xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ashley818205

My Computer Language Help Me

okay so i bought this computer. it is an hp mini 1135ca netbook pc. okay well me being as stupid as i am i didnt pay attention to detail and the region its from and the laguage it comes with is french. i dont speak french. my computer gets here tomorrow and i need some help figuring out what the hel im going to do to fix this. any help is soooo much appreciated.

okay so i bought this computer. it is an hp mini 1135ca netbook pc. okay well me being as stupid as i am i didnt pay attention to detail and the region its from and the laguage it comes with is french. i dont speak french. my computer gets here tomorrow and i need some help figuring out what the hel im going to do to fix this. any help is soooo much appreciated.

I have a couple of french dictionaries..any use ? :D

It really depends on what it loaded when you get it. Ther keyboard may be english and that is the only hardware that might be a problem. Windows will just need the correct language pack installed, and other than this you should have no problems. If the keyboard IS French then that is more problematic, but I'm feeling it won't be...wait and see.. :-)

Since your buying a new computer I am just assuming that it would come with some type of a OS disk? If so you could always just reinstall windows ( Or whatever other OS it is) and select the correct language during the install.

What operating system are we talking about here? Google "YOUR OS change language" and follow those steps. English is installed by default in all windows machines so you wont need to install any additional language packs simply switch to the english one. If the keyboard has french letters printed on it then you will need to learn to touch-type! Other than that just change the keyboard layout to english UK/US

Agreed with the other comments. Usually it is possible to change the language. Another possiblity is to download a copy of Linux. An option is to download and burn a dvd with Ubuntu. This can be installed to the small computer. The disadvantage is that the original operating progam might get lost when another program is installed on the small computer.