xisto Community
The Simpleton

Obama Saya Us Doesn't Like Second Place

This news might sound like a continuation to my earlier thread about China becoming the world's second largest economy, but it's not. It's actually a more general sort of news coming from US President Mr.Obama. Like most of the news I post here, I read this in the newspaper too, so I don't remember all of the details, but Obama said that European and Asian countries are trying to overtake the US in many fields and they're even succeeding in a few of them, and the USA doesn't like this one bit (according to the President). So now armed with a new motto of "Made in America", Obama wants to keep the country's top spot safe in all fields concerned. Will he succeed? :)

So now armed with a new motto of "Made in America",

Hell no he won't succede! Not with the crazy things he is doing. Raising taxes and the cost of doing business in this country with his goofy Obamma Care forced insurance, he is driving business out of business, or have more and more every day pull out of the USA and head for more industry/business friendly countries.

Go look around next time you are in Walmart. See just how many items you find that are "made in the USA." You can bet they are going to be far and few between. We used to make nearly all of our clothing and shoes right here but now I don't know of any at all. In our area of the state for years there was a shoe factory in Mansfield, a Lee's plant in Seymour, and Hagles in Ava and Ozark, which made mens pants. All of these are gone out of business. In a mostly rural area, this makes for a very tough economy. In the big city of Springfield Missouri there used to be 3 major bread factories, but now all of our bread comes from one factory in Oklahoma, for crying out loud, not even bread factories, how crazy is that? Thousands lost their jobs in Springfield when Zenith moved to Mexico.

Things are going to have to change and change drasticly and soon, or "made in America" is going to be a joke.

I can hardly think of a single thing I have that's made in USA. I have electronic gadgets from all parts of Asia, a dirt bike from Japan, guitars from Japan, Drum kit from Japan, Recording equipment from Japan, Mp3 Player from Korea clothing from Canada, some other (not fancy) clothing from Pakistan, Bangladesh, places like that. Lots more things from parts of Asia. Almost everything else I have is from China. I have coffee and tea cups from England. I can hardly think of anything Made in the USA, maybe video games, but that's it. It's always been like that though, way before Obama. When I see something made in the USA it's a pretty rare thing.I wish more things were produced in Canada, but they don't seem to be. My grandmother only buys Canadian products, needless to say she has very few things other than quality socks..

yea, i have to agree with ya sheepdog. it wont be in HIS term that this ideal plan will succees. you seem to be an obama hater though. he didn't do all those things you describe. i am a republican but voted for obama. i wont go in to the reason why. it was the first time i EVER voted democrat. i think he worked hard to where he got, i think he had to work harder than any white replublican, and i don't think he can afford to make mistakes right now and is doing the best he can to please EVERYONE even though it will be impossible. to me, foolish people judge right from the get go without even looking at credentials or reading between the lines in how he got to be where he is today. reagan was critisized when he was in office....yet 5-10 years later, he has been noted as one of the greatest presidents. our policy to elect has it's pros and cons. there is very little one can do to change this country in 4 years. 8 years is better if re-elected. i don't agree with any bailout, but this guy DID save companies. maybe not the companies you are talking about, be he sure as heck did a GREAT job at saving people from losing billions in the stock market. and he came in to the presidency AFTER our economy was on the verge of disaster.now i am not news worthy these days. i don't have a t.v. or get the news nor do i spend my time searching online for it. but i will tell you one thing. i will FULLY support the slogan, "made in america" and getting back to our roots where this country was founded on! now let's just see what he is gonna do about it other than bail big companies out while little companies go out of business where it's the little companies that make the american dream REAL.

i think he worked hard to where he got

Hard work is NOWHERE in Obummers resume. Community Organizer???? What the hell is that???

I actually think he has been given a lot of slack, he has done some things that are really way way off the wall and stupid and detrimental to our country, but everybody is letting it slide because after all, he is black and if you complain or don't agree with him you get acused of being racist, so everybody is bending over backwards to pretend he is just doing a wonderful job, and maybe I'm foolish, but I'm not buying it.

