xisto Community
ciproxr

Age Of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion

I think its the best game ive ever played, period......The things you can do are just amazing......its 5 years old and still the most succesful online game ever.....My favorite Civilazation use to be the britons, but ever since the newest update patch , i think the koreans are the best.......Whats your favorite Civ ?

yeah, it is a very good game.. I have played it for a long time. but lately I played Age of Empires III .. though I did not like much in the beginning, now I like it better than AOE II.It has a lot of improvements, a few basic one I like is that u dont have to look into petty things, after u assign a villager to built a storehouse he/she starts cutting wood or gold whichever is near unlike earlier where he/she waited on what to do next and u have to assign the task..btw my fav civilization too is Britons... I have not donwloaded the update patch yet...Cheers

yeah, it is a very good game.. I have played it for a long time. but lately I played Age of Empires III .. though I did not like much in the beginning, now I like it better than AOE II.

It has a lot of improvements, a few basic one I like is that u dont have to look into petty things, after u assign a villager to built a storehouse he/she starts cutting wood or gold whichever is near unlike earlier where he/she waited on what to do next and u have to assign the task..

btw my fav civilization too is Britons... I have not donwloaded the update patch yet...

Cheers

50963[/snapback]

Age of empires 3 hasent come out yet lol it comes out in july LOL How exactly did u play it

He's referring to Age of Mythology. Or just by the sound of

It has a lot of improvements, a few basic one I like is that u dont have to look into petty things, after u assign a villager to built a storehouse he/she starts cutting wood or gold whichever is near unlike earlier where he/she waited on what to do next and u have to assign the task..

He's talking about Age of Empires II: The Conquerors - as that was an improvement in the expansion as compared to Age of Kings.
Yep, AoC was definitely one of the best games I have played. I believe in terms of RTS though, the Blizzard games: StarCraft and Warcraft III have been out doing Age of Empires in the way of player numbers.

The newest patch is rather old :D - I like Teutons, always have and always will, unless they seriously screw them over in an unlikely event of a new game patch.

He's referring to Age of Mythology. Or just by the sound of

He's talking about Age of Empires II: The Conquerors - as that was an improvement in the expansion as compared to Age of Kings.

Yep, AoC was definitely one of the best games I have played. I believe in terms of RTS though, the Blizzard games: StarCraft and Warcraft III have been out doing Age of Empires in the way of player numbers.

The newest patch is rather old  :D - I like Teutons, always have and always will, unless they seriously screw them over in an unlikely event of a new game patch.

51394[/snapback]

Your right about what he was talking about, i figured that too..........

as for warcraft, i have heard alot about that game even though ive never played it.....it could the most popular game, but im pretty sure AOC is up there......

What i like about the koreans they collect stone 20% faster then everyone else......doe it enables me to put up like 10,000 towers up for very cheap........

The teutons are great, there one of the best, and i do use them occasionally cause they built sutff really fast.....

Another good CIV that most people underestimate are the persians, everyone gets them just for the elephants and dont look at the other good stuff........

If the byzantines were a little better i would pick them, cause my name is konstantinos , i was named after the emperor of byzantine lol

Im not much of a gamer believe it or not, i have a crappy onboard video , but it works just fine for AOC

Age of Empires is indeed the best strategy-game ever... I esspecially like the Saracens with their Mamelukes :P but the patches are really needed to fix that damn AI bug, the one that occurs when you play 10mins and everyone resigns ;) Oh well... Microsoft... what I need to say more haha

my opinionAge Of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion

I also like tetons. I like mixing teutonic knights with scorpions! They're just great. And a few rams are also good for destroying buildings. I also like that their towers can hold a lot more villagers. But I don't know how are they doing against high ranged units.. Because they're slow. Anyway, I really think they're one of the best civilizations I ever played. I also like japaneese ( I use the same strategy, I change the TK with Samurai) and chinese are good too if you're expert in playing with them ( I'm not too experienced in using Cho-ko-nu s but I met people that do). And spanish are good too, with their Conquistadors. About persians, they're not too good because of their elephants - too expensive. I know that they have other good things but other civilizations areare better. They're good only in DMs, where you have high resources and you can buy a lot of them. Elephants + scorpions are just great for that!

