xisto Community
FiReStOrM

Abortion Should it be abolished?

Should abortion be abolished?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think abortion should remain illegal even up to now. The person undergoing abortion would be morally liable for her action. I think it is still murder because it is done deliberately and with the consent of the person. It's stupid when people do it because they feel like they're not ready or that the child is unwanted when there are those rape victims who still chose to have the baby. They might be tempted to get rid of the baby but they stood up for it and sometimes the children ended up to be good citizens.

I personally think abortion should be legalized. Within a certain amount of gestation time. It's not exactly murder if the fetus isn't fully formed. Either way it should be the mother's decision. It is her baby after all. And In some cases it might be better. Consider if the mother is not fully functional or psycho (I don't know what to put down for that), mentally unstable and is not capable of having a baby. Not just after birth because she could choose adoption but during her pregnancy. She shouldn't have to have her baby just because people (strangers!) think abortion is morally wrong!

I do not believe in abortion. I have reasons on that. Mainly it is because of my religion. I think that abortion should be taken a little more serious and straiten up a few things.First I think that they should define a couple things about it first. Like if it is murder or not. I thik that it is murder myself. Because if you do not eat the baby will bie. And in order ofr something to die it neede to be alive at one point in time.I do not approve of abortion being legal but nothing i going to change on it. Mainly becaise of the fact that even if it was not legal women would still find ways of gettinig the baby aborted. That was what happened when it was illegal before and that is what would happen again. So there needs to be a crack down on the laws about abortion.Lastly I think that the notifacations should be fixed on abortion. I think that a parent needs to know that their daughter is going to have an abortion. Under certian cercumstances though I think that there is no reason for the parent to know that there daughter is going to have an abortion. For example of a father rapes his daughter and the daughter becomes pregnant and mother is either dead or divorced and away that the fauther has to know that is daughter is going to get an abortion. I personally think that is a waste of tiime.Abortion is a touchy subject. People go both ways on it and it is hard to make a decision on it. Laws surrounding defenitely need to be buffed upped and made a litlle more clear so that the people that are going to get this done know what they are. And also government needs to step in and try to prevent people from having ti make the decision if they need an abortion or not. Because if we can cut down the sex before marriage and other reason why people are getting abortions then I think that we will have les of them.

My answer for that is, no, it shouldn't be abolished.Abortion should be legal if the foetus is found to have some abnormalities like down syndrome and spinal bifida. It's a burden to the parents and to the community to raise a child with down syndrome, and I believe the child would rather not live at all, because of the bad post-natal quality of life.Also the child might be brought up in a loveless environment if the parents don't want the child. Yes you could put the child up for adoption but i am sure you know what's the problem behind that.Some people are also conceived after being rape. It's not their choice to be raped or get pregnant so they should be given the option to abort the foetus.There are also illnesses during pregnancy that can kill the mother, and in such situation, abortion is necessary. Pre-eclampsia and more severe eclampsia can kill both mother and foetus and keeping the foetus is suicidal.

Should it be abolished? You know what? That's really hard to say. To be honest, I am anti-abortion, but in some cases, it may be necessary to abort the baby. It MAY be necessary. I'm not saying it is total necessary without question, but I guess I have to be a bit "open-minded" per se. I see it as murder if it has to do with the mother not wanting to take care of the child or if the mother can't give the baby the "love" it deserves. I understand that it's the mother's decision to abort the baby (which I understand is a fetus when inside the mother's womb), and it really doesn't matter what several people think about what is to be done, but if babies are being aborted just for the sake of being aborted, is this no better than a man being shot in the head, or a kid being killed in a forest? Are these not "premediated"? I digress.

