xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Little Asterisk

How Do You Track Time?

I wasn't very sure where should I put this topic in, but eventually I decided "Answers" would be appropriate. Because I hope to receive answers to this "colorful" question, which everyone will answer differently - I hope.

Now, you might be surprised why I'm asking this sort of "stupid" question. Well; the truth is, I am making an time-tracking application that people can use to view time spent on their projects. Since I'm absolutely sure not everyone make projects the same way, I wanted to do a "market research" beforehand.

Here's what I have so far:

Project name

Hours estimated (I'm not sure about this one, I intended it to be here - but I don't know how many determine the hours beforehand)

Start date (again, do I really need that?)

Deadline (I think this is the way to go and one of the better features)

Description (not required to fill in, but I believe it might be useful for reference)

Sub assignments -- which basically divide the process, supposedly like this:

Make a website for a client XX

Create a mock-up and approve

Design everything like supposed to

Make revisions for client

Code it in HTML and CSS, wait for client to change their mind

Code again, but now implement a CMS

Wait to get paid, maybe go to court if he refuses

The form also allows you to pick the importance of your tasks (important/medium/low).

So, this might not be an ordinary question, but this is really something I wanted to explore. Do you like the assignments simple®? Do you think there's too much in this one? Do you want to be able to mark various assignments in different colors in a time-tracking list?

Thanks!

Edited by Little Asterisk (see edit history)