18, you should have no problem re-entering a public school? By the way, how old are you because most students drop out of school when they are in high school. (I thought it was illegal to quit school as long as your under 18?... :lol:

anyone who quits school when they are TEN years old has some serious problems. I doubt anyone on this forum will be able to help someone in this case. Probably the best advice is to talk to some responsible adults who can provide some guidance.

????[/tab]School is where you learn to discipline yourself. A certain physicist never completed secondary school yet he became to be one of the most influential scientists of the 20th century. But he had a gift--he did not stop asking and nothing stopped him from finding the answer. The journey of a life is a constant learning process. If you feel that it's time to go back to school, don't let anything get in your way. Sure, you will be ridiculed even by your closest peers. But, if you give up in the middle of your attempt, it's better not have started in the first place. ????As I was saying before, school not only teaches us knowledge but how to coexist with one another. It's a macro world where you learn to interact with others that are non-family members. It's the place to find out who you are and what you are made out of. And once you establish who you want to become (as a human being) you enter the final stage of learning; the university. [tab]I want you to know, wasi, just because a person has graduated from an educational institution that does not make that person better than you. What it shows is that it took that person a good discipline to hold the ground and fought the good fight. Are you ready for your discipline? I have seen a homeless person recite Shakespeare better than a post-literature graduate. It's never too late! Go for it. :lol:

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

There is never any good reason to quit school. For one thing, you'll most likely never get a job higher than a position flipping burgers at McDonald's, especially if you quit in 5th grade. A GED (General Equivalency Diploma) is supposed to be about the same as a high school diploma, but there's nothing like the real thing. You'll have a much easier time getting into college if you graduate from an actual high school instead of just taking an "equal" test.

If you want to go back (which you really should), then you'll have to work really hard to catch up, but graduating late is still much better than not at all.

I can't really think of much else to prod you with, but you'll find a lot of benefits of finishing school if you Google something like "stay in school"