cheatsAge Of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion

you guys sound like you need cheats from me! I play the game all the time and  use cheats

Win Game - I r winner

1000 wood - lumberjack

1000 stone- rock on

1000 food - cheese steak jimmy's

1000 gold - robin hood

reveal map - marco

reveal enemy units and buildings - polo

free sabouter - to smithereens

everyone dies - black death    

-reply by Conquestador

Well, the Age Of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion is good game, i've played it, and make all my tasks from the Campigns :D Also, they are good games, all Age of Empires games are good, they have good Audio, good Image, good Videos etc :P I don't play it now, but it's good game :)

Cheats were the lame way to play this game. Unless you had the frickin sweet mustang that shot oldschool machinegun pellets at people...from the doors. But no seriously, this is one of the most fun games that I've ever played. I really enjoyed playing this over and over, because it was never the same game. You were able to just kick back, start up AoE II, and waste a perfectly good afternoon taking over the world!

I love this gameAge Of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion

AoC is the 2end best RTS game in existance, for those who wonder Total Annihilation is the best. (aka the predecesor to Supreme Commander, and is now an online project as Spring)

Mmm, does no one realize the power of the spanish? If your fast enough you don't even need an army in a good 1vs1 battle. Just send 30 villagers and the base is leveled, and your building a castle in the middle of it. If that doesnt work your unique unit can handle anything at all. Gunpowder and mounted? Oh yeah!

Everyone disses the vikings longboats, sure they arent the best things vs other ships... (though they do better then most other ships) what those ships really do is, in a good island game you need to clear the shore for your landing ships... Now if your playing someone like my father his island has a wall around it. Or at least a few units around. The longboats can easily clear out any nearby hostiles. Also... The longboats are like the calvery of the sea, they move faster. Dance around the slow pokes.

Never liked the persians, the war elephants are too slow, even with a boost from the unique tech, and even if they only cost 75 gold like the knights do. They still can get converted way to easily. The Serious lack of powerful infanty to counter pikeman is annoying. (longswords vs halbediers) however the hand cannons mixed with archers will do nicely.

The Koreans are awesome, they mine stone the fastest (and stone is the most important resourse), the towers are nice too but I almost never use them (unless fighting the britans then I build keeps all over the place). The War Wagons aren't that great either, they have good armor sure, but lack umph. And those turtle ships arent that useful either, they are great for clearing beachlines though. The secret is the catapults, with a range equal to the longbows. You can take out a whole army with 2 simultanous hits from a fully upgraded catapult. You can go through the "safety" of the trees and wreak havoc to the soft insides of bases. Micromanage the Catapults, this is the best race in the game. (or at least its my favorite)

And my other favorite is the Huns. No building houses, no worrying about the limit until the late game. Just Mix 20 tarkans with 20 knights and kill everyone. (make the tarkans go after buildings and let the knights fight all the units) When the pikeman start to fight back run, and send waves of mounted archors... Who cares if they die? They cost almost nothing for the huns. Oh, if you do end up problems, you can always clear a way through the trees with those accurate trebuchetes.

Good luck to you all, and I'll see you on the fields of battle!

-reply by Vlad Tapish

my opinion

Age Of Empires 2 : Conquerers Expansion

I also like tetons. I like mixing teutonic knights with scorpions! They're just great. And a few rams are also good for destroying buildings. I also like that their towers can hold a lot more villagers. But I don't know how are they doing against high ranged units.. Because they're slow. Anyway, I really think they're one of the best civilizations I ever played. I also like japaneese ( I use the same strategy, I change the TK with Samurai) and chinese are good too if you're expert in playing with them ( I'm not too experienced in using Cho-ko-nu s but I met people that do). And spanish are good too, with their Conquistadors. About persians, they're not too good because of their elephants - too expensive. I know that they have other good things but other civilizations areare better. They're good only in DMs, where you have high resources and you can buy a lot of them. Elephants + scorpions are just great for that!

Ah I consider age of empires on of the best games of strategy and more. I used to play the 2-nd version with my brother and my favorite civilization were britons too. But I am a fan of improvements too, and I also like age of empires 3 and it sounds perfect if you are playing on 256 nvideo graphic card.