xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donny79

Boycott The Animal Circus

This topic may already be known to you, but it won't hurt to be told once more. Animal rights is important and that includes the circus animals that is beeing beaten and druged just so that we (the public) can have a good time. I just read an article about it that I really want you to read It really made an impact on me. Vistit this site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and see what I'm talking about. Please tell other people about the topic. Let's share the knowledge. :unsure:

This topic may already be known to you, but it won't hurt to be told once more. Animal rights is important and that includes the circus animals that is beeing beaten and druged just so that we (the public) can have a good time. I just read an article about it that I really want you to read It really made an impact on me. Vistit this site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and see what I'm talking about. Please tell other people about the topic. Let's share the knowledge. :unsure:

thank you donny for bringing that up, i share you what you feel about the circus. even i liked the shows of animals that i usually saw in the TV when i was a kid but later when i grew up and knew that they were locked in cages, and forced to do things to entertain people, i stopped watching them and lost my interest in circus. even when i like to see them doing all the tricks but i can't hold myself from thinking, how they forced them to do these tricks and how they trained them. and all my answers lead to one word "violence", they should hit that poor animal to do what they want him to do, in the best ways they will feed him and hit him to do the tricks. and this still unfair. since knowing that i lost my interest in circus, and now i know if i want to see wild animals then i prefer watching them wandering in their natural environment like "Nature Reserve". otherwise i don't want to see them doing tricks to entertain me but to see them acting naturally in their home.

Share the knowledge????? What knowledge???? Are you refering to the propaganda that the animal rights freaks put out to get you to contribute to their various projects? The outright lies they tell and the stupid stories that they make up that any sane person with any knowledge of animal husbandry would know immediatly was a great big load of horse hockey???? Please get the facts before you go off propagating the AR agenda. Circus animals, Rodeo livestock, zoo animals, animals used in entertainment are some of the best cared for animals on the face of the earth. The owners of these animals has a huge investment of not only time, but money in their care and training. It would be insane to mistreat these animals, and you better believe that cases of true abuse are extrememly rare. Children are far more likely percentage wise to be abused than animals used in entertaining. And then you have organizations like PETA who deliberatly abuse animals, and then film it, and pretend that it is animal abuse. They have been caught actually filming a fake "canned hunt" and showing the tortured animals and blaming it on hunters. Some years back there was the big story on puppy mills that was entirely set up by a PETA member who took a job at a kennel under false pretences, he actually worked for PETA and the entire thing was faked. He deliberatly starved dogs, and then would put 2 male dogs together in a pen, and then film them fighting. He put a collar on a dog extremely tightly, and then weeks later went back and claimed the dog was abused because the owner did not see the collar had grown into the dogs neck. The kennel owner trusted this dirt bag scum, she had just undergone major surgery and was bedridden for over a month, and she hired him to make sure her animals were properly taken care of, instead he screwed her royaly. It was the PETA person that caused the animal suffering, not the kennel owner. But her life was destroyed because of his stupid game. The suffering that poor woman went threw because of his faked story was unbelievable. So, just because you read some garbage about animal abuse doens't mean there is a single bit of truth in it. Sadly, in more cases than not, it is a con game no better than a Nigerian fake check scam to con you out of your money, or to make headlines and increase the popularity of some animal rights group. Do you have any idea how many thousands of dollars come pouring in every time the news media puts on one of their "busts" that the humane society has made to save some poor animals? Take about big bucks!

Thank you for your reply, Sheepdog.

I'm sure you are right about a lot of the things you are writing. I'm sure there are some bad seeds/extremists in the animal rights organizations. They are everywere and can't be avoided. What I'm talking about, is the big picture. Is there a use for circuses who use animals in their shows?

Please have a look at this video and tell me what you see. Caution- May have strong content: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm sure there are many circuses that don't abuse the animals by beating them with sticks and such. But how are we to know who that is? Maby we should have a camera pointing at them at all times? I don't know how else to put an end to this. Any ideas? :unsure:

that video was such a bunch of b.s. i am with sheepdog to the extent that ara's go to extremes to try and make people believe that things like this are common. they aren't! at least here in the united states they aren't for sure!i will go see a circus, i will go to a zoo, and i will go to places like seaworld. but my personal view is that it is nothing but WRONG to keep ANY animal in a cage for ANY reason. there is absolutely no good enough reason to cage an animal except under extreme circumstance like giving first aid to an animal until it is healthy enough to survive on it own and even then, the cage should be no smaller that 15x the size of the animal.i know i act like i support the caging of animals by paying for a circus ticket or a zoo ticket, but as long as the animals are already cages, i think once in a while, it's a good learning experience to view the animals up close. heck, my dog has the run of this apartment and i still feel he is too confined. i want better for him.