xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

*thunder Clashing* School I need other peoples opinions about my situation

8th grade year has finally begun,but not exactly how I planned. I'm going to school with people I've known for centuries.I've never been close to anyone aside from my best friend, mostly because I didnt want to get caught up in their stupid drama. I'm not going to say I'm different, like I was put on mother earth solely to be different and amazingly, wonderful and misunderstood. It's simple: I'm more mature and emotionally developed than nearly all the other kids. That's another reason why I've been so distant-I cant relate to them. But over the summer I've been doing alot of soul-searching, and one of the many things I realized is that I'm going to be stuck with all of them until we graduate, drop out, or somebody drops dead. Thus, I want to make the best of my situation. My friend is extremely popular and at this point, things are getting pretty damn lonely. At lunch if I'm not alone I'm sitting with people I dont know or dont like, and that is not something I want to experience everyday for a good portion of my dwindling teenage lifespan. For the love of the Lord, I stood in a nasty bathroom for nearly 10 minutes waiting for the bell to ring. And these classes of mine are so boring I actually fell asleep. All I'm saying is that I really do want things to change. I want to know what it's like to be around people who acknoweldge me and like me. I know I brought this upon myself, and that's why I refuse to run away. But, what the hell am I suppossed to do? I suck at socializing, and every time i gather that good old courage to talk to someone it doesnt turn out how I'd want. Maybe it's nerves, or the fact that I've spent so much time by myself that I'm doomed to live the rest of eternity like that; but if there's a way to change this then I want to. I'm funny, and as pragmatic as I may be, I am a kind person. If I could just show them how I really am I might have more of a chance at making friends. It's just so difficult damnit! Okay, I've babbled long enough. Basically, I wrote this in order to ask you for your opinions and advice. Thanks very much.

Just go up to people and talk to them... and if they are really going to be your friends -- they will respect what they say :) This happens to me when we move schools and stuff. Just be yourself and out of all the people in your school, i bet you can find some friends.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

making friends is the most important thing that you should learn in your early childhood. now even you know how to do that or you don't, either ways it seems you failed to have friends in your life till now. but the good news is you are still young and you have a long time to learn, BUT you should start doing that from now on. i won't say it will be easy to be done, because socializing and learning to share part of your life with others need a lot of power. you should learn how to share them your interest and share them theirs. you should learn to listen to them and be there for them. help them and expect them to help you either of course. it is a whole new experience in your life you will learn a lot from it and make you to be a better person in the future, and of course you will enjoy every second of it :) . and from what i can see fro your words, you are prepared to be in such experience. and i know if you do your best, you will have a lot of friends who will appreciate your friendship. just do your best and take the first step and everything will be alright. but please try first to pick your friends, for not get disappointed. try to find friends that you think they have the same way of thinking, and share you your interests and ideas. this way, things will be easier for you to get along with them. hope you luck.

At 8th grade, socializing is a common problem. You're not alone man. Look at those people who sits next to you, they're having the same issue otherwise, they'd be sitting next to their friends or buddies. I agree with what DM and WD said. It may be hard but its best to just approach people and talk to them. I would even suggest to try to befriend all your classmates. Simple gestures like saying "Hi" or "Hello" do wonders. Talk to people even if you don't like their appearance. You'll be surprised once they start talking and opening up. You said that you're more mature than most of your batchmates, put it to good use. Try not to laugh jokes that make fun of other people. Experience taught me to connect to people of different types. There are swans hidden in the midst - beautiful people you'll whose friendship you'll treasure. Now there's the fear of rejection. Get use to it. There's nothing wrong with it. The earlier you deal with that fear, the better you'll become. If people don't respond to your "HIs", it might be embarassing at first, move on and say hi to other people. Lastly, it's 8th grade. Since you're more mature, be sensitive. These may sound uncool to an 8th grader but trust me, they'll valuable assets. And you'll see their fruits in college and beyond. ;)