Now don't get mad at me cause I don't like Obummer, ya know I still want to be on your good side as I have to talk you into voting no on Proposition B. :)

well it's more than just not liking obama...you are now using things against him because he is black.BUT! yea, i would never consider voting yes on prop b. i am all for animal rights, but this gives too much power in the wrong places. i haven't even read the whole thing nor do i care too. we already have laws to protect animals.

Gosh, you made my day, Prop B has me sweating blood, let me tell you! I sure hope the rest of the Missouri Voters are as smart as you are!But you actually kind of proved my point. If you don't like Obummer, it's because he's black. Makes you a racist. Never mind the fact that his total disrespect for our country and our values and our free society. You can't complain about him or your a racist. I got to thinking last night after I posted about your mentioning how he had to work so hard to get where he was. So, let me ask you, have you seen the stories about how as a child he had a paper route to make money for school? What about his flipping burgers at the local malt shop to pay for his high school books and supplys? Or about how he joined the military so he could get his college education with the GI bill? Haven't seen any of those have you? Because they didn't happen. So answer this. How could a kid who was abandoned by his dead beat, drunken bum of a sire, mother remmarried to another one that wasn't any better than the first, lived for a time on food stamps/welfare end up going to college at HARVARD????? Where did the money come from for his collage education?If it makes you feel any better, I didn't like Clinton either. :)

It is said that, after some years, China is projected to overtake the US as #1 in GDP. I don't know how likely it is for the US to stop that. As of now, it looks like it will take some major events to stop that process. What is going to happen is anybody's guess.

I'm not sure who all has heard about this as it seems to be almost untouched by mainstream media, but Canada and the US signed an agreement on Feb. 4, 2011 to form the Regulatory Cooperation Council or RCC. This council has been formed to promote cooperation between US and Canadian policy makers to form "compatible" regulations on border law, economic law and even security and military regulations.This council has been given very strong political backing by both nations and in my opinion looks like the first step in the future formation of a North American Union similar to the European Union. Both President Obama and Prime Minister Harper have denied that this agreement will affect the sovereignty of either nation however I do not understand how making Canadian and American regulations "compatible" will do anything other that help to integrate both countries into some form of united government.This agreement will supposedly improve economic growth in both countries and most of all create a more secure North American continent. Makes me think of this famous quote..."They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."-Benjamin FranklinTry googling about the RCC and let me know what you all think. It scares the crap out of me! :unsure:

what do i think? it's way too early to tell. with the u.s. economy going as it has been, i think it benefits the u.s. more. i really haven't heard much about it though nor do i even know if there has even been any council meetings to even see where this thing is going. if you have any links that tells more about it, let me know and post them here. is mexico a part of this? this seems like an extention of nafta to me but i really have no clue to tell you the truth....i don't know why your scared to death. can you give me reasons why this scares you to death? do you know something i don't(which is very little)? doesn't sound like anyone's sovernties or liberties are being compromised. i could be mistaken. it's just way too early for me to even give an opinion....

i don't know why your scared to death. can you give me reasons why this scares you to death? do you know something i don't(which is very little)? doesn't sound like anyone's sovernties or liberties are being compromised. i could be mistaken. it's just way too early for me to even give an opinion....

I am not exactly sure how to explain why this scares me. It has alot to do with mistrust of the American government I guess. You see here in Canada our government is very close with the American government but the Canadian people as a whole seem to distrust the American government. Why do Canadians distrust the American government? Well there are many reasons for this. For example going back quite a while to the first implementation of NAFTA. The NAFTA agreement was supposed to benefit Canadians, Americans, and Mexicans equally by providing a means for companies of all 3 countries to do business across borders with reduced regulations and trade restrictions thus providing increased profits. This seemed like a good idea to everyone at first. The truth however is that due to American economic dominance in North America, the bulk of benefits went to the US. As a matter of fact the NAFTA agreement caused price increases here in Canada for gas, oil, fresh produce, electronics, and many other consumer goods we cannot go without. The opposite effect occurred in the US directly following the agreement.

