xisto Community
FiReStOrM

Abortion Should it be abolished?

Should abortion be abolished?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally feel that abortion should NOT be abolished!!Imagine a situation where a person forced to have a child goes through it and has a child, what guarantees the fact that she won't abandon the kid once she has it? what do we then, blame each other, the government or the mother? She didn't want to have the kid in the first place because she knew she could not take care of it. Another situation can be that the child gets raised in a violent & angry manner because the mother does/did not want anything to do with the kid. Sometimes an honest couple who want children in the future can't afford kids so they choose abortion.Also, we cannot forget the rape victims, mother in danger scenarios too. How can you possibly even think of putting a 13 year old rape victim behind bars JUST because she aborted a baby that she never PLANNED? would you let a mother die just because she contemplated aborting the child to save her life? It is extremely easy for us all to say that abortion is bad and so on. Now to tackle a problem we usually go to the root of the problem which in this case is IGNORANCE. All of our religions tells us that abortion is bad and so on but has it once told us how we end up killing the child? Because more than half the teens have no idea about protection they end up getting pregnant. So before abolishing abortion abolish ignorance which reduces the number of abortions thus letting the "right" woman have the choice.Because whether we abolish it or not, there are still going to be many unwanted children & many more illegal clinics. So tackle the roots by educating the kids because they are interested in doing it rather reading the Holy Scriptures. The age old cliche "Prevention is better than cure" needs to practiced the most for youngsters of this age :P

it is Murder Abortion

When Those too people have sex. That baby is Formed. Those little infants can not speak for themselves scrue the mom it is the fact that, that baby is comeing into this world. God wanted it to. The Mother(carrier) is there to protect the Fetus. You can not say ohh well the mother has to go through all the pain and all the embarrassment. Just think that baby can not tell yo no I do not want to be aborted I want to live. If you do not want to have to make this decision than don't have sex. Easy as that abortion is Bad, and Kills Living People. Once they have intercourse the baby is alive and growing every second! 

-reply by bridget

Abortion should be IllegalAbortionI am against abortion!So all those who have abortion are those who just want to get laid and do not want to handle the consequences. Yeah there are exception like rape and incest. But besides that all those who have abortions are little girls who run away from a BABY who just wants to live and have a life like the carrier has but way different.Now I am aunt to be. My sister could of decided on abortion either way the dad is not involved and she is still in school. But instead she is facing her consequence like a woman should do!That is my opinion and it will never change-reply by Audrey

Abortion is sometimes neccessary.At present time , the laws in my country accept abortion if the fetus is not older then 3 months! after that they say it's already getting shaped up and that represents the border between Abortion and MURDER. I think it's an appropriate law , I wouldn't like it to be completely ilegal but not completely Legal. Think what would mean to kill a 7,8 months fetus , it hurts even when I'm just imagining it. As many know abortion is made practically by some kind of vacuum and the child is beeing sucked out IN PIECES after beeing killed and decomposed inside.It's a terryfing process for the mother and .. deadly for the one inside :|. I once had a friend a few years back who made 3 abortions. That's unlikely for a 19 years old girl but she had no reason of lying to me.Even now after a few years the can't talk about it , it's too hard and I understand why.On the other hand sometimes abortions is necessary. Think about some random 16 girl who gets pregnant at an early age , No Income , No stable boyfriend. What's she supposed to do ? How would she be able to raise that child on her own ? The finnancial problem is just one aspect of the problem , think about the rest , she would give up her life at the age of just 16 , in cases like this abortion is absolutelly necessary.As someone said before religion does have an important role in abortion related laws , but in the end it's not up to them!. These days we have so many protection methods against pregnancy that mainly you have to be retarded in order to get pregnant accidentally. Pills are the easyest way , they're cheap 99,99% effective and the feeling is much more intense.

