xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zanzibarjones

Intelligence

Boy, where do you start with this one?I guess it's safe to say that everyone has a brain. It just depends on whether or not we decide to use it. And I guess it depends on what kind of smarts you have.There are basically 2 different types of smart and 1 type of stupid.There are some who have book smarts and those who have street smarts.Book smarts are great for getting a job or quoting convential information that is based upon and unreal reality. For instance, information that you find in a book is based upon test and trials that were performed under a controlled environment. But that does not apply to what happens in the real world. The real world has one thing the a controlled environment does not, and that is uncertainty.So do you think that all people have intelligence just because they are human?How do you define intelligence?

this is a pretty good topic zanzibarjones,i think that every human has intelligence, but in different rates. therefor there are students who understand the whole lesson from one time, and there are students who understand the same lesson but after reading it many times. also i think there is no one is stupid but he doesn't know how to use his intelligence or didn't get the chance to enhance his intelligence. if he was stupid then how could he live and deal with all the issues in his day life??but unfortunately, people usually judge someone as intelligent person or not according to the progress of his studies. and this is completely wrong. because i witness many persons in my own life who are failed in their studies but they succeed in their life. even for studies, parents should be more aware of what their children interest before forcing them to study a certain subject. for example, if i noticed that my child have a high grades in math and physics and low grades in history and art, i shouldn't force him to attend an art school or something related to memorizing, but i should encourage him to attend a school related to math and formulas and vice versa. and of course we are as human, i do believe that forcing ourselves to learn more and more, and keep learning new experiences and keep studying will help us to increase our brain capabilities, and will help us more in our life. i remember reading a research about the power of the human brain, and how we could keep on studying for 14 or 18 hours, non stop and it keeps in its high performance. well i tried it before and i lived :P so it is all depend on us and what we want to do in life and how much we could push ourselves to do our best.