Another example of why Canadians mistrust the American government is the attack on Iraq under the false flag of the threat of weapons of mass destruction. As we all now know there were no WOMD in Iraq and the US is now basically occupying Iraq and have seized control of that oil market in the process. This is a big one for us here in Canada and even our own military leaders have criticized the American government for this.

As for civil liberties being compromised, well in the US over the past 10 years since 9/11, many of the American people's civil liberties have been trampled in the name of increased security. The Patriot Act for example allows US governmental agents to literally strip an American citizen of his rights if they feel that the person may be involved in terrorist activity. Although I have no love for terrorists, this opens the door for these agents to do as they please with total disregard of the American people's rights. All that is required is for them to simply state that they believed this person to have been connected to a terror cell. And worse these agents answer to no one!

Canada has the unique perspective of being closely tied to the US while still remaining an outside observer. We watch the same news programs and TV stations but also have our own news programs and TV stations. This gives us the opportunity to see what the American media is saying about certain events, while also seeing a second opinion of sorts. In most cases our media in Canada has a totally different perspective on events and as a result causes us to form our own opinions. We wonder who is telling the truth? Everyone knows that much of what we see on TV is designed to promote support for certain political agendas. Oh and by the way, the US senate usually deals with international trade treaties and regulatory alignment. In this case, the senate was not even involved!

By making Canadian and American laws more "compatible" we are basically taking the first steps toward the US takeover of Canada at least in my opinion. Mexico was not included in this agreement and again that raises concerns about the real motives here. Also the lack of media coverage on the subject scares me. Why would such a historic agreement between our countries be so secretive? Why is it that most people don't even know about this even though it happened 2 months ago? It is obvious to me that there is a reason why the media has not spoken much about this, they were probably asked not to discuss it by the powers that be. The American people are close to almost outright rebellion, the Canadian people are tired of being pushed around by big brother USA, this information would not help either of those situations so it was not shared by many media outlets in Canada or the US.

If you would like some links to more info on the subject here are a few. Some of the sites see this in a good light while others don't but seeing both sides of the picture might help you form your own opinion on this.

http://www.tradelawyersblog.com/blog/article/canada-and-united-states-announce-creation-of-regulatory-cooperation-council/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
https://mylogicoftruth.wordpress.com/tag/united-states-canada-regulatory-cooperation-council-rcc/
http://pushbacknow.net/tag/united-states-canada-regulatory-cooperation-council/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

ok. that makes sense then. you are anti usa. you don't trust us. i don't blame ya. my saying goes though is if candadians don't trust someone, don't get in to agreements at all with that someone.i don't really see how the u.s. government is trying to take over canada. i don't see it. i really don't.as far as it not being in the media, i watched something about this on the news. i forget when, but it didn't sound like anything too important only because there really wasn't much information on it. i believe it it had something to do with trade and making it easier to cross the borders which is why i thought it was just another extention of nafta. haven't really heard much about it since. so i don't know why you are saying it was some secret deal here.i did say that it seems to benefit the u.s. more only because our economy is in shambles at the moment and there really isn't anywhere we can go but up. but that didn't have to do with me believing that it wouldn't benefit canada, in fact, i really don't know ANYTHING about this thing.if i was canadian, i may be feeling the same way probably but you really didn't explain anything about this rcc thing. all you did was tell stories about the history of the u.s.. obviously the u.s. is a bigger country and nation and there are many advantages to that. i could try to argue all your points to where it wasn't as one sided, but it's really pointless to do so since i was only asking about this rcc thing.i will visit those links. hopefully there is some usefull information in them so i can respond better. this is an interesting topic to me only because i feel canada and the u.s. should have been working together all along.