Should it be abolished? You know what? That's really hard to say. To be honest, I am anti-abortion, but in some cases, it may be necessary to abort the baby. It MAY be necessary. I'm not saying it is total necessary without question, but I guess I have to be a bit "open-minded" per se. I see it as murder if it has to do with the mother not wanting to take care of the child or if the mother can't give the baby the "love" it deserves. I understand that it's the mother's decision to abort the baby (which I understand is a fetus when inside the mother's womb), and it really doesn't matter what several people think about what is to be done, but if babies are being aborted just for the sake of being aborted, is this no better than a man being shot in the head, or a kid being killed in a forest? Are these not "premediated"? I digress.

141383[/snapback]

people tried to have a 13 year old foster girl give birth after she was raped in florida. that's going too far. They said she wasn't capable of making decsions, which was dumb. Eventually though, with the help of some organizations she was allowed to have the abortion.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the whole arguement about making abortion illegal. Afterall Religion has no place in politics, and it should not be brought into the whole abortion arguement. It is the woman who has to carry the baby for many months, why should she not have the right to chose what happens to her body? I don't understand the whole arguement about cutting down on sex before marriage. Not everyone in this world follows the same religion, thus your arguement no longer pertains to this topic anymore. its a touchy subject, but there are cirumstances where it is definatly better to abort than to have the baby.

The only question when it comes to medical care should be the wishes of the respective individual because it is thier life that is going to be impacted the most. I believe in the importance of individual freedoms to make thier own descisions. When is comes to abortion the only life that should be discussed is that of the mother because that is the person who has to bear the direct consequences. It's not easy to go through with an abortion for a woman and they should be supprted if they make that descision. All this discsion about pro life and rights of a featus confuse me. I believe in what is in front of me right now. the people around us today are the ones that are most important. why would you force someone to change their life by having a child if they did not want to? I do believe in good counselling and that everyone should be safe as much as possible.

ALso I agree- religion has no place in politics. In my opinion a lot of the religios dogma is outdated as well. take the abortion debate. religion is pro life, organised religion says that abortion is murder and against christianity so there fore it is bad. but its a funny logic. why is it notreligion is prolife, therefore organised religion is pro abortion because they are for the empowerment and future life of women? confuses me. you can be pro life either way. organised religion should be updated.

My answer for that is, no, it shouldn't be abolished.

Abortion should be legal if the foetus is found to have some abnormalities like down syndrome and spinal bifida. It's a burden to the parents and to the community to raise a child with down syndrome, and I believe the child would rather not live at all, because of the bad post-natal quality of life.

Also the child might be brought up in a loveless environment if  the parents don't want the child. Yes you could put the child up for adoption but i am sure you know what's the problem behind that.

Some people are also conceived after being rape. It's not their choice to be raped or get pregnant so they should be given the option to abort the foetus.

There are also illnesses during pregnancy that can kill the mother, and in such situation, abortion is necessary. Pre-eclampsia and more severe eclampsia can kill both mother and foetus and keeping the foetus is suicidal.

67385[/snapback]

I suppose you'll argue as well that we should kill off all people over 60 since they're a burden on society as well?

Before Roe vs. Wade abortion was allowed in rare cases such as endangerment of the mother's life or rape, but again those cases are rare. Trying to say abortion should be legalized because of such rare events is simply skirting the real issue since such cases were allowed before abortion was legalized anyway.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the whole arguement about making abortion illegal. Afterall Religion has no place in politics, and it should not be brought into the whole abortion arguement. It is the woman who has to carry the baby for many months, why should she not have the right to chose what happens to her body?

I don't understand the whole arguement about cutting down on sex before marriage. Not everyone in this world follows the same religion, thus your arguement no longer pertains to this topic anymore.

its a touchy subject, but there are cirumstances where it is definatly better to abort than to have the baby.

151224[/snapback]

Religions like Christianity say it's wrong to murder, if we take away all laws supporting religion of any form then that means there can be no laws preventing anything a religion says is murder, correct?

i think abortion should remain leagal. i say that if someone wants to do it let them do it. its their kid. besides it is better than someone just leaving a baby outside some place where it will die. just because abortion wasn't an option to them. i would say abortion is better than that.