xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ezincenter

Illegal Hosting Companies

It has become apparent rather obvious that most hosting providers are running Non-registered, hence tax free operations. This is totally unfair and unreasonable as legal issues can be hard to adhere to.IMO, I think the legal complication of sueing a provider for damages if any problems ever amount would become a waste of time.Most companies in America on their sites put a ® or tm on words and banners, and I've become a little suspicious because trademarks in my country costs $10,000 I believe for which a small hosting provider most likely wouldn't have the capitial to spend on this.I know a few companies that put LLC on their business name but I'm not sure how to check if its real via the Internet. I've caught a few hosting companies out in Australia that put "Pty Ltd" on their business name but a check up on asic.gov.au proves they are faking it.Can a host be trusted if they are carrying a business that is utterly unregistered. - Some hosts don't even put LLC, or Pty Limited. They just put "Copyright 2005 XX***********" - just their domain name.