xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wasi

Archery...

Does anyone here do archer? Or have you tried it? I am starting it again (I did several years ago but the program closed) and there is a summer games competition (tons of sports and stuff) in about 5 months. For the archer competition you have to shoot around 140 arrows (I forgot the right amount :D) and they have to be shot from 30, 40, 50, and 60 meters. Now I have a few problems with that, I have bad eyesite and I'm not sure if I will be able to see the target from that far, and the strength of the bow I'm sure has to be strong enough to go that far. But I'm not sure how many pounds it needs. And I've head that they have scopes for bows. Does anyone know how much those would cost?

Could anyone give me a few pointers? I'd really appreciate them.

Oh and are there many girls who do it? They set up the program again (awhile ago apparently, but they didn't inform us) and I went to one about a week ago and I didn't see any girls. :D

I had an archery class before but that was a LONG time ago now. Must've been like 7 or 8 years now. Mostly just using your fingers right, pulling it back near your ear, maybe accounting for the wind a bit... Might be interesting for me to try getting back into it sometime in the future now that I think about it... Except I don't know that I'd need to use it for hunting ever, never know though.

It might actually almost be even more practical to learn how to make a bow, I read up on it a long time ago, you need intestines for the cord I believe so you'd probably have to end up something down without a bow just to get a bow :rolleyes:Not to mention the feathers required for the arrows.