xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluedragon

Forcing A Resolution On A Monitor Samsung monitor unrecognized

I have a samsung TFT which Ubuntu has failed to recognized. Now It has a native maximum supported resolution of 1920 x 1080I have instaled Ati drivers also ( I have a Radeon HD 5770)All I need to do is somehow force the monitor to 1920x1080 Can someone tell me howI googled but all I came up was to setup monitor resolutions from System > Preferences > monitorsor writting Xorg.conf.If someone knows a sure-shot way to do it, that will be really helpfulthanks

You could try the OpenSUSE Linux LiveCD. I heard that distribution has good support for hardware. It recognized a couple things Ubuntu didn't detect for me, but maybe I was just lucky. Wouldn't be too much effort to pop the cd in and try if you don't get any other replies.

Are u sure ur GFX card supports HD ????1080 X 1920 is High def and if your monitor is HD how can u force it to do any thing its a fixed resolution..... Basically if your display card supports 1080 X 1920 It should be compatbl with your monitor... Does not matter if it recognized your monitor or no.....