Anti-USA? LOLNo I am not anti-USA although after re-reading what I had written... yeah it does look that way. Honestly I don't have any personal hatred toward USA at all, in fact I live in a Canada-USA border city and see and speak to American people every day. (Maybe my point of view is somewhat skewed to that of other Canadians due to this fact and I think I made some generalizations that were probably not very accurate.)I did express that I have a hard time explaining how I feel on the subject and I don't think I got my true feelings across quite the way I wanted to. I will have to reorganize my thoughts on the subject and maybe later I will start a new thread on the topic with a better explanation.

ok. i read all the links. i think it explains a little more about this thing although it seems that there is a lot of confusion to what this thing really is. some people are going so far as to say it will create the super state of the 21st century. then i read how america is the biggest terrorist nation in the world. sorting through all that crap to get to the nuts and bolts of this thing was difficult and really didn't say a lot more than i already heard before.now as far as your post, it did come out anti usa haha and that was kinda supported when i read a line from one of the links you sent me to that called the usa the biggest terrorist country in the world.now since there wasn't that much information to go on here besides the basic opinions of the article writer who probably know as much about this rcc thing as i do, all i can do right now is express my own opinion.after 9-11, the u.s. boosted security in this country and stricter admission in to this country and even for those who just wanted to leave on vacation. they implemented a division call homeland security which in my opinion lessened the liberties and right of the american people. pretty much the same thing that has been happening slowing ever since this country was founded. the united states originally was considered to be one state connected to all the other states. if you were a citizen of one, you were a citizen of all. after our 14th amendment was created however, our beloved united states(one state uniting with another) became the United States. notice i rarely capitalize anything, but in this instance and even in our constitution, the spelling changed. slowly after our civil war when the north won over the south, although slavery was ended and our 14th amendment gave them equal rights, it was the beginning of corporate america and the word United states had a whole other meaning to describe our government rather than the people who lived here or the states that wanted their own sovereignty.now with that being said, one of the greatest risks canada faces is is the agreement to share in the security threats. with homeland security taking away some liberties and rights, i feel i have to agree to a certain extent that there is a possibility that canada will lose some of their sovereignty. but to open up the border more loosly, there HAS to be an agreement on security measures and how we will handle security threats since they will become more apparent when we loosen up the borders. you can't have one without the other and there has to be some sort of fair compromise. not just with canada, but more with the united states to actually protect canada's sovereignty.there was talk about how big businesses were controlling this whole rcc thing. i disagree only because i feel maybe everything wasn't being talked about openly as everyone would have liked to prevent big business in getting their hands and feet in to this deal and would allow our president to ignore special interest groups that run rampant here in the united states. from that standpoint, i am glad there hasn't been much information revealed. leaking out too much information too soon could also create a security threat to both countries. i don't like being kept in the dark, but the alternative scares me a little because this rcc thing could end before it even got started.like i said before, i think canada and the u.s. should have been working together all along in implementing a system for trade and border crossing that could not only benefit the government and the economy, but businesses and casual travelers. if we are going to embark on this journey, i would also like to see a common currency which i haven't even seen that being talked about in regards to the rcc. that along with cutting tarrifs would create A LOT more money in the hands of both citizens to spend more freely which would in turn help both economies.i have a hard time really giving an opinion myself when i don't even know any of the facts. they said there would be a two year mandate to work out the solutions. they also said that they would have 90 days to convene their first meeting. has this meeting taken place yet? if not, they have less than 30 days.i have to say though, i don't see this plan as a u.s. takeover at all. the reason why i say this is that there will be the same rules and regulations for both countries. it just has to be agreed upon what they will be. when there is a takeover in progress, there are two different sets of rules. one usually benefits one side more than the other. with the implementation of the rcc, this isn't happening(at least i don't think it is. it would be wrong to proceed that way).for me, i will have to see how things start and begin to progress before i have any real opinion. to talk about just the possibilities, both for and against will do no good in my opinion.i love canada. i always wanted to visit. what makes the two countries great are the people who live in it. not the government or the president or the prime minister. it's the people. and with the people making the countries so great, we also have the opportunity to elect officials to have a voice on our behalf. it's not a perfect system by far, but it's the best system. sometimes we just have to trust in the people we elect until there is something not to trust about them. in a lot of ways, we don't have a choice. i hate not having a choice, but it's how the system is governed. canada came a very long way to gain their own sovereignty. so i know how important it is to keep it.but let me let you in on a little secret that if you weren't terrified before, you will be. the u.s. wont take away your sovereignty. your own government will do that. history repeats itself. i know what government can do to limit sovereignty because it happened here already in the u.s.. i also know it's inevitable under your current political system which actually made canada a "free" country originally. even if canada had no ties with any other country, canada WILL lose part of their liberties and freedoms. this is another reason why i feel this plan is not being talked about too much publicly yet. it can create cival unrest and has the potential to create wars. this is what the united stated fought so feverishly for with lots of blood shed in our revolutionary war.i do know one thing. i can't accept anything that benefits me over someone else and if there is a chance that canada is losing it's sovereignty over and agreement that the united states made, i would be the first one in this country to stand up for your rights. i have to trust that our president and the people who will be governing the rcc wont allow that to happen right now. it's when people become lax over time in an agreement where other greedy people come in to try and dominate what was once a fair compromise. it's certainly something to always be aware of....especially with big businesses.anyway, that's part of my take. i really don't know what to say on this matter but tried my best to give my own opinion which i am sure, i left out a few things.....

