xisto Community
web_designer

There Is No Absolute Happiness In This World... share me what do you think?

there is no absolute happiness in this world

i was thinking of something happened in my life recently, and i ended to this fact. that there is no absolute happiness in our life.even what we could see the best for us and what we hoped to get for a long time ago. and maybe waited for it months and years, it could have its other side of sorrow, if we looked at it carefully.

but i think, usually, when a happy event happens in our life, we always take only the happiness and drop the other side. even when we know that it may be exists or we have worries. but still we let ourselves to enjoy the moment and ignore everything else. and in fact it is what we should do or we will be a depressed people all the time or this could drive us crazy :).

besides, i think it is in human nature to believe in the absolute happiness in the world, and do the best we can to reach it. and if we couldn't we may get depressed or lose our faith in the whole concept of happiness. but BALANCING things is the best we can do, and balancing here means to believe that happiness exists in life, but not forever, of course because life is changing around us every second and makes people change too, even us. and happiness is not absolute, it should have its own sadness and that sadness could be something we could bear it or not. it is like paying for our happiness, and in general we should enjoy every second of this happiness, keep it and work hard for it to make it lasts as much as we can. and not worry about the other side of it until it starts to show up. and i really believe it is the right way to live, even it is hard to be done sometimes. but still it is the right way to live in reality and happily ever after.

so anyone agree or disagree with me?

Yes, that's right.

Dual (in our language, Magkabilaan) nature of everything. I think we're better off experiencing some sadness and pain or happiness won't exist- it may not even be required. Imagine a world were all food tastes sweet, wouldn't that be boring? The value of sweetness won't even exist.

Almost all, if not all, religions promise absolute happiness after this life. I'm for no religion, though. Still, I respect those who do. Believe what you want to and live how you want to. ;)

In my opinion, feel the pain for what it is, feel the sadness for what it is and experience joy for what it is. That's my way of drinking from the cup of life.

Modern Man Continues to Live On because of Dissatisfaction

Two years ago, House M. D. star, Hugh Laurie, stated in one of his interviews the following statement:

[He doesn’t] have a single complete show or movie or anything else that [he] could look at and say, “Nailed that one.” But endless dissatisfaction is, [he supposes], what gets us out of bed in the morning.

And this quotation is what nicely wraps up the thesis I submitted for a class.

We would find, in the recent short stories that had been handled, that Modern Literature is quick to point out the weaknesses and faults of modern man, leading to the writer’s touching the rather dark and grim subjects of racism, sexism, religious biases, murder and the likes that delve into the darker, inner workings of the human mind and attitude. At the heart of all these things is one very basic concept – dissatisfaction.

Dissatisfaction – it drives the modern man to continue on living until he gets what he wants… until he is satisfied. There is no such thing as pure satisfaction; a person upon getting what he wants will work for more.

Works Cited

Laurie, Hugh. Laurie’s Road Trip Ambition. The Internet Movie Database. N. P., 2008. Web. 28 Aug. 2010.

You've basically defined "absolute happiness" as having a sad side. Logic would allow us to conclude that your "absolute sadness" includes a happy side. I would have to disagree with you in such use of the term "absolute" as a definitive adjective.

Yes, that's right.
Dual (in our language, Magkabilaan) nature of everything. I think we're better off experiencing some sadness and pain or happiness won't exist- it may not even be required. Imagine a world were all food tastes sweet, wouldn't that be boring? The value of sweetness won't even exist.

Almost all, if not all, religions promise absolute happiness after this life. I'm for no religion, though. Still, I respect those who do. Believe what you want to and live how you want to.

In my opinion, feel the pain for what it is, feel the sadness for what it is and experience joy for what it is. That's my way of drinking from the cup of life.

yeah linekill, you reached my point here. if there is no pain, then we can't feel the happiness. if there is no sadness, we can't feel the joy. if there is no darkness, we can't enjoy the light. if there is no evil, we can't appreciate the goodness. it is like a double face for everything, so ignoring one of them is a completely idiot and like we are deceiving ourselves if we believed in that. but we should live each of them in this life, each in its own time.

and i do like your philosophy here linekill, about you way of drinking from the cup of life :) .

Modern Man Continues to Live On because of Dissatisfaction

Two years ago, House M. D. star, Hugh Laurie, stated in one of his interviews the following statement:

[He doesnt] have a single complete show or movie or anything else that [he] could look at and say, Nailed that one. But endless dissatisfaction is, [he supposes], what gets us out of bed in the morning.

And this quotation is what nicely wraps up the thesis I submitted for a class.

We would find, in the recent short stories that had been handled, that Modern Literature is quick to point out the weaknesses and faults of modern man, leading to the writers touching the rather dark and grim subjects of racism, sexism, religious biases, murder and the likes that delve into the darker, inner workings of the human mind and attitude. At the heart of all these things is one very basic concept dissatisfaction.

Dissatisfaction it drives the modern man to continue on living until he gets what he wants until he is satisfied. There is no such thing as pure satisfaction; a person upon getting what he wants will work for more.

Works Cited

Laurie, Hugh. Lauries Road Trip Ambition. The Internet Movie Database. N. P., 2008. Web. 28 Aug. 2010.

hmmm, you have a deep meaning in here adell. but i hope you explain more please, what exactly do you mean?

Hi!@web_designerHappiness is something relative to a condition in the past or in the present. If you have never experienced sorrow, you may be in a state of happiness but you would not know how to recognize that you have all that you need to be happy. If you have an ice cream cone and you observe a little boy who has just dropped his cone onto the pavement, you would see sorrow in the little boy and would know that something could have been different and would have led to happiness. You may hand your own ice cream cone to the little boy to see happiness, but if you both had ice cream cones to begin with, and he hadn't dropped his ice cream cone, you would not have known happiness.Happiness can also be seen as a state of mind. You can be happy despite having financial problems due to the economic crisis because your focus is on living in the present rather than having a concern for the future. On the other hand, you could experience sorrow despite having all that you do because you vie for something more. Envy is something that creates sorrow more than anything else that one might experience because despite having all that one needs to be in a state of happiness, sorrow still exists.Achieving a balance between happiness and sorrow is something one ought to strive for. A little hard work may take away one's happiness, but the rewards that it leads to in the future makes the effort worth it and creates happiness in a future time. Living in the present when the situation demands action to maintain a state of well-being in the future creates excessive sorrow in the future.@linekillReligion has several aspects, one of which is to experience happiness even when one is destitute. Separating the mind from the experiences of material happiness is an objective that religion seeks to achieve. Often, it does not succeed due to the fact that the philosophy conveyed in religion is not accurately disseminated. The central dogma of all religions is the same but approaches their objectives differently.