xisto Community
xXGlitterXx

Can You Get A Domain Name Just For This? Not really sure I can get a domain name, web hosting, etc.

:unsure: ok, I'm a guest and I signed up and want to check this out. If you're an active member, and an always poster, awesome! Because I have questions. 1. Will I get my own domain name (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) just for free if I post here regularly and get those virtual coins? 2. Is this a professional webhosting site? 3. How many virtual coins do I get for this post? Is it simple? 4. Does it take long? How many posts should I make to get my own free domain name? :huh: Thankyou if you've understood and have an answer to my questions. :unsure: I'm new so I'm doubting a lot. I want my own websitewith my own domain name without using a single cent so please make a reply! :)

1. Will I get my own domain name (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) just for free if I post here regularly and get those virtual coins?

Yes. You earn myCENTs for your posts. Every so often these get converted into credit in your billing account. To make sure this happens, sign up for a billing account at https://support.xisto.com/ using the same email address you use for your forum account. When the credited balance appears in your billing account, you can spend it on domains and hosting. You can also top your account up using other methods such as credit cards.

2. Is this a professional webhosting site?

Yes. The hosting is the same as that offered by https://xisto.com/ - you're just paying your invoices differently.

3. How many virtual coins do I get for this post? Is it simple?

It depends on the length, quality and popularity of your post. After a while you get a feel for how many you'll earn from each post. Note that you need to have a billing account and make 5 posts before it will calculate them.

4. Does it take long? How many posts should I make to get my own free domain name? :huh:

This depends on the length and quality of your posts. Most people earn a few dollars every few days, and domains cost around $10 for one year.

:unsure: ok, I'm a guest and I signed up and want to check this out. If you're an active member, and an always poster, awesome! Because I have questions.

1. Will I get my own domain name (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) just for free if I post here regularly and get those virtual coins?
2. Is this a professional webhosting site?
3. How many virtual coins do I get for this post? Is it simple?
4. Does it take long? How many posts should I make to get my own free domain name? :huh:

Thankyou if you've understood and have an answer to my questions. :unsure: I'm new so I'm doubting a lot. I want my own website
with my own domain name without using a single cent so please make a reply! :)

hi xXGlitterXx, welcome here as a member of Xisto. if you want a free hosting and a domain name then you are in the right place. even with some mess in here :) because the forum is still not working smoothly because the mycent system is still in beta, but we are eventually getting our mycent that allows us to support our free hosting and domain name.

so don't have any doubts, this is a professional site that gives you a free hosting and a domain name just for posting here. BUT you should first sign up in xisto.com with exactly the same email you used for signing up for the forums, and start posting.

after a few posts, your mycent will start to appear and every 1$ will be added to your account in xisto and will be shown here in your profile just for you. when you could collect at least 2$ from your mycent then you could get your free hosting ( this is the cost of logic plan- the minimum cost for a free hosting, there are more of hosting plans but they will cost you more) and you could check it from your xisto account. same for the domain name, when you collect about 10$ from your mycent you could get your free domain name (10$ is the cost for the .com domain name, other domains may cost less) and you can check them too from your xisto account.

about how many mycent you will get for this post? i am not quiet sure. the new system depend on many things. but i can give you the key for the fastest way to get your mycent in here. keep on posting good quality posts that benefit others, and try to post some tutorials in the tutorials section. do your best and have fun :) .

same for the domain name, when you collect about 10$ from your mycent you could get your free domain name (10$ is the cost for the .com domain name, other domains may cost less) and you can check them too from your xisto account.

WD, its $12.95, not $10. And I almost made it to that amount in about 2 weeks.
The myCENT system seems to be not working properly, but it is there and working in the background. You get rewarded for posts even thought the actual update might show up a little late.

WD, its $12.95, not $10. And I almost made it to that amount in about 2 weeks.The myCENT system seems to be not working properly, but it is there and working in the background. You get rewarded for posts even thought the actual update might show up a little late.

I took about a week to reach $10, just go on alot of posting sprees and avoid spam. You just have to active and post a bunch of posts every month to get enough for your hosting needs ;) The hosting IS professionals, they have support forum, ticket complaints and alot of servers. If you make a complaint, it usually gets answered in a day or two and they fix the problem really fast.

If you need any more reassuring, just go ask anybody in the CHAT :lol:

WD, its $12.95, not $10. And I almost made it to that amount in about 2 weeks.The myCENT system seems to be not working properly, but it is there and working in the background. You get rewarded for posts even thought the actual update might show up a little late.

hmm...well i remember i payed about 10$ for mine, but maybe now the cost changed. any way 10$ or 12$ is not that hard to be reached. good luck and do your best to get your domain name.

opaque raised the price about a month ago. no biggie. it's still very affordable with the mycents you earn here :)before a domain was 9.99. he raised it about $3. i remember him mentioning something about the price increase in chat although there was never an announcement made about it.

opaque raised the price about a month ago. no biggie. it's still very affordable with the mycents you earn here :)
before a domain was 9.99. he raised it about $3. i remember him mentioning something about the price increase in chat although there was never an announcement made about it.

yeah right, i was there too and remember him saying that. but i thought he didn't do that yet since there is no announcement about it. therefore i assumed the prices are still as i registered here about eight months ago. but as anwiii said no big deal since it is affordable and we are paying them from mycent any way.
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

opaque raised the price about a month ago. no biggie. it's still very affordable with the mycents you earn here :)
before a domain was 9.99. he raised it about $3. i remember him mentioning something about the price increase in chat although there was never an announcement made about it.

I didn't know about the price raise either. It seems a couple of things were raised since the beginning of myCENTS.

But as you said, it really is not an issue -- it is just a few extra posts required and it helps keep the site alive anyways (to me the fact we even get this stuff for free is well worth the requirements to retain it).

The hosting is professional and it have some script limitations and it will be a problem if you are hosting a WordPress blog. the reason was, most scripts can't overwrite other scripts which is a good thing if security is concern but much of a trouble when you are updating plugins, themes and scripts via web method. manual update is still possible though, just warning you about it.However every limiting sides have a pros, that is no rouge scripts from injected contents can overwrite your files without you knowing it. The hosting also provides a very powerful option of having a shell access and the ability to have a remote MySQL access which are both pretty easy if you are using MySQL Admin to control your database.. it also makes updating and backing up critical database data easily.The approval can be as fast as 3-4hours for new domains and accounts and this can take a little while if they have a hard time checking your post so avoid spamming. Avoiding spamming methods do speeds up approval for domain purchase and hosting purchase and it also keeps you safe from -myCents penalties.

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

yea, i agree. plus, there is no real profits on domain names

You mean to say there is no profit for the PROVIDER, there is TONS and TONS of profits for the buyers :D I know a bunch of people that became rich and partially still live off being able to buy domains for cheap and sell it at the right time. You just have to have a niche that you think will become rich and popular in future and buy 20-30 domains in that. It's a real business and it works :) Wish i had been born before, i could have used my tricks on the domain boom!