now as far as your post, it did come out anti usa haha and that was kinda supported when i read a line from one of the links you sent me to that called the usa the biggest terrorist country in the world.

Yes the one link did seem to be almost like a conspiracy theorist site and did have an almost anti-USA tone, but unfortunately it seems that most only crazies like this are willing to talk much about the RCC other than the very short and uninformative articles released by mainstream media who seem to want not to talk about it much at all. I know that not much stock should be put into articles from these type of people but I just wanted to make sure that the links I provided had a duality of opinions even if one of them came from some crazies. lol

The thing is that I think the Canadian government is not willing to look at the big picture here.(looking for a quick fix) Our government is making this deal without ANY support from the Canadian people. As Canadians we expect that the laws, regulations, treaties and pretty much any governmental decisions are an extension of the wishes of the majority of citizens in our country.(same for Americans I would bet) When a major decision is being made in our country we expect to see the issue discussed openly in our parliament which gives us the opportunity to speak to our local member of parliament and have our voices as citizens heard. These MP's are supposed to then bring the opinions of the citizens within their riding to the discussion in parliament. This deal was not discussed openly, our voices as citizens were not heard because we were not informed about it in the first place. Yes this deal could potentially cause major civil unrest here but the fact that our democratic system has been entirely omitted here is equally as dangerous. Equally disturbing to me is the fact that in the US the senate usually deals with trade deals and in this case the senate was not consulted at all. It is a break down of democratic practice in both countries. Since neither the US media or the Canadian media is mentioning much about this it almost seems like the two governments are trying to sweep the entire issue under the rug. Which again begs the question why? Why was this deal made without public knowledge until after the fact? Why were the democratic practices in both countries skipped? This is the real reason the deal scares me. To be honest if Canada were to join with the US in some way I don't think that is a major problem since our countries are probably the most compatible countries in the world today. I would be sad to see another nations flag flying over Canada yes but if I had to choose a county to join with, USA would be my choice and most Canadians would probably feel the same.

Partial loss of Canadian sovereignty is a possibility here but I don't think that is the real danger here. The breakdown of the democratic system that has already occurred in the signing of this deal poses a threat to both of our nations in my opinion. I can understand that our governments maybe were trying to protect against the treat of this deal causing civil unrest but did that give the leaders of our countries the right to skip over the democratic processes in both countries? What kind of precedent is that setting for future leaders of our countries?

I'm not a political expert by any means by the way. As a matter of fact I have only just started taking an interest in such things over the last year or two so maybe my fears are unfounded. Still something isn't right here and I think if others knew more about it many other people would agree.