xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SeanKelly

How To Block Spotify On Your Network

There may be many reasons why you want to block the Spotify platform from your network; the main usage that it can be used for is to block it while you are playing on PSN or XBL (gaming platforms), this is to prevent lag by Spotify and allow you to have a flawless gaming experience.How to block Spotify, block outgoing and incoming ports 4070 on your router.(Spotify's IP address is 78.31.8.19, if required)Other IP addresses to block on the router's firewall are:Address: 78.31.8.14Address: 78.31.8.15Address: 78.31.8.16Address: 78.31.8.17Address: 78.31.8.18Address: 78.31.8.30Address: 78.31.8.146(They all belong to Spotify's servers)

The problem I am having is that I have two PCs within my house, one wireless and the other isn't of course, the problem is that I am using the wireless pc and my sister is using the main pc which has the program spotify installed on it. I have block access to the spotify web page but it seems although someone is sending her the installation file over msn or something. Is there any way I could stop this program from working altogether? I tryed telling her to uninstall it but she is stubborn. Also she hasn't unblocked the website because she doesn't know how to do that. any guides on how to block it would be appreciated.