Edited by Strikee (see edit history)

first of all, there is no borderline murder when an abortion takes place even at 9 months. you have to be a citizen of any country to be subject to any rights or any laws that protect ones rights. just because a fetus is developed...and maybe even cinsidered a human being, doesn't mean that fetus is a citizen. they become a citizen when they are born.

now i personally don't like the idea of abortion and women are just careless, ignorant, and irresponsible to get pregnant just to have an abortion....even if they were raped. one of the many purposes of women in life is to pro create and use their bodies as a host for a fetus to develop. at the same time, i believe women should have rights to their own body with no exception. if abortion was illegal, you would literally be taking a woman's right away to her own body. when that happens, it just like bringing back slavery.

the only reason there is any debate against abortion is mainly because of religious reasons and the soul or spirit that inhabits even a growing fetus. but all their arguements are MUTE because you aren't killing a soul or spirit. you are only killing a host and anyone who believes in reincarnation will obviously believe that child will be reborn.

but i do believe that women need to stop being irresponsible with their bodies. if you want a child, then there is no abortion debate. if not, then get your tubes tied. you can always get them untied. rape is never a good excuse for getting an abortion because any excuses or reasons would be selfish ones. just like the many parents who selfishly have children. they aren't thinking of the unborn child, they are thinking of themselves.

so i am against abortion, BUT i am also against taking away woman's rights since their purpose in life is not just to bear children. and for some, bearing children could in effect take away the woman's purpose in life and who she is meant to be her own self. having a child is a 20 year and longer distraction. i don't believe in foster care either. it's a shame women give up their child or are irresponsible in helping to create a life that they don't want to be a part of.

in some respects of what i believe in seeing so many unwanted children, it's just SICKENING....and the woman holds the key to it all...

Abortion is sometimes neccessary.At present time , the laws in my country accept abortion if the fetus is not older then 3 months! after that they say it's already getting shaped up and that represents the border between Abortion and MURDER.

1. This is one of the most cretinous, myopic things I have read in a while. Even though a woman's body may be designed to bear children, that in no way implies a requirement to do so, much less as a result of unprovoked circumstances such as rape. I take it you would hold a much different view if your wife or daughter were the ones placed in such a situation. I question whether you could imagine such a thing: A person you love comes home beaten and bloodied from a violent rape and then, by that logic, they should be forced to bear the child because that's one of the things their body was designed to do. Nevermind the fact that the person might barely make a enough of a living to sustain themselves, much less a child.

And if you were going to argue such a mindless point, it could be argued with equal merit that one of the many "purposes" of a man is to support/provide for his family, which is not the case with rape.

2. I am not a religious person, but many religions consider the body to be sacred, or consider the act of killing (legal or otherwise) to be sinful or dishonorable. The number of religions falling into these categories greatly exceeds the number of religions that believe in some form of reincarnation. Therefore, even though I'm not religious myself, I recognize that many would not consider the argument to be without value (or as you said, "mute") on a religious ground.

[1] ...women are just careless, ignorant, and irresponsible to get pregnant just to have an abortion....even if they were raped. one of the many purposes of women in life is to pro create and use their bodies as a host for a fetus to develop...
[2] the only reason there is any debate against abortion is mainly because of religious reasons and the soul or spirit that inhabits even a growing fetus. but all their arguements are MUTE because you aren't killing a soul or spirit. you are only killing a host and anyone who believes in reincarnation will obviously believe that child will be reborn.

illegal??Abortion

Sometimes making something illegal doesn't make the situation go away. None the less its the woman's responsibility to have the child at her own cost for having sex. She did that to herself and should pay for the consequences for it. In other situations it would be reasonable to have an abortion because the mother might die or the fetus. Its barbaric to kill a child.Its the same thing as murdering.

-reply by Dezree

I don' think the situation is so black and white, It is far to complicated for that, thus the topic has become more of a Grey area.

My personal view is that casual abortion attributed to promiscuous behavior is murder. After all the bible says children are a blessing from God. If there was a rape or the mother's health is at risk to survive the pregnancy it becomes more of a Grey area.

In the bible it says you shall not murder, but capital punishment in the bible is not considered murder, also when you kill someone in self defense it is not murder. I think that abortion should really be the last option after exhausting all the other options. I think a valid case might be a woman/girl who has been raped and cannot love that baby because of what the father did.

So abortion can both be non murder and it can also be murder if you do it for the wrong reasons. I think great prayer and meditation while studying the bible is needed when a woman goes through this so that she does not live with guilt. The bible also says that the children will bear the sins of their parents and with abortion this means that the child is paying for the sins of the parents even before being born .