xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilentWarrior

Phpnuke Transfer

Has anyone had a succesful phpnuke cms site transfered to new hosting? Im trying to move my Xisto site to paid hosting but its had problems as the mysql and nuke cms are wildly entangled and things refer to the site the addon script was installed on. Just curious if at minimum someone knows how to important forums from a nuke site to a clean install of nuke?

Try this, it should work. (I'm assuming you have FTP and PhpMyAdmin on your new host, it'd be rather sad if it didn't.)1. Backup everythinga. Files. I assume you already have, or at least know how to.b. MySQL database. If you don't know how, go to PhpMyAdmin, click your phpNuke database in the left sidebar, click 'Export', 'Select all', select 'Add DROP TABLE' and 'Save as file', name it whatever, and 'Go'. Repeat with any other databases you have. 2. Ok, a few ways to try to do this.a. Just re-upload all the files to the new host and insert the exported MySQL info. (may or may not work)b. Do a clean install of PhpNuke at the new host. Then, replace all the files and insert the exported MySQL info. (should work)c. If both of those don't work, (the second method really should though) do a clean install and insert the MySQL info, but you'll have to reinstall any mods/templates/etc.The clean install should be the same as the one you're using now, obviously. And to insert, create a database, go to it, click SQL, browse for the file and click Go.