xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Sixth Sense, A New Invention Will Turn Our Life Up Side Down...

i found this interesting video on facebook, and i wanted to share it with you. it is about an Indian genius guy who invents a technology called SIXTH SENSE. simply it is a wearable device that allows to interact between our physical world and the digital world.

it is so amazing invention, and if everyone could use it then i think our life will be easier and more interesting. don't miss it, at any cost.

http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mistry_the_thrilling_potential_of_sixthsense_technology

i don't want to burst your bubble, but this isn't a FIR. it was already posted about last year. but i agree. the technology is amazing after seeing a few videos on what the technology was all about.

i don't want to burst your bubble, but this isn't a FIR. it was already posted about last year. but i agree. the technology is amazing after seeing a few videos on what the technology was all about.

really?? :(
i thought it is a new news, for me this is the first time i hear about it. and i will hope that they are many like me who didn't hear about it before. and sorry for the old news guys :) .

really?? :( i thought it is a new news, for me this is the first time i hear about it. and i will hope that they are many like me who didn't hear about it before. and sorry for the old news guys :) .

Haha, you thought it was "new" news :D Anyways, your wish has come true -- I didn't know about it. So, thanks for telling me the news :P And whats up with the twisty title... not some kind of new movie trailer right? But I think this is one of those "flop" designs... not one of the things that is going to get used for a long time, but rather the kind of thing that "sets the path" for more advances to follow.

Well I dont know because before buy a thing like that I?d want to know the riskies and with devices like this that works with the brain maybe that guy has not being using and testing a lot time ago and in some way we can get damaged or get a disease using devices like that.I think that the physical interaction will be a great industry and will turn funnier our lives and maybe with this invention in the future we will have a lot of oportunities including (I hope) Know what is thinking another person. This will make us superpowerful and the life will be very funny. I always have fantasy with this type of devices but I didn?t know that in the actuality certain type of devices like you present had being designed and builded.Maybe someday we can use a device to know what is thinking a guy trougth a computer...Bye.

Well I dont know because before buy a thing like that I´d want to know the riskies and with devices like this that works with the brain maybe that guy has not being using and testing a lot time ago and in some way we can get damaged or get a disease using devices like that.
I think that the physical interaction will be a great industry and will turn funnier our lives and maybe with this invention in the future we will have a lot of oportunities including (I hope) Know what is thinking another person. This will make us superpowerful and the life will be very funny. I always have fantasy with this type of devices but I didn´t know that in the actuality certain type of devices like you present had being designed and builded.

Maybe someday we can use a device to know what is thinking a guy trougth a computer...

Bye.

oh, this is scary. remind me not to be online with you in the future if such a device exists :P it will be more dangerous than funny i guess. if you could know what others are thinking you may use what you know against them or interfere in their life which mostly will bring troubles worse than it is. because the reality is only few people could do nothing or at least say nothing if they know certain things about others.

Wow! Ok, ya'll know I don't get out much, but this is news to me too! That was a pretty wild video clip, thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard anything about this kind of technoligy. Just to be honest, I think it's just a little scary. It could be years and years down the road, and the damage could already be done to our bodies with these kinds of interfaces. But it's still pretty cool to think about. Sort of like watching science fiction coming to life for real.

glade to know that most of you guys didn't hear about this technology before, so it is a news-fir for you :) .and i agree with fermin25 and sheepdog about the damage that may this new technology bring. because i do believe that each new invention has his bad side effects that may show up sooner or later. and especially to such new technology that may emits some kind of rays that may harm our body in the long run.

I knew about this earlier too and hey, didn't someone else post about this before? I'm too lazy to search and I can't remember. Oh well :P This technology sounds exciting and although it's very easy to spot out what can go wrong with it, let's focus on the good part for now so that we can discover useful things to do with it.

This technology sounds exciting and although it's very easy to spot out what can go wrong with it, let's focus on the good part for now so that we can discover useful things to do with it.

Gee, you sound like Nancy Pelosie, "let's pass this huge health care bill so we can find out what's in it." :rolleyes:

Really, it would be a big mistake to jump into something like this without some consideration for safty. What happens 10 years down the road if it's discoverd that the interfaces are a cancer causing problem? Call me a cautious old foggy, but all this new stuff scares the daylights out of me.

Gee, you sound like Nancy Pelosie, "let's pass this huge health care bill so we can find out what's in it." :rolleyes:
Really, it would be a big mistake to jump into something like this without some consideration for safty. What happens 10 years down the road if it's discoverd that the interfaces are a cancer causing problem? Call me a cautious old foggy, but all this new stuff scares the daylights out of me.

We're already using similar technology with Xbox kinnect and other motion sensor based virtual reality kit. Some are even based on brainmapping. None of them have made any impact on our health and has nothing to do with any issues with rays and eyes or etc. So by referring to what medical files or reviews you are saying that it's related to cancer ? people can come up with such during start but seriously, unless proved things are guilty and we can't take it down based on our fear that comes from misinformation.

Using a cell phone will not make your brain explode. We know that now. Playing Wii may not give you cancer. Today. But as I said, what about 10 or 20 years from now? You can't claim a product is safe after short periods of useage. Look at all the sugar substitutes that have come and gone over the years, use them for years and then decide they cause cancer so they come up with a new one. How many new drugs have come out in recent years, only to be recalled later for one reason or another. I'm just saying we have no idea what these products will do with long time useage.

We're using mobiles for more than 16 years so far and there is not any side effects seen from it. Psychological ? yes there are. For example, people hear ring-tones or ring even after phone is close or shut down or is dead. Psychological side effects are likely to be there for almost any thing. Stay without your cat for 1 week or so, you start miss something and your normal behavior will change. Psychological behavior is based on subconscious practices and objects around us and we can't change that type of effects no matter how we stay away from things. We stay away from one box just to get trapped in another. Motion sensors are safe and there is no harm to humans even after long term. But you'll find psychological effect on your brain for example, playing games for say 4-8 hours will definitely change your behavior pattern. That is the only drawback that i see with almost man-made or objects in nature to which human gets attracted and stick for longer time.

Very good info. For me is also "new news" because is the first time I see this device workinkg so thanks: DStill I can't imagine myself wearing that device, hehe, but well.Maybe in a few years theres not going to be so weird go out